SORT BY Relevancy
Join fitness experts Ken Williams and Tiffany Santana on the Monday Madness: The Health & Fitness Show for a discussion on cardio workouts versus resistance training. Get insight and tips on this kind of workout and the pros of cons of both. The Monday Madness team will also offer tips and suggestions to help you on your journey to health and fitness. Join us at 10am on the S&HCN on blogtalk radio for the Monday Madness: The Health and Fitness Show. Listen or call-in with questions at 1-914-338-1541. Visit www.blogtalkradio.com/sandhcn for details about Monday Madness and other shows on the network.
What Is The Best Cardio Workout For Burning Off Fat?
For quite a while it has been accepted that low-intensity cardio was the best for burning fat. According to studies this method burned the calories primarily from fat. This has recently been disproved, as a new and exciting way to perform cardio has arisen.
The best cardio for burning off that stubborn fat will have you in the gym shorter than you'd expect. This cardio is called HIIT-High Intensity Interval Training. The concept is pretty simple.
You transition from low-moderate intensity intervals to very high intensity intervals. If you judge by the readout on the given exercise machine, you might assume that going at a low intensity for 30-45 minutes would burn more calories than 15 minutes OR LESS utilizing HIIT. This is not true, however, as many of the calories you burn come after you leave the gym (When performing HIIT).
15 minutes may seem to good to be true to lose weight, but it is not. However, you must keep in mind this is no walk in the park. This is very demanding, but extremely rewarding and time-saving. HIIT will support your metabolism so that you are burning calories later in the day. You will burn fat if calories out exceed calories in, and you will expend more calories by choosing HIIT.
HIIT can be performed on many different exercise machines, as well as outside or on the track. In all situations, make sure to warm up for about 3-5 minutes. Once you are ready to go, you will begin your intervals.
The first reason we are going to give weight training a point in the fat loss wars against cardio training is due to the calorie burn after the workout is completed.
Studies have demonstrated that after a weight training workout, the metabolism can be boosted for up to 36 hours post-workout, meaning rather than burning say 60 calories an hour while sitting and watching TV, you're burning 70. While you may think, 'Big deal - 10 extra calories', when you multiply this by 36 hours, you can see what a huge difference that makes in your daily calorie expenditure over that day and a half.
When you figure out that on a monthly rate, it becomes even clearer how regular participation in a weight lifting session will really increase your calorie burning and thus fat burning capacity.
With cardio training, you might get an extra 40-80 calories burned after a moderate paced session, and this will depend upon the exact intensity and duration of the workout.
1. Diane’s updates [2:30]
2. Liz’s updates [7:03]
3. Real Food movement pioneer, Mary Enig [8:00]
4. Low-carb controversy in the Paleosphere [10:45]
5. Should I quit cardio? [22:03]
6. Is palm olein the same as palm oil, and is it healthy? [31:41]
7. Post workout skin care regimen tips [36:16]
8. Raw eggs; ditch the white? [42:54]
9. Homesteading with goats [48:19]
10. Kitchen tip: pots and pans and safe nonstick [52:11]
11. #worstpaleomealever Call out [55:30]
Could this be the recipe for deflating the muffin top? A recent study compared three groups—those who ate a reduced-carbohydrate diet, those who combined the diet with strength training and those who combined the diet and strength-training with cardio workouts—and found that a three-tier approach was the most effective strategy to decrease abdominal fat. It's important to note that the exercises you choose and the effort you put into them really matter, says Marta Montenegro, a certified strength and conditioning coach who teaches exercise physiology at Florida International University. Instead of ho-hum treadmill-trotting and sit-ups, she recommends high-intensity workouts, which have been shown to be more effective at reducing the belly fat you can pinch with your hand, as well as the visceral fat that pads internal organs (which has been linked to metabolic disturbances and increased risk for cardiovascular disease and type-2 diabetes).
Montenegro put together this hard-core high-intensity workout based on the latest research, her work with clients and her own experience (that's her in the photos; those abs don't lie).
We all know what a great form of cardio dancing is, but nobody is thinking about cardio when that " first dance" of your wedding comes around. Join hosts Laurie Towers and Elite Ziegelman as they welcome special guest Yana Kun of DanceSport, and chat about that all too intimidating moment, and how their new program will help couples to put their best foot forward.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (26 chatters)
- Ms Blue (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (18 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (17 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (16 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (14 chatters)
- OPWR (12 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (6 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (5 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz0 (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Sportsology (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- ShadySykes (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Haunted Hunters (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Vindication (1 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- and now for something completely (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Radio PI (1 chatters)
- Path Of Life (1 chatters)
- The Randy Report (1 chatters)