SORT BY Relevancy
Joyce talks with Eve (not her real name) about her experience as a caregiver through her husband’s chronic illness and death. She then talks with Dr. Sheryle Baker about Eve’s experience, and about the changes that occur in the dynamics between the patient and the caregiver, and how we can all help the caregiver survive. This is a one hour show. About Our Guests Eve (not her real name) is the widow of a man who had von Hippel-Lindau disease, and a series of brain and kidney tumors that led him to a course of dialysis and eventually to his death. Eve graciously shares the pain of her experience so that we can learn from her experience.
Sheryle Baker, M.A., LMHC., is Executive Director of Life Center of Tampa, Florida, a non-profit agency that provides counseling for victims of violent crime, and people who have lost loved ones, through chronic illness or sudden death. She a psychotherapist specializing in bereavement and traumatic loss and incident,
About Caregiver Stress It is important to manage caregiver stress while you are going through the experience. If the patient is willing to negotiate the changes in roles and responsibilities that occur, that can help. Others around the caregiver can provide important support and outlets for stress.
For both the patient and the caregiver, there are a series of losses, culminating in the death of the loved one. Each of these losses must be grieved, and the grief worked through, or the stress turns outward (as anger) or inward (as bitterness and even illness).
Often when we are in a traumatic incident we muddle on through and seem to be doing fine. After the peak of the stress has passed, however, we crash. This “post-traumatic stress” can be devastating, and requires work to get through it.
On Tuesday, June 4th we welcome Suzanne Perkins Newman, Founder and CEO of Answers For Elders.com to our show.
As a successful business executive, Suzanne was thrust into the role of Caregiver for her Mom where she experienced a transformation in both her personal and professional life.
From Suzanne's Caregiving experience, she founded Answers For Elders.com to assist Caregivers during their special Caregiving journey.
Answers For Elders.com is a wonderful family caregiver's resource where you will find professional experts, local resources, and helpful answers to all your care questions. Through our conversation with Suzanne, we will all learn how to 'Be A Healthy Caregiver!'
On Tuesday, May 28th we welcome licensed massage therapist, Wayne White to our show!
Massage therapy is one of the most soothing gifts that one can experience in life. Stress relief and massage therapy go hand in hand. Those long stressful days of work and caregiving can be removed by the simple touch of a licensed massage therapist.
On today's show, we are going to explore with Wayne the art of massage therapy and why massage therapy is essential to good mental and physical health. Through our conversation today with Wayne, we will all learn how to 'Be A Healthy Caregiver!'
On Tuesday May 21st, we welcome Benjamin Azevedo, M.D.. from New Orleans Bow Ties to our show. Ben just recently graduated from Tulane University in New Orleans and will be heading to San Diego to start his residency program later this summer.
Ben has always resonated with the idea that there are two sides to the brain; the left being in charge of linear analytical thinking and focuses, ordered, logical execution while the right is more expansive, creative, and boundless. During his first year in medical school, Ben realized that he was letting his left brain take control of his life and strip it of the art and music and imagination that his family had fostered throughout his life. He put a conscious effort into letting go of his stress and thrust himself into the exploration of what his right brain had to offer.
Ben first began to cook, to draw, to exercise more and to get out into nature. Then the idea came of creating beautiful bow ties which has became a conversational piece in his work, while allowing his right brain to explore!
On today's show, Ben will demonstrate to us the importance of having equal balance in our lives so that we can all 'Be A Healthy Caregiver'
On Tuesday May 7th we welcome Psychologist Robert J Blattner Ph.D and Susan Holt Executive Director at Nerium.
Dr. Blattner soothing style has helped many patients since he started his practice in 1989. A proponent of a holistic approach to good heath and spirituality, Dr. Blattner has a keen sense of what it means to 'Be A Healthy Caregiver'. Susan Holt is the Executive Director with Nerium International. Susan will be chatting about how an accidental discovery lead to a real breakthrough in age-defining skin care. On today's show, I am proud to announce my association with Nerium and through our conversation today with Dr. Blattner and Susan, we will learn how taking better care of yourself will help you 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' To learn more about Nerium please click here!
On Tuesday, April 30th we welcome author Terry Ann Black, RN to our show.
Terry has been a registered nurse for 47 years, during which time she worked with many people in times of crisis. However her life changing experience came when Terry's father-in-law died in an auto accident, leaving her family with limited knowledge on where to find all his important documents.
Now in its 5th edition, Terry's book Caring Is Not Enough provides her readers with a clear and concise information on how individuals and families can get their affairs in order. Through our conversation on Tuesday, Terry will demonstrate to us how we can 'Be A Healthy Caregiver'
Tonight we are going to explore stress and education. How stressed are you about your child's education? How much stress is your child's school adding to your life? How stressed is your child when it comes to their education? How much stress is school adding to your child's life? How much do all of the suppose to do's in education add to your family's stress level?
On Tuesday, April 23rd we welcome Gail Zahtz from Car Pool Health to our 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' show on 'Blog Talk Radio'
Carpool Health is building an integrated media company to connect physician and patients with trusted information and recommended resources. Our strength lies in the unique identities of Communities of Practice that share common expertise, interests in diseases or treatments, and/or work together to learn and create solutions. By everyone coming together under one umbrella, and yet able to grow their personal passions and expertise within healthcare, every user can benefit.
Through our conversation with Gail, we will all learn how Car Pool Health will help us all 'Be A Healthy Caregiver'
On Tuesday, April 2nd we welcome Cruise and Travel Specialist, Jerry Desmarais to our 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' show.
Jerry is a Certified Travel Accessible Advocate and has been instrumental in helping us plan our Caregiving Cruise for this coming November. Concerned about bringing your Caree on a cruise, Jerry will bring his knowledge and expertise on the Cruise and Travel Industry and how they provide for those of us with a special need to make traveling easy and comforting.
Through our conversation with Jerry today, his information and knowledge of the cruise and travel industry will help us all 'Be A Healthy Caregiver'
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (205 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (59 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (59 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (29 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (28 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (21 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (20 chatters)
- New Colony Network (19 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Max Parthas (16 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (14 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (14 chatters)
- RCRadio (13 chatters)
- STORMS A COMIN (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (11 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- Fins Radio (10 chatters)
- Body of Christ (9 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (9 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- The Catch with John Fischer (8 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (8 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (7 chatters)
- Talk Jamaica (6 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (6 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (6 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- InThePaint (6 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (5 chatters)
- KDCL Media (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- 63504 (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- The Annoying Peasants (5 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- STACK HOUSE RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- thepassionzone (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (4 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (3 chatters)
- civilalert (3 chatters)
- bapnation (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Vittles and Voices Radio (3 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (3 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (3 chatters)
- ROYNATION (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Realm Radio (3 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (2 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- HoneySoul (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Jamtastic Podcast (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- GodKiller (1 chatters)
- GrustleHardRadio (1 chatters)
- Dj Nia BooM (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- On Tap Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Light For Your Path Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- AACONS (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- EZWAYBROADCASTING (1 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- drinkfive Podcast (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- un0mic (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network2 (1 chatters)
- The Boland Report (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- TraceyRhodes (0 chatters)
- Wrestling Marks Of Excellence Radio (0 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (0 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (0 chatters)