SORT BY Relevancy
Business Incubators and Small Business
As a full time professional tenant in a business incubator, we at SCM enjoy all of the same services as does any professionally staffed office. Our working environment even includes built-in networking opportunities!
Business incubators are formal programs designed to support the successful development of entrepreneurial companies through an array of business support resources and services. Those services are developed and orchestrated by a management team sponsored by the local community, with the objective of stimulating the local economy.
Business incubators started to flourish in the mid to late nineties along with the hi-tech boom. Not surprisely, many believe incubators primarily serve the hi-tech industry but in fact, there are many niche incubators and others that work with a wide range of businesses...and their success rate is pretty high!Justin interviews Paula Connelly, Program Manager and Director of the Women's Business Center at the Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and Sharon Miller, the CEO of the Center since 1999.Paula Connelly manages the Business Incubator program and the Virtual Incubator program which is a pool of consultants providing case management directly to clients, including outreach, needs assessment and feedback. Paula also oversees Program Development which includes workshops, the Successful Women in Business Speaker Series, Quickbooks, Advanced Marketing, Business Planning and more.Sharon Miller is responsible for administrative and fiscal oversight, program development, and fundraising. During her tenure, Renaissance has added other locations, merged with Start Up, the only micro-enterprise organization in the Mid-Peninsula, expanded its small business incubator, became a SBA Women’s Business Center, and launched an instructor-led online business planning class.Justin Krane is a Certified Financial Planner and the President of Krane Financial Solutions. His savvy approach to financial planning allows clients to unite their money with their lives and business. Using a unique system developed from his studies of financial psychology, Justin partners with entrepreneurs to create a bigger vision with education and financial modeling.
Entrepreneur Mom Now is the first stop for mom entrepreneurs opening their small business. They are a growing premium community of entrepreneurial moms eager to fulfill their dreams.
They provide insightful profiles of other moms, create a central resource of local networking events and educational workshops, host webinars and conference calls, and create a community over social networks like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
They also provide entrepreneurs a unique opportunity to promote their businesses to other moms.
Mom entrepreneurs have unique needs not specifically addressed in mainstream business publications. Their aim is to encourage moms to dream big, while providing the foundational information, resources and connections locally and globally to achieve that dream.
Join us as we talk to Heather Broad, Calgary City Director for Entrepreneur Mom Now. She too remembers feeling alone and overwhelmed with no one to talk to who understood running a business while trying to be all things to her family. Learn about the hurdles of being an Entrepreneurial Mom and how Entrepreneur Mom Now can guide you on the right path to success.
Learn more about Entrepreneur Mom Now HERE. And watch for Heather's Article in the next issue of the Brighter Business Empower Magazine HERE.
Erica Peitler, author of the new book Leadership Rigor: Breakthrough Performance and Productivity. More about Erica here: http://ericapeitler.com/
Karla Dennis. Cohesive COHESIVE founder and CEO offers advise to small businesses on minimizing their taxes to maximize their profits.
Joel D. Levitt, "Seven Symptoms of Bad Meetings and What You Can Do About Them."
Janna Hoiberg discusses tips and ideas for Family businesses. This time, we focus on challenges of preparing the business and family members for leadership transition. Search Our Audio Library at www.ExitCoachRadio.com for her last interview.
With every website click and every tweet, share, like and call center inquiry, your company's data volume grows and grows. Big Data may be the newest marketing phenomenon but it can also be an overwhelming bit of TMI for small businesses to review, monitor and analyze all of these figures, numbers and stats. This episode of The Marketing Mojo Show will guide small businesses through these three maneuvers:
Where to find the data
What data is important for your business
How to use data to target your customers and develop new clients
To help guide listeners is special guest Nancy L. Hohns, LGK Marketing's in-house strategist, a marketing communications leader and idea architect with more than 25 years national experience in marketing, brand strategy, advertising, public relations and special events and author of In the Thick of It, Big Data vs. Gut Instinct.
Get the conversation started and use the hash tag #mymarketingmojo to comment on the question: How do you capture data for your business and what do you do with it?
Take 5 minutes from your busy business day and listen to expert business advice to grow and improve your business with Howard Lewinter.
In today's 5 Minute Business Strategy Howard talks about: How Do You Set Your Business Goals?
CEOs, presidents, founders, business owners across America trust Howard Lewinter's business advice to solve business problems, increase business profits and live their entrepreneurial dreams of running a successful business with less stress.
For more business tips, follow Howard on Twitter: @HowardLewinter - or connect with Howard on LinkedIn.
PROPHECY ALIVE WHERE MIRACLES HAPPEN
Join Dr. Cheryl Cottle and guest Christine Miura on Women in Business Radio, on Monday 15, September at 11:00am EST where Dr. Cottle continues her segment on "spirituality and women in business". Miura will share with us, how if you are "authentically aligned with who you really are; knowing and owning your brilliance; and how all of it translates to your business and services." The core of who you are, your perception of self, your self worth, self-confidence and self esteem are all wraped up into your spirituality. This episode will also look at, how you can create a business environment that supports spirituality and facilitate your business growth and development.
Christine Miura is the co-founder of Lotus Conversion Marketing: Online Marketing Agency, specializing in business growth, marketing and sales conversion strategies for online and offline markets. "Christine is a business coach, strategic marketer, speaker and author. She graduated from San Diego State University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing and Economics. Christine has over 13 years experience as a marketing and communications expert. Messaging and broadcasting is her speciality. She is an expert in national product launches for manufacturers since 1990 and information products since 2010.
Host: Dr. Cheryl Cottle
Guest: Christine Miura
Sponsor: Crafted Spaces
Confronting reality for any business owner involves asking the tough questions such as: What is your strategy? What are your plans for growth, and are you on track, AND are the leaders in your company ready to charge. Most importantly you as an entrepreneur needs to know what's on the horizon and how to prepare for it. On this episode of The Hut, Hosts Patrick Shore and Jodi Livengood will walk you their blueprint on how to grow your business with your feet firmly planted in reality.
Patrick Shore is President, and CEO of Intellithink, LLC Intentional Innovation, bringing more than twenty-five years of experience in defining, designing and implementing fresh ideas with results.
Find out more at http://intelli-think.com/
Voter Education means Empowerment, and Women in Business Honors Weds Sep 17th 930AM
Weds Sept. 17th Live on WIGO AM 1570 9:45-10AM Part 1 of Interview with Maynard Jackson III about voting organiztion Future Voters of America. Also author and businesswoman Sonia Booker talks about The Atlanta Business League Super Tuesday event honoring women. Simulcast on radio WIGO AM1570 in Atlanta.and on WIGOAM.COM
Hear on your mobile device via TuneIn radio (Follow Clarion Call while there), Call in to listen or comment 347-838-8767
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (493 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (24 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- reactionariez (18 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (14 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (13 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (9 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (7 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- churchfolk (5 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- David Fournier (3 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (3 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (3 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The World Transformed (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Portal (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Rifleman (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Harmonious Vibrations (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)