SORT BY Relevancy
What are we to make of this negotiated exchange with the terrorists? How are Americans going to respond once Bergdahl is on American soil? What happened the night he disappeared into the night without his weapon? Why didn't President Obama go to Congress with this 30 days ago? How much more can we take?
The fury over the exchange is rising as more information comes out. Most of which is coming from the ranks of our military and veterans. Are we surrendering our values and principles for the life of 1 man and placing the World at risk with these 5 released terrorists? Here is a breakdown of the 5 most dangerous at Gitmo:
Abdul Haq Wasiq - Taliban deputy minister of intelligence
Mullah Norullah Nori - Senior Taliban commander in the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif who commanded insurgents fighting U.S. forces in late 2001
Khairullah Khairkhwa - Senior Taliban official believed to have ties to Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar, the Taliban's founder
Mohammed Nabi - A regional Chief of Security for the Taliban and eventual radio operator
Mohammed Fazl - Believed to have overseen the mass extermination of Shiite Muslims during the 2000 - 2001 war that saw the Taliban rise to power in Afghanistan.
And of the Soldier:
Bowe Robert Bergdahl - Sgt in the United States Army assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, based at Fort Richardson, Alaska. Age 28 from Sun Valley Idaho, held captive in Pakistan for 5 years by the Taliban. Accussed of abandoning his post and weapon in Afghanistan, making him a desertor.
Bowe Robert Bergdahl is a United States Army soldier who was held captive by the Taliban-aligned Haqqani network in Afghanistan.
Bowe Robert Bergdahl was born in Sun Valley, Idaho, on March 28th, 1986 – the same day as Lady Gaga, as his parents like to point out
At 20, Bowe in search of the kind of boy's adventure decided to join the French Foreign Legion, but his application was rejected.
Spring 2008 joined army
May 23rd, 2009. What started as an eight-hour mission, ended up taking five days.
In early June, 2009 after photographs taken by Sean Smith appeared in The Guardian, Bowe's unit got reamed out by its commander for its lack of discipline. Bowe's squad leader, Sgt. Greg Leatherman, was demoted, and two other sergeants in the squad were reassigned.
June 25th, 2009 - Bowe's battalion suffered its first casualty of the deployment. A popular officer, 1st Lt. Brian Bradshaw, was killed in a blast from a roadside bomb near the village of Yaya Kheyl, not far from the outpost. Though Bradshaw was in a different company, the 24-year-old's death rocked the unit, shattering the sense of invulnerability that accompanies those who have just arrived in country. Bowe's father believes that Bradshaw and Bowe had grown close at the National Training Center, and his death darkened his son's mood.
June 27th,2009 he sent what would be his final e-mail to his parents. It was a lengthy message documenting his complete disillusionment with the war effort.
early-morning hours of June 30th, 2009 He gathered up water, a knife, his digital camera and his diary. Then he slipped off the outpost.
On 10:30 a.m. (EDT) May 31, 2014, Bergdahl was handed over by 18 Taliban members to a special operations team in eastern Afghanistan, near Khost on the Pakistani border, in what was described as a "peaceful handover".
The RINO Hour of Power is back with brand new episodes. This week, Doug Mataconis of Outside the Beltway will be on live to brief us about the latest in politics.
And making a return appearance on the show will be noted historian Ron Radosh who will discuss the Bergdahl matter in all its permutations.
The show streams live from 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Eastern time. A podcast will be available shortly after the end of the show.
Tonight, The Vito and Vito Show talk about the Sgt. Bergdahl Deal:
What happened? Why this deal? Was the best the President could do? Is the U.S. less safe because of this? Could the President be impeached?
Questions have risen, and we have some answers! Find out what Vito and Vito have to say about this, tonight.
Also, the Senate passed a bi-partisan solution to fixing the VA. The McCain-Sanders bill would give veterans a voucher which would allow them to seek out private care. Find out what the Vitos think of this two-year solution and if this "test" will serve as a template for Medicare, Medicaid and the VA as a hole.
Let’s discuss the Bowe Bergdahl story. He is the young soldier released by the Taliban in exchange for 5 prisoners at Gitmo.
There is some evidence that Bergdahl deserted after being upset with US military operations. That has led to a lot of controversy. And it has split the country.
Here’s my take.
First, read two good articles. The first is a New York Times piece out today examining if Bergdahl’s walking away or his abduction led to the 6 deaths of fellow soldiers. In short, the Times says as in war details are murky. So blaming Bergdahl for those deaths is a bit of stretch.
The second piece was written in May of 2012 by Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone. Hastings is the journalist who died in a car crash last year after his expose in Rolling Stone brought down General Stanley McCrystal. Hastings profile of Bergdahl is very revealing. It is worth the read to understand the psyche of this 20-something we sent off to the horrors of war.
The other half of us don’t want those years of fighting terrorists over there to go to waste. There is still the fear of the Taliban controlling Afghanistan again and maybe the nuclear weapons of Pakistan.
And again, I am siding with the President here. We need to keep some troops and advisers in that region – just for that reason. Granted, Obama may be playing both sides here – getting us out of combat but keeping our presence there.
The Bergdahl story is going to get bigger. It is also going to cause a lot of anger and emotion. Work to defuse that while understanding the feelings on both sides. However, let’s all wait for the facts.
Michael will not only speak out on this Bergdahl mess that sent 5 dangerous terrorists out of Guantanamo Bay, but he will also dive into the problems he have with Americans.....both from the left AND the right! This is definitely a passionate & powerful episode!
If you miss the live show and have questions or comments, send them to email@example.com Archived episodes are always available to listen to. Just click the links of the episodes and enjoy! Please press "follow" and support this show here on Blog Talk Radio. And be sure to catch this same show every Tuesday through Saturday nights at 8pm eastern on http://www.smacktongue.com/! Also, please show your support by following Team L.I.O.N.'s social media pages.
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/teamLIONshow (Main Page) & http://www.twitter.com/likeitornotmike (Political Page)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/likeitornotmike (Main Page) & http://www.youtube.com/likeitornotpolitics1 (Political Page)
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* A councilman in Virginia prays in Jesus’ Name after being banned for years.
* The Supreme Court rules 9-0 that a UN treaty is not binding on American citizens.
* Was Sgt. Bergdahl a deserter and why did Obama trade 5 terrorists?
The crown prince of the United States Barack Obama without the approval of the Royal courts [Congress] negotiated and traded US Army Sergeant Bergdahl in exchange for five high-ranking Taliban terrorists from the Guantanamo bay.
Prince Obama stated in a news conference that Bergdahl would've been killed if Congress has been told [because they are such loudmouths] so therefore it could not give Congress the traditional [mandated by law] 30 day notice.
[Good thing we have the Prince to watch out for rest of us]
Prince Obama offers no apologies and is not surprised at all about the controversies surrounding the trade.
"The American people understand this is somebody's child in that we don't condition whether or not we make the effort to get someone back." – Obama
in other non-related stories…
Obama feels that 60,000 illegal immigrant children who cross the border by themselves this year is a crisis and we should support them.
Please join Robin and Clif this Saturday 4 PM Pacific time for these and other stories.
Call at 646-721-9887 emails go to talk@KRBNradio.com
Barack Obama and Susan Rice seem to think that the crime of desertion in wartime is kind of like skipping class; Emptying Gitmo is the White House's true objective; Why so many soldiers are angry at the Bergdahl deal; Eight, not six, American troops died as a direct result of Bergdahl's desertion; and, oh, by the way, the Obamagon never considered Bergdahl a POW; Guess who else are now climate change-deniers, and the one and only true justification for O's EPA power grab?; and California’s once-exemplary legislature now manages to be both trivial and destructive.
Edward Snowden and Bowe Bergdahl are Heroes in some circles and Traitors in others. We all know that Southerns have an opinion on everything chime in with my guest co-host Jim Peterson, Partner at Advantage Tactical Solutions LLC. It promises to be a lively discussion for sure!!!
Was this negotiating with terrorists? Is it ok to exchange "known" terrorits for a US solider that deserted his unit? Who gave the go ahead on the exchange? These are the questions we will be asking tonight on the Current Issues Show. Get the inside scoop on the exchange that took place and the discussion that followed. Who is Bowe Bergdahl and more importanly what did the US give up to get him back?
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (60 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (59 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (48 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (19 chatters)
- The Portal (17 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (16 chatters)
- SHRAonair (13 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (12 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (9 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (9 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (5 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- PASOS (4 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (4 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (3 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- TimBinnall (3 chatters)
- The Grace View (3 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)