SORT BY Relevancy
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Carlos Blanco, MD, PhD
1. How can a woman with breast cancer tell if she's struggling from
depression or just the effects of chemotherapy/treatment?
2. What are some of the more common difficulties that come up after a breast cancer diagnosis - for example, the strain on intimate relationships?
3. What are common things that family and friends can actually do to support a woman going through this? How can they actually "help" during this period of depression/health issues?
4. Are there support groups out there or treatments for this? Is depression
that common during breast cancer?
5. Can depression actually affect the course of cancer in some way?
To listen to any of our previous archived episodes on psychiatry topics such as child and adolescent mental health, OCD, substance abuse or eating disorders please go to blogtalkradio.com/columbiapsychiatrynyspi
A look at how Surviving Breast Cancer plays in the family.
Last week I talked about how to know that you would never have cancer. And tonight I want to talk specifically about breast cancer, since there will be about 39,500 breast cancer deaths this year in our Country. I do not want you to become a breast cancer statistic and you can find out what is causing breast cancer and then take the steps in your own life to make sure you never have it.
Join us as we open the floodgates to expose Triple Negative Breast Cancer, a misunderstood variant of the disease that affects up to 25,000 women each year. We will be joined by Hayley Dinerman (Executive Director), Malaak Compton-Rock (Board Member) and Dr. Lisa Newman (Scientific Advisory Board) from the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. TNBC young adult survivor Rachel Pappas in the spotlight.
Join Dr. Teresa Graham & Maddie Johnson as they talk about their healing process after being diagnose with Breast Cancer. They will be sharing their testimony and their faith in God to heal and deliver them from this deadly disease. Show starts at 6:00PM CST. & 7:00PM EST. Please join us by dialing- (516) 531-9244.
The happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic goes ‘PINK’ to help raise awareness for the link between Breast Cancer and Diabetes on this free monthly podcast. Mr. Divabetic shines the spotlight on guests, Dr. April Speed, Award-winning Songwriter and Author Mary Sue Englund, Actress and Writer, E.P. McKnight, TeamWILD Founder, Mari Michelle Ruddy and Poet Lorraine Brooks.
Dr. April Speed provides breast cancer services to women, men and adolescents. Dr. Speed is a member of the American Society of Breast Cancer Surgeons, the Society of Surgical Oncology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO.) She was awarded the ASCO National Diversity in Oncology Award in 2009.
Mary Sue Englund has released five self-penned albums to date. A staple at the Grand Ole Opry, Englund has toured the world with country legend Pam Tillis as her pianist, guitarist, violinist and harmony vocalist.
Mary Sue Englund’s book and companion CD, ‘I AM A WOMAN’ captures the beautiful breadth of the female experience, with all its cluttered, clouded magic. Striking photographs and wise and sometimes surprising quotes of courageous women from all walks of life fill the pages of this lovely linen-bound coffee table book.
"After seeing the profound effect that the song, ‘I AM A WOMAN’ had on people in concert, I was inspired to write a complete album of what I consider to be “healing songs," says Mary Sue Englund. "For those needing encouragement; for those fighting illness or grief, or those craving a little joy. Frankly, I think that is everyone!
CALL IN: (347) 215-8551
Tune in to the popular free monthly Diabetes Late Nite podcast hosted by the happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic to hear how real life ‘divas’ and dudes handle blood sugar high’s and low’s in tricky famous movie-inspired settings and situations.
Breast Cancer Awareness Night on GrindHard Radio Hosted by: Virginia Slim, Dangerous Tactics, and Jit Chronicles. Join us for a special episode as we raise Breast Cancer Awareness Prevention there will be a topic for discussion, random calls will be taken and music will be played. Call-in Live @ 323-693-3043 and press "1" to talk to the hosts.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (452 chatters)
- NTEB (74 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (54 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (29 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (24 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (22 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (22 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Odwirafo (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (14 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (13 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- PAGO Radio (10 chatters)
- Love Productions (9 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (8 chatters)
- The View from Montana (8 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- NDB Media (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- Live From The Bay With Joey (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (5 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (4 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- drinkfive (3 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (3 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- Madden NFL 15 on PlayStation4 (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- William Telltale (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sports Rap Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)