SORT BY Relevancy
This Blackout Monday episode of Urban Annapolis Magazine Radio will focus on the importance of small businesses in our community. Well will discuss economics and how they play a role in our day to day lives, politics, school systems and how we treat one another.
Remember Black Wall Street? We will discuss the history of Black Wall Street, what is was, why it was destroyed and the psychological impact that came with it's destruction.
In the City of Annapolis not only is there a concern for Black-owned small businesses but small businesses in general are struggling and with no real help in sight. The less than 3 year old Annapolis Economic Development Corp. has dissolved and the city's new SMBE Coordinatior doesn't seem to know how to reach out to local businesses let alone help them. We will discuss how to help them grow and thrive.
Why Blackout Monday? Because business that do not value and respect you don't deserve your money!
Our special guests for this episode will be Ruby Singleton-Blakeney, former Annapolis Director of Small and Minority Businesses and of course our incredible #TeamUAM guests.
Other topics include:
"Black Wall Street" or "Little Africa" in Tuslaand it's destruction in 1921 in Tulsa, Oklahoma
"Black Wall Street" Parrish Street
Join Host Live Chats
- Diva Taunia (9 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- PSH Radio Show (8 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (8 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (6 chatters)
- Dr Loren and Seer Arjeana (5 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- Chicken Whisperer (5 chatters)
- simonapple04 (4 chatters)
- MRTALK (4 chatters)
- The Final Say (3 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- 3WM Radio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- BonnieGroessl (1 chatters)
- Purpose Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Terry Konig (1 chatters)