SORT BY Relevancy
Ann Fonfa, longtime SHARE volunteer and founder of Annie Appleseed Project, discusses natural cancer strategies including risk reduction information, ways to reduce treatment toxicities, and approaches to help you thrive as a survivor at any stage. Ann became interested in Integrative Oncology when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. This year she celebrates 22 years as a cancer survivor.
Dr. Denise Yardley, Senior Investigator of Breast Cancer Research at Sarah Cannon Research Institute, and
Medical Oncologist with Tennessee Oncology, PLLC, will present and answer questions about this phase 3 clinical trial for women with BRCA 1 or 2 positive metastatic breast cancer. Phase 1 and 2 trials of this drug reported promising results: 10 out of 12 women benefited from this experimental drug. The EMBRCA trial is available at 53 sites worldwide. This program supports the work of the National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC) to educate the public about the EMBRCA trial.
Cancer Support Network of Zambia launched in 2011 , is an organisation working in Zambia to bring support to people with cancer.
With partners like the District Health Team in Kitwe, Kitwe and Ndola Central Hospitals, Malcom Watson Hospital etc. they have received support from major companies, like Mopani Mines who is one of their biggest sponsors and many more. They also partner with all of the radio stations at different times, NationalTV and national papers to spread awareness. They have had several training programs and participated in international cancer conferences and are now part of an Alliance of all the cancer organizations in Zambia.
Airs at 6 a.m. PST, 9 a.m. EST, 14 hrs BST, 15 hrs CAT.
You can participate on the show by:
calling 1-347-237-4270 (this number is also Skype ready)
sending a tweet to @zambiablogradio or @bookwormgiraffe
posting a message on our Facebook wall
The diagnosis of cancer can put you or someone you love smack dab in the middle of unfamiliar territory. And, when that happens, as a survivor or caregiver, having immediate access to cancer support and resources saves time, reduces stress and can make your unexpected journey a little smoother. But, what about your job? Should you keep working? What should you say or not say to your coworkers or boss? Our first guest, Monica Bryant, is the Chief Operating Officer for Triage Cancer. A non-profit serving survivors, caregivers, and professionals by providing a comprehensive resource for connecting to information and experts right when you need it the most. Our second guest, Rebeccas Nellis, is the Vice President of Programs and Strategy for Cancer And Careers. Rebecca’s organization understands that work doesn’t stop when you or someone you love is diagnosed or completes treatment. Through the programs they offer, you can better understand and prepare for your future, even if it means changing direction. Both are guest speakers at the upcoming Survivors Convention in Nashville, TN. Join as as they share invaluable insights for you and your loved ones. Michele’s shows combine scientific research, cutting-edge guests and personal stories that highlight the challenges and successes of deliberately deciding to change the direction of your life. If you could use some inspiration, motivation, how-to strategy or just company along your own private journey, tune in for each episode's insights and suggestions guaranteed to help you move forward. For more ideas about how to create change you choose, visit ChangeYouChoose.com.
Today, hosts Nicki @AllThingsRH, Jill @NotSoSoccerMom & Mella @ClinkAndChat join together in a 2 part podcast to shine our spotlight on the issue of Cancer Support! We are joined by Richard Nares of the Emilio Nares Foundation to hear his story & discuss how to be supportive when your friend, family or loved one is dealing with cancer.
*CLINK!* Here for more & to hear Part 1!
Tari Prinster is a cancer survivor, yoga teacher and author. She is the Founder of Yoga4Cancer, LLC (y4c) and the Retreat Project (nonprofit) – businesses that are bringing specialized yoga cancer survivors through classes & retreats. Also she leads a robust teacher training program to help enable yoga teachers to best adapt all styles to fit the unique needs of cancer patients & survivors.
In Tari’s own words, she recounts her background with yoga and cancer: ‘When I was fifty, I started a yoga practice on a hunch it would ease menopausal symptoms. It did! That was sixteen years ago. Today, I am an example that it is never too late to start, never too late to change. Yoga made me feel younger and stand straighter. I sleep better, my weight is good, and my bones are strong.
I found yoga a powerful tool to manage the daily challenges of cancer treatments as well as the side effects and life-long vulnerabilities they create. I discovered yoga was more than a way to stay healthy. It gave me emotional support and spiritual comfort so needed during recovery.
I was curious why yoga was doing so much for me. My research made it clear why yoga strengthens the immune system, thus providing, among other things, protection against a cancer reoccurrence.
Her website is: http://y4c.com/
2 HUGES ISSUES IS IT NOT..WE WILL DISCUSS THE ROLE OF STRESS MANAGEMENT IN HELPING TOWARD THE CURE..LOTS TO GO OVER..TUNE IN
3/23/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Young Adult Cancer Connection's Dakota Fisher-Vance (Co-Founder) and Rachel Wetzel (member) about the growing Philadelphia young adult cancer community — AND the first ever Cancervention Conference. Survivor Spotlight on ovarian cancer survivor, actorvist, writer, and founder of Bald Is Beautiful Sharon Blynn.
(Natural News) Could exposure to radiation from cell phone towers really be responsible for over 7,000 cancer deaths? According to research findings from Brazil, the facts speak for themselves. The study established a direct link between cancer deaths in Belo Horizonte, Brazil's third largest city, with the cell phone network.
Learn more: plus news and entertainment.
What does this direct link stem from?
Over 80 percent of those who succumbed to certain types of cancer resided approximately a third of a mile away from one of the hundreds of cell phone antennae that populate the city.
These cancers, primarily found in the prostate, breasts, lungs, kidneys, liver, are the ones associated with exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040905_cell_phone_towers_radiation_cancer.html#ixzz3VyKv5aMp
3/30/2015 — In this episode, we talk with Dr. Kevin Murphy professor from UCSD and Vice Chairman of the Department of Radiation Medicine and Applied Sciences about his research in the use of transcranial magnetic therapy and chemo brain. Survivor Spotlight on Christabel Cheung.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (67 chatters)
- The Portal (25 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (14 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Witch School (8 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (7 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (6 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (4 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- Whisper nThunder (3 chatters)
- Rick Moran (3 chatters)
- PRN Positive Radio Network (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (2 chatters)
- SHRAonair (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- World Alliance Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (2 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (2 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Death of Diets (1 chatters)
- Awakened BEloved Community (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Progress in the World (1 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (1 chatters)
- Ring Revolution Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Race Fans Rock Radio Show (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (0 chatters)