SORT BY Relevancy
Why Women Assault (Beat their boyfriends or husbands) and the Reasons Offered for Such Behavior
A lot of attention has been paid to debates over whether women initiate assaults as often as men, and whether assaults by women are dangerous. Relatively little has been paid to why women initiate assaults. (One reason for this, I suggest, is an "ideology" that women are not violent and that domestic violence is a sign of male oppression of women
The more interesting question, however, is why women initiate assault in an intimate relationship. Fiebert and Gonzalez report on one of the largest surveys conducted to look at this question, involving 978 female college by Savings Explorer" from southern California. APA Monitor, v. 29, #4, April 1998) express concern that if women feel they can "get away with it," they will slap and hit--but that, sooner or later, the man may strike back. If he does, he may do serious damage even if he pulls his punch.
For more show information call darnell Glover at (773) 340-1572
in Self Help
Most life coaches and authors would agree that authenticity is the key to a fulfilled life; but in practical terms, what does this mean? When we have to make a decision, how do we respond authentically?
1. Knowing what I want:
Throughout life I never asked myself, “What do I want?”. I was too busy pleasing in turn my parents, teachers, boyfriends, husband and kids. I finally reached a tipping point at age 39, when the constant sense of dissatisfaction forced me to search for answers within.
2. Expressing what I want through unhesitant action:
It’s more valuable to my evolution to act, either in reaction or in response to life circumstances, than to be paralyzed by the fear of making a mistake.
3. Developing a thick skin against judgment:
I came to terms with the fact that people around me aren’t going to accept my new authentic self, that they are going to react out of fear of losing me, that they are going to fight to get my old self back.
Mariah Carey & Nick Break up rumors. Also a question will be asked why dont gay relationship dont last call in.
It's a crazy world out here today and this particular show topic may not have even been believable if it was brought up back in our grandparents days.
But oh how times have changed! If you were to ask this question to the masses in this day and age you'll probably receive "that many" different answers.
Back in the simpler days of society, many of the issues that we face today were there back then, we just didn't rub the faces of those around us in it because we had a higher moral compass overall, a sense of decency and respected who we were and the title that we represented.
If we were Mothers, then we respected the fact that we were and acted according. Sure, back in the days many a mother may have worked in a brothel to put food on the table but the people in her world never knew it.
While I'm not insinuating that every single mother is some wonton vixen of a sexual beast who will prostitute herself as if that's her only option, all I'm saying is that we all had enough decency to not allow what we do as adults to be seen by the eyes of those youngsters who were coming up behind us.
We knew back then that every little thing that was done in that life of the Mother was absorbed easily into the subconscious mind of the child/children and will affect them for the rest of their lives whether we want to acknowledge it or not.
If Mommy had an intimate male friend, the kids never knew and no matter how much time passed by or how close those two became, the kids were made to never find out until there was a marriage very close over the horizon.
And even then the delicate balance of that home life was respected and wasn't force fed a strange new entity/energy as he was added in slowly like those precious ingredients put into a gourmet soup gumbo.
What effect has our neglect of discretion had on our kids as they've developed into adults?
Lisa Tarves, Metaphysician, author of the book, "Just Believe", Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and gifted angel intuitive, interviews experts in the area of metaphysics and spirituality each Sunday at 7 pm Eastern.
This week, Jennifer Hicks:
Jennifer Hicks is a psychic and medium who got her start working with law enforcement agencies. Her psychic skills began at age 16, but she kept her ability a secret from everyone—family, friends, boyfriends and eventually bosses and co-workers. She obtained a degree in biology from Rutgers University and worked in scientific fields for years, selling scientific equipment to laboratories and then suiting up in hazmat gear—those groovy white Tyvek moonsuits—in the environmental industry. Around age 40, she began to hear the people in spirit more powerfully, and they were telling her where certain murderers and fugitives could be found. Scared out of her wits, she finally summoned up the courage to go to the FBI in Newark, NJ and pass the tips along. Turns out she was right—and that began her career working as a psychic.
Jennifer now does readings for the general public, and she continues to work on criminal cases. You can hear her weekly on Blog Talk Radio, Tuesdays at 7 pm Eastern time, on her show entitled “Making the Connection.”
Relationships are the heart of human existence.
We have relationships with everyone we meet and with people we never meet because we are all on the same planet. However....
There are those few we feel connected with; attracted to; a magical sense of being together. And, so we get closer to those few and closer and closer until we are the closest we can be. We get wrapped up. We learn to live together. We get all up in each others' everything.
"Love is HOT until it's NOT."
Tonight the good Dr. Eric Lovejoy will invite callers to come in for a diagnosis.
Of course an ER needs a good TRAUMA TEAM, so any callers can stay on the line and help be a panel to help others who are suffering in their relationships.
An ER is a TEAM EFFORT.
Call in for this BRAND NEW SHOW and let's start a relationship!
Dr. Eric Lovejoy
I’m Tiana Ham, a Licensed Healthy Hair stylist, Visions by Tiana, LLC. I obtained a G.E.D in 2005 and I’m a graduate of The Gallery school of Cosmetologist, Working on my Business degree in Cosmetology. God gave me a vision that showed me through faith, prayer and trusting god I can accomplish anything. Born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. I was raised by my Mother, co-parented by my grandparents. My Father also was in my life, but he was struggling with an addiction at the time. My mother was a single parent and that was not easy raising three kids on her own .I did not understand at that time in my life the pain she was going through trying to be mom, dad and working to provide our needs as her kids. My mom had me at an early age 17, my brother 6 years later, sister 4 years later. My Grandparents played a major role in my life. Watching my grandmother be the spiritual, strong, determined wife and women of god that she was, helped me become the spiritual, wife, mother and friend I am today. When I was in the 8th all of my friends, cousins were going to get their hair done of course I could never go and get my hair done. To make a long story short, I asked my mom to go and buy me some weave and she did, I start doing my hair just experimenting. My classmates started complimenting my hair. My mom start letting me do her hair, being so young I still didn't see the talent god had blessed me with. There was a lot of things in my life, I had felt I didn't have as a teenager , I became very rebellious skipping school , talking to boys and becoming a follower. I always hung out with older cousins, had older friends, boyfriends. My grandma always said I had an old soul and grew up to fast for my age.
Read the rest of her bio at blessedfyi.com
We all have them. A mother who guilts you on a daily basis, the bad boyfriend who is more similar to your last few boyfriends than you would like to admit, and the son or daughter who is rejecting.
How do you grab your life back from these constantly painful relationships that makes you feel like a failure. Can you be spiritual and still get caught in these cycles?
Is there a way to heal, so you don't repeat these same relationships?
Why do we end up feeling like our needs are second to every one else's needs?
In today's show, I discuss potential relationships and their problems, but I don't
stop there. I look at these typically challenging relationships with a different set of eyes.
The greatest way to get freedom from one of these thorns is the kind of change that allows
you to live with what you cannot change anyway. The benefits are a longer, healthier life
and happier relationships with the other people in your life. Feeling better emotionally
and physically restores the joy of truly living.
Call in Tues at noon and we can discuss yur complicated relationships.
This summer get all the heat from The Jamie and Loco Project as we heat things up this week, Rihanna parties with the Germans, There is a female Thor, there is a Kim Kardashian game Paris Hilton has a new music video. Yes you read that right plus Jamie has something he wants to share, perhaps another job interview? So tune into the the show and tell your friends and boyfriends for Jamie but remember The Jamie and Loco Project is naughty not nice.
When it comes men and women with dating, there are so many double standards. From traditional roles in the household to ecpectations from each other, It seems as if BOTH men and women have unrealistic and unfair expectations. All week, we have been doing surveys asking both men and women questions on relationships and majority of our responses have left us know that both men and women expect and desire more then they are willing to give.
We have lots of questions and concerns and we want to make a discussion out of it. Tune in tonight as we explore the double standards of dating and marriage. The show starts at 10:00 pom EST Call in time is 619-393-2813
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (81 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (78 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (71 chatters)
- NTEB (49 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (44 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (31 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (23 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (20 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (17 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (13 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (8 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (7 chatters)
- Bellesprit (7 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (4 chatters)
- LCS (4 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- 64403 (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (2 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (2 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Kelly Outdoors (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)