SORT BY Relevancy
On the next Pelvic Messenger, Diane Lee will discuss the forces that affect the pelvic floor and how to maintain pelvic floor health!
Diane Lee has been practicing physical therapy for almost 40 years, and she is the owner and senior Therapist at Diane Lee and Associates. Diane is a member of the Canadian Physiotherapist Association since 1976, and she is a fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy (FCAMPT) since 1981. In addition, she created the Com-pressor, a unique, patented sacroiliac support belt as well as the newly released Baby Belly Belt, a specialized pelvic support with broader applications
Diane is internationally recognized as an expert in the field of thoracic, lumbar, sacroiliac, and pelvic disability and pain. The fourth and latest edition of her popular book, The Pelvic Girdle, serves as a crucial guide for many practitioners. The theory behind The Integrated Systems Model for Disability & Pain, an approach co-developed with L-J Lee, is an evidence based whole body/person approach to help optimize function and performance. This approach considers regional alignment, biomechanics and control during meaningful task analysis and determines something called the ‘primary driver’ when there are multiple sites failing to transfer load well during the task being analysed. The primary driver is the area of the body that when treated will have the biggest impact on function and performance of the rest of the body. Diane treats, teaches, writes, and creates. Her enormous contributions to the world of pelvic floor physical therapy are recognized and appreciated.
in Self Help
You can’t Fly a Jet Without Taking Lessons… or Play Golf Without Knowing How
Thursday June 12, 2014 @ 1 pm IT’S ALMOST FATHER’S DAY!!!
Healthy Mind & Body radio is happy to have Dr. Mark Mohnac, Chiropractor, Titleist® Certified Golf Doctor (TPI Certification is a multi-level, multi-track certification program designed to improve the overall knowledge base of any professional that works with golfers (golf professionals, medical professionals, fitness professionals and biomechanics professionals).
I’ve known Mark Mohnac (Dr Mo) for years and I would recommend him to anyone for pain resolution, training, nutrition and of course, your favorite and mine, GOLF. We’re going to talk golf posture, alignment, nutrition, mental training and all the stuff that has nothing to do with being out there in the grass.
Dr. Mo is a licensed Chiropractor serving the DFW community. As a Chiropractor with experience, Dr. Mohnac is committed to promoting optimal health and well being of patients.
Dr. Mo uses a "whole person approach". This means looking for underlying causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments that would optimize the conditions for normal function and accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health.
Website - http://mohnac.com/
Titleist Website - http://email@example.com
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mohnac-Mark-DC/166765966668557
This week Hank and Nash discuss the delightful Swiss Surrealist, Hans Rudolf "H.R" Giger. The dearly departed leaves behind a magnificient legacy, specializing in morbid fantasy, biomechanical bizzarities and a rather macarbe look at the bleak industrialized future, H.R Giger shall stand permanently as an icon of the strange.
Every Runner should listen to this interview with Jay Dicharry MPT, CSCS, and Director of The REP Biomechanics Lab in Bend Oregon. Richard Diaz and Jay discuss what Running Shoes can’t do for you and what you need to do to avoid injury and perform optimally.
Jay is the author of Anatomy for Runners and one of the most knowledgeable clinicians of biomechanics in the running industry today. Learn what not to expect your running shoes to be able to do for you and what you should be doing to become a stronger more efficient runner. This is a conversation that is long overdue!
Sport Kinesiologist Angel Borrelli and baseball coach/blogger Joe Janish follow up on Episode #6 and further discuss the change-up and how it can be both dangerous and safe to throw. Related to the same topic, Joe and Angel cover the subject of whether a pre-teen ballplayer with small hands should use a two-finger or three-finger grip when throwing a baseball. Also, Angel describes the difference between what a biomechanist does, in contrast to what a kinesiologist does, when it comes to analyzing and correcting pitching mechanics. Finally, Angel explains how pitchers can prevent elbow injuries, and offers her theory as to why UCL injuries and Tommy John surgeries have become an epidemic -- and guess what? it has NOTHING to do with pitch counts.
Introduction to Midwest Natural Healing for Animals, The Amassage Method for Complete Body Balancing.
What we offer at MNHA
Courses Available, Instructors and their background, why MNHA is different from other Equine Massage Schools
Also I will be interviewing people to give you information for your horses for farrier, dentistry, chiro, nutrition, essential oils, massage, rehab, etc.
CERTIFICATION AS A CESMT Level 1 ($1175)
The Amassage Method and Biomechanics Level 1
Levels 1-3 (2 & 3 $1000)
4 Day Equine Massage Class including Biomechanics/Saddle fit/Building a Topline/Under Saddle Therapy
Correspondence Course (Home Study) $750
Split Weekend Class (by special request only, must have at least 4 students to schedule)
DVD for Basic Equine Massage ($40 + $5 s&h)
Easy Payment plans with no credit Check
Gift Certificates for Birthdays, Christmas, etc.***
Internet Coaching-help with riding, rebuilding atrophied muscles
REhab for EPM, Cold/swayback horses, Arthritis (also available in Internet coaching)
Rehab at my Facility
Continuous Mentoring after the Class
Feel-based or Science-based golf? There are sciences around golf swing/exercise, such as kinesiology, biomechanics, physics, or even anatomy. If you understand those sciences, will you lower your score?
When you take a lesson how do you like to be taught? Are you into ridged swing structure and thoughts or are you a "go with the flow" type of player. When you look for a pro to give you lessons do you shop around for one that teaches one way or thr other.
Join the guys as they dicuss these ideas on tonight's show.
Integrative medicine is more than a buzz word, it's an approach to western medicine that works best for the patient. However, many people are still in the dark with regard to "how" it works. Join me to hear how Dr. Jim Forleo, a leading chiropractic doctor with more than 30 years of clinic experience in chiropractic, spinal biomechanics, applied kinesiology, clinical nutrition and cranial osteopathy uses integrative medicine for a patient's best outcome.
Dr. Forleo, the author of Health is Simple, Disease is Complicated encourages his patients as well as his readers to trust the wisdom of their inner intelligence and design their own personalized program for vibrant health and self-healing. Dr. Forleo’s systems approach to health, which he uses in his practice, walks readers through the basic design and function of each major system of the body and offers practices to optimize their performance. His simple tips on diet, exercise, and lifestyle—including the dimensions of mind and spirit—only take a few minutes a day but can radically improve health and well-being.
DeVere Keen Gamble and Jules Harris, two members of Dr. Forleo's integrative team will join the conversation.
DeVere Keen Gamble specializes in cranio-sacral therapy, lymphatic drainage, neuromuscular therapy, and prenatal massage. Her unique approach to the body facilitates optimal vitality, balance, and wellness.
Jules Harris is a Certified Advanced Rolfer™, Rolf Movement® Practitioner, and Board Certified Structural Integrator. Her system of bodywork and movement education helps increase adaptive capacity and align the body in gravity.
Dr. Duma and Stephen will be covering the history of concussion and sport over the last 60 years. The challenges that lie ahead for the governing bodies, sports organizations, manufacturers, and the athletes who participate. Lastly, Dr. Duma will be covering decisions that can be made based on the current information and research.
For more information on the show, click here.
About Dr. Stefan Duma:
Stefan Duma, professor and head of the Department of Biomedical Engineering in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech, was recently named the Harry Wyatt Professor in Engineering. "Dr. Duma is internationally recognized for his landmark studies in injury biomechanics and traumatic brain injury," said Clay Gabler, chair of the honorifics committee of the Virginia Tech -- Wake Forest University School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences.
Dr. John Bergman was launched into chiropractic care by a devastating car accidenthat nealry ended his life. at the age of 30. He was hit by a speeding car that left him with two fractured legs, a fractured skull and chest , bruised liver and heart.After 4 knee surgeries and mulitple medications Dr. Bergman knew that surgeries and drugs were not the answer regaining his personal health.
Dr Bergman began the quest to find a vitalistic health model to regain his own health. He became and instructoer in anatomy and physiology biomechanics and multiple chiropractic techniques.
Please join us for a fastinating interview. We are primarily speaking on blood, blood characterisitcis and high blood pressure.
Joyce and Mike speak with Dr. Hermano Igo Krebs of MIT's Newman Lab for Biomechanics and Human Rehabilitation. His group is inventing robots -- machines to assist patients with rehabilitation from brain injury - from stroke to cerebral palsy to accidents and surgery. Dr. Krebs describes his research best:
"Underlying my research is one overarching goal: to revolutionize the practice of rehabilitation medicine by applying robotics and information technology that can assist, enhance, and quantify rehabilitation -- particularly neuro-rehabilitation. Unlike the efforts of predecessors who used robotics as an assistive technology for the disabled, my approach uses robots and computers to support and enhance the clinicians' productivity as they facilitate a disabled individual's functional recovery.
"The embodiment of this goal is a new class of interactive, clinical devices. Robotics and information technology can provide an overdue transformation of rehabilitation clinics from primitive manual operations to more technology-rich operations.
"Robot-aids not only are more efficient in delivering certain routine physical and occupational therapy activities, but also provide a rich stream of data that assists in patient diagnosis, customization of the therapy, and maintenance of patient records (at the clinic and at home). Our research group pioneered the use of robots in three distinct areas, and since then has energetically promoted the concept (for more detail check <a href="http://newmanlab.mit.edu/#The%20Newman%20Lab" title="MIT Newman Lab for Biomechanics and Human Rehabilitation">http://newmanlab.mit.edu/#The%20Newman%20Lab</a>
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (150 chatters)
- John Baptist (99 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (64 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (29 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (27 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- RCRadio (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (14 chatters)
- DDP Radio (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (13 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (10 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- David and Wes (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- EBN Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WGUM Glory United Ministries (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (0 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (0 chatters)
- RLwRT (0 chatters)