SORT BY Relevancy
Bluegrass is known for not being the most sophisticated form of music. People think it is all hillbillies and hay bales, which may be true at some points. But, the majority of bluegrass has a unique sound, different than any other genre. It is not country nor folk. Bluegrass is bluegrass. It's instruments, in a typical band, include a violin (fiddle), an upright bass, a banjo, a guitar and a mandolin. But how did bluegrass start? Well, listen to find out.
WILDFIRE was formed in 2000 and quickly became one of the most talked about groups in the bluegrass music industry. The band has many years of musical and performance experience, with Robert Hale on lead vocals and guitar, Curt Chapman on bass, and Johnny Lewis on banjo. Newest band members include established mandolin player and vocalist, Chris Davis along with accomplished fiddle player and vocalist, Greg Luck. By mixing their original songs and telling ballads, their complete dedication and love for their music, and their artistic spontaneity, Wildfire takes listeners on a journey that will spur emotion and excitement. They promise a powerful show that will please everyone from traditional bluegrass lovers to the contemporary young fans of today.
Bluegrass crowd-pleasers, Carolina Road recently released their self-titled cd, Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road, their highly anticipated album with Pinecastle Records. Their previous release, Back To My Roots, achieved commercial and critical success, charting on Bluegrass Music Profiles TOP 30 SINGLES, and TOP 10 ALBUM Chart and reaching #1 on the Bluegrass Unlimited Charts.
The band’s distinct sound and old time flair can be attributed to the bluegrass-rich area of North Carolina from which they hail and borrow their name. As the founding member and band leader for Carolina Road, Lorraine Jordan’s showmanship and chemistry with the audience makes the group one of the most popular bands among bluegrass fans today. Lorraine, who has garnered two IBMA Awards, has fronted Carolina Road for over a decade and has eleven national recordings to her credit. The band has earned a reputation as one of the hardest working bands in bluegrass. Carolina Road plays worldwide and headlines two National Blue Grass festivals, Christmas in the Smokies and Cherokee. They have hosted the Canadian Bluegrass Awards, toured Europe and played twelve Blue Grass cruises. Carolina Road’s performance is a traditional sound with a fresh approach which includes invigorating instrumentals, smooth blending vocals, and all the energy that you can stand.
Howcee Productions Gospel "Bringing Families Communities and Churches Together" Music gospel music. What is gospel music? What is the common factor in all gospel music? that is sang played written regardless of what genre. The answer God (The Father) The Son (Jesus) The Spirit (Holy Spirit The Holy Ghost The Comforter) We play all style of music in one place. We will cover all elements of the human being. We will minister to the whole man. Come join us. In "Bringing Families communities and Churches Together" read more
The Best In Bluegrass Gospel Music, the songs of faith and belief. From the somber messages,to the toe tapping, hand clapping upbeat songs,Bluegrass Gosple says it all
An original music venue ringing from the hills & Hollers to the church podium, to concert halls, this music is Amercian as Apple Pie and just as good.
Bluegrass Gospel Music, from the hill & hollers, church,college campus, concert hall, this is amercian music in it true form, heart felt harmony, and close instrumentals make this toe tapping, hand clapping music a time to enjoy and sing along
PRAY FOR AMERICA, PRAY FOR ISRAEL,PRAY FOR OUR MILITARY,POLICE OFFICER'S & THE LOST.
The Best in Bluegrass Gospel Music & Artist,we feature the old & the new, leave a spot for any local singers of Bluegrass Gospel. We have live interviews from time to time with the great and one's jut starting out. Our guest Artist Today is:Max Wiseman
PRAY FOR AMERICA,PRAY FOR ISRAEL, PRAY FOR OUR MILITARY, OUR POLICE OFFICER'S,AND THE LOST.
Bluegrass Gospel Music, that ill make you clap your hands and sing along. Songs that bless the heart and uplift the spirit, songs of faith and trust in the Lord, songs about life.
The high lonsome & joyful sounds of Bluegrass that ring from the Hills & Hollow of the south to the concert halls around the world, Bluegrass Gospel is a sound all it's own
PRAY FOR AMERICA, PRAY FOR ISRAEL
John Mailander, Progressive Bluegrass
Pop Roxx Radio,
Featuring Interesting People doing Interesting Things
Hosted by Pop Artist Jamie Roxx
Tonight's Featured Guest: John Mailander
John grew up playing bluegrass fiddle in California, graduated from the Berklee College of Music last spring, and is currently living in Boston. His time here in Boston has been incredibly influential to him as a musician. He has met and played with so many amazing musicians, and have been exposed to many new and different styles of music as well.This album will be a culmination of what he has learned over the past 5 years in Boston. He would like this recording to be a celebration of his time there and the friends he has made. He can't wait to share the music with you all!
Peter Nye joins Mary E., for this lively discussion about the roots of Bluegrass music, and Peter's role in preserving live music as a cultural norm.
Peter Nye is a singer song writer and founder of The Chicago Bluegrass Band. A multi-instrumentalist playing guitar, banjo and bass, Pete has toured Scandinavia, the EU and the US. His musical style is varied and includes: Celtic, C&W, Jazz, Blues and Rock. He is described as simply a bold man on stage, a fantabulous flat picker and lead singer with a gritty music sensibility honed by years of playing country music roadhouses.As a veteran performer with over thirty years on the Midwest music scene, Pete delivers a powerful vocal performance complimented by sizzling flat-picked leads and rock-solid rhythm work. Peter began cultivating his musical skills at the age of 13 playing the local Honky-tonks around Chicago.
Folks ask; "Where do you play?"...well, they've played a variety of venues, from a Sauna Festival in Finland to the Indiana State Penitentiary, and most everything in between.
- 2005 INDIANA STATE CHAMPION BLUEGRASS BAND
CBB, indi release "STEELRAILS IN THE TENNESSEE NIGHT" - 1999
CBB, Indi release"THE LAST GOODBYE" - 2005
Chicago Magazine described Peter Nye & The Chicago Bluegrass Band simply: “Hot as Hell!!”
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Annahilation (49 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (41 chatters)
- Hunger Games Fireside Chat (33 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (24 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (10 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (10 chatters)
- Universal Radio (10 chatters)
- RRS Radio (9 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (9 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Own Your Career (7 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (5 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- POET UNPLUGGED (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Life and Party Times (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Soulistic0 (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- Prophet Kyle T Miller (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- FrmHsPerspectiv (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Bully Block Radio Network (1 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (1 chatters)
- Hussle Made Muzik (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)