SORT BY Relevancy
DoSomething.org runs hundreds of national cause campaigns to help young people make a tangible impact in their community. Any cause. Anytime. Anywhere. Join us a we welcome Mike Fantini(Head of Product) to discuss DoSomething's Give a Spit About Cancer campaign. An initiative that helps young people run cheek swabbing drives to get people in their community get signed up for the national bone marrow registry. Survivor Spotlight on Michael Saperstein.
For this episode, we will be tackling the issue of caregiving for those affected by young adult cancer, especially children with sick parents. Join us as we delve into this issue with Rob Harris (Founder, RobCares) and Father/Daughter team Marc and Maya Silver (Co-Authors, "My Parent Has Cancer and It Really Sucks") Survivor spotlight on AYA survivor and peak performance coach Jay Platt (Founder, "No Matter What!" Foundation)
The "Cancer Insurance Checklist" is a real thing created collaboratively amongst dozens of advocacy groups. Join us as we welcome Linda House (Executive Vice President of External Affairs at Cancer Support Community) and Elizabeth Hoffler (Senior Director, Policy and Advocacy at Prevent Cancer Foundation) to talk about this groundbreaking resource. Survivor spotlight on Heather Swift.
Inflammatory breast cancer accounts for 1 to 5 percent of all breast cancers diagnosed in the United States and tends to be diagnosed at younger ages. Tonight we welcome Terry Arnold (Founder, IBC Network Foundation) and Dr. Wendy Woodward to discuss this often misdiagnosed disease. Survivor Spotlight on Tolley St. Clair.
It’s important to recognize that sleep is an absolutely crucial component of strengthening your immune system and needs to be part of your cancer treatment plan. Listen as we dig back into the archives and Dr. Ken Weizer discusses sleep and how to get enough rest when on the cancer journey.
It’s understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person’s experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality.
By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
For many young adults diagnosed with cancer, the fertility repercussions of treatment are often eclipsed by the primary objective of treating the disease. Join us as we talk with Gina Shaw (Author) and Shelley Nolden (blogger and mom to be) as we explore the options, risks and tough emotional and psychological issues of having children after cancer. Survivor Spotlight on Jen Rachman.
“I Am Somebody” is a spiritually nourishing book by poet/author Frances H. Kakugawa - that is also likely to be healing for people who lack the words to describe their caregiving experiences, both past and present, and the range of emotions that accompany those experiences.
Her message is a powerful one: Despite all the demands and burdens that caring for someone with dementia entail, the bottom line is never to forget that person’s humanity. The care recipient may no longer have the memories, abilities and personality that he or she once did, but there is a soul within that body that responds to and is deserving of love and compassion.
It’s October, otherwise known as “Pinktober”. As we enter Brest Cancer Awareness Month, join us as we welcome our friends Dr. Angela Wall (Communications Director) and Annie Sartor (Policy and Campaign Coordinator) from Brest Cancer Action, a national, feminist grassroots education and advocacy organization fighting to achieve health justice for all women at risk of and living with breast cancer. Survivor Spotlight on Seporah Raizer.
Join Host Live Chats
- Yada (39 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (25 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (18 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (17 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- reactionariez (14 chatters)
- Bellesprit (12 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (7 chatters)
- Straitway (7 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- In Todays America (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (3 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- Local Live Music (2 chatters)
- Mind Body Spirit U (2 chatters)
- BITEradio me (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- Fancalls (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- FSW Radio 2 (1 chatters)
- CHAT IT UP WITH DUSHI (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (1 chatters)