SORT BY Relevancy
Polaris Rose, the dynamic Los Angeles indie rock band made up of Peter Anthony and Madelynn Elyse return to Music Friday with their new EP, Oceansongs. Peter and Madelynn combine luminous songwriting with effortlessly eccentric sound characterized by intricate harmonies in an electrifying atmospheric style. The result is a unique collection of diverse, energetic, pop-infused melodies. They released their newest EP, OceanSongs following the success of their debut offering, The Moon & It’s Secrets, which we previewed on Music Friday, and we are delighted to have them back again.
Justin Dzuban, makes great music!. He is no stranger to unique and classic pop and rock styles and his influences range from Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones to Johnny Cash and Bing Crosby. His style of embracing his natural tones and influences has developed his New/ Old sound of Rock and Country kicked up a notch by his baritone voice.He combines these varied music passions into an original yet familiar sound of Americana and Classic Rock influences on his second album, “Shakedown,” due out next month, and we get a preview!.
Doña Oxford, the "Queen of Boogie Woogie" will drop in for a minutes to preview her upcoming birthday bash show at Brennan's in Los Angeles.
Every Friday evening at 9pm est. Jan Eberle's Swing Museum.
The Swing Museum with Jan Eberle celebrates the very best of Big Band, Standards and Jazz. As a "second generation-er" and performer (daughter of big band singing balladeer, Ray Eberle and niece of baritone crooner, Bob Eberly), I've been blessed with a unique understanding and incredible passion for this Era. One of the things I enjoy most about this show is bringing snippets of history and rare tidbits about the artists and music... some personal.
You could say musician, author, lecturer, actor and race relations expert, Daryl Davis plays with fire, and that's more fact than fiction! As a musician, Daryl lights up the crowd with burnin' Boogie-Woogie piano. As an author, Daryl's nonfiction book, Klan-Destine Relationships, provides a thrilling, first-person account of a Black man's journey into mindset of the Ku Klux Klan.
Daryl can be seen on the big and small screens or at a music venue, theatre or lecture hall near you. And whether rockin' out, acting or speaking, he never fails to entertain, enlighten and inform. See the Musician Schedule for shows with Daryl and his band, the Lecture Schedule for speaking engagements, and the Special Events Schedule for info on other events and news.
Doña Oxford is an extraordinary soul, R&B and boogie woogie singer/songwriter and keyboardist who’s old school soul vocals and high octane keyboard piano create music that crowds of all ages go wild for. She puts on red hot live shows - many have called them “Gladys Knight meets the Rolling Stones” concerts. Doña has played with legends including Keith Richards, Bob Weir, Levon Helm, Albert Lee, Buddy Guy, Shemekia Copeland and Johnnie Johnson, and played keyboard for Van Morrison in his latest studio recording. Labeled the ‘Goddess of Soul’, Doña toured her sassy, soulful 6-piece band throughout the world while recording four fast selling albums. She joins us on Musiic Friday Live! at 2:05 pm ET.
Fourth generation Californian Corinne West, described as "the Siren of the Sierras" brings a powerful and eloquent voice coupled with finely crafted song to the global acoustic roots music scene. At 15, she left home with guitar in hand to travel America in a converted school bus, sang in an edgy rock-n-roll band, studied theatre, restored bi-plane wings, built custom curved walls as a river rock mason and opened a fine art business in glass and metal with a blacksmith in the High Sierras. All of that informs her elegant new sexy acoustic jazz-rock-folk, "west-coast acoustic soul" sound. Her newest album, The Promise is a collaboration with Pam Delgado and Jeri Jones of Blame Sally and is a soaring triumph. She joins us at 2:30 pm ET.
Forrest McDonald was seven years old when he first heard blues man Josh White perform and as he puts it, “I was hooked!”
In the summer of 1964 he hitchhiked to NYC where he met and was influenced by Muddy Waters.
From there, it just kept happening for Forrest and now, he has released his 12th album “Turnaround Blues” and he will join me to talk more about this incredible journey.
David Vest is called a fabulous, foot-stompin’ roots-rocker and boogie-woogie piano player.
He has played with Big Joe Turner and Hubert Sumlin to name two and he wrote the first songs recorded by Tammy Wynette
His new album is entitled “Roadhouse Revelation” and we will talk about the road he has traveled including winning a Maple Blues Award
Anthony Rosano and The Conqueroos are out of Norfolk, VA and have made it to the semi-finals of the International Blues Challenge twice since forming in 2012.
Their new album “Get Rood” debuted earlier this summer and I will talk with Anthony about his career up until this point and where he is heading.
Though a mix-up of my own doing, Robin Banks did not appear on this show, but will be on the September, 22nd show...Sorry Robin!
“Musicians You Should Know”
Over the weekend several NFL teams named their game 1 starting qb and some teams were hit by the sniper. The USA Basketball team meade their final cuts as well. Come get n the asylum with the ya host El-Boogie and super producer/co-host T.Ro. Tell a friend, to tell a friend, to tell a whole bunch of girlfriends.
Join Amy (@AmyVRO) and Lucia (@HeroineTV) as they discuss the last two episodes of Witches of East End, on Sunday, August 24 at 2:30pm ET. First, in “Boogie Nights,” Freya relived one of her past lives with Killian. We were treated to a 70s flashback, complete with dance club costumes, crazy mustaches, and magical cocaine! Meanwhile, Dash got in too deep with spellwork again, while Ingrid continued to suffer under the thrall of that weird tentacled monster, aka the Mandragora. Joanna and Wendy worked on getting red of the Manwhatever, but would they be too late?
We finally got our answer in “When a Mandragora Loves a Woman,” in which we saw the culmination of the Ingrid/Mandragora storyline. Ingrid was saved (yay!), but it looks like her brother and grandfather are still a threat (uh oh!). Also, RIP, Hudson. We hardly knew ya.
BACK TO THE ROOTS---MENTO Blueuebeat: FROM MENTO TO REAAGE
The Jamaican sound system of the inner-city has become the disco of uptown, at home and abroad, engineering a trans-formation through popular music with a social message.
The development of dubbing and dee-jaying in Jamaica spawned the most compelling popular music in America today, rap and hip hop.
Jamaican music has had a greater global impact than the music of any other country proportionate to size. This is a proud record of worldwide achievement.
Boogie, rock, rhythm and blues,Ska,boogie, rock, rhythm and blues,Reggae,Dub / Dee - Jay,DancehallAfter World War II, in the late 1940s, Jamaicans had few choices available to them for hearing recorded music. There was a part-time radio station with a call sign ZQI. It operated for a short period only each day to broadcast the news. Some music was played.
Sound-system dances occurred for the first time. Sound systems were sets with overpowering amplifiers, huge speaker boxes and a turntable. The systems played at dances in inner-city yards, meeting halls and street corners;
In one of the most important scientific breakthroughs of the century, the transistor was developed to replace bulky inefficient vacuum tubes.This electronically reproduced the music. The result was a pocket sized transistor radio which became available for play at home, at work and in between.
ZQI was replaced by a fully established radio station, Radio Jamaica and Redifusion (RJR). Redifusion was a cable network of speaker boxes for homes or offices through which music was piped by cable from RJR at affordable rates
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (80 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (43 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- The Portal (25 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- The Rebecca Juro Show (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- MMA Jam (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Living Astrology (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (3 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (3 chatters)
- Random Rants (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- Trek Talking (3 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Keys107 (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- Move to Amend (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- CAA Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Tarhaka (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- YBP (1 chatters)