SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight we talk about Rick Perry's indictment for abuse of power filed by the liberal Texans for Public Justice. Rosemary Lehmberg, the district attorney of Travis County, was arrested for drunk driving and sentenced to 45 days in jail. Perry threatened the use of his line-item veto to remove the PIU’s state funding unless Ms Lehmberg stepped down. She didn't and he did. Was it an abuse of power?
Tonight on Bead Window Radio we talk about "The Real State of the Economy." Burger King is in talks to aquire Canadian Coffee giant Tim Horton's for $11Billion and possibly moving their corporate headquaerters to Ontario, Canada. Corporate inversion is a re-incorporation of a company overseas in order to reduce the tax burden. Is this practice unpatriotic?
Also we'll discuss US corporate tax rates and the global competition for US businesses.
Tonight we begin the first of our new recurring series with our special guest George McNaughton. We call it "Clandestine Propositions™." For our first episode we'll be talking about the Trilateral Commission and the New World Order.
Our guest on Metalsmith Benchtalk on Thursday, August 28th, 2014 at 3:00 PST/6:00/ EST is Jane Groover, jewelry designer, metalsmith and co-owner of the Taboo Studios in San Diego, CA. We are excited to discuss Taboo Studio's August exhibition, Jewelry From Down Under, featuring various Austrailan artists.
About Jane Groover - Jane Groover and Joanna Rhoades met in graduate school and continue to have a love for handmade jewelry and fabulous gemstones. They have been designing jewelry for 40 years and have won awards and exhibited their jewelry throughout the United States. Taboo Studio is owned by jewelers Jane Groover and Joanna Rhoades, former graduates of the San Diego State University jewelry and metals program. Taboo shows four special exhibitions of new jewelry each year and welcomes custom work and redesigning of old jewelry.
TABOO STUDIO PRESENTS: JEWELRY FROM DOWN UNDER
Our August exhibition, Down Under, is a group show of work by jewelers living and working in Australia. This unique collection includes jewelry made with carved wood, enamel, ceramic, beach rocks, plastic laminate, pearls, glass beads, sterling silver, brass, and steel.
Former San Diegan, Eugenie Keefer Bell has lived and worked in Australia since 1981. Her piece, "Edge of Winter", based on her photographs of winter landscapes in Finland, is featured on our invitation.
Jewelry from Taboo Studio is a personal, one-of-a-kind gift that endures. A selection can be made from an ever-evolving inventory of artists, or a custom piece may be designed using your stones or gems from the gallery's collection.
Opening Friday, August 29, the show runs through October 10. Please join us for a glass of wine, and the opportunity to view a unique collection of handmade jewelry by these distinguished artists.
OPENING RECEPTION – Friday, August 29, 2014 6-8 pm
Clandestine Propositions w/ George McNaughton
Tonight we talk about, "What Canada Doesn't Know." What American communications reaches our neighbors to the north, and what doesn't.
Tonight we are getting back into two subjects covered last week, ISIS and their recruiting efforts in Ferguson. We'll also talk about the American Journalist, James Foley, beheading at the hands of ISIS. What are we doing about this threat?
Our guest on Thursday, August 14th at 3:00 pm PST on Metalsmith Benchtalk is Cat Bates!
Participate by joining us in the chatroom!
Cat spent his early childhood, and summers through grade school, on Monhegan Island off of the Maine coast. He remains strongly influenced by the island's nautical history, rugged landscape, and the resourcefulness and hard work that one needs to live there year-round.
He began studying metalsmithing 14 years ago. He started working as a professional jeweler in 2004, and graduated from Maine College of Art in 2009 with a BFA in Metalsmithing and Jewelry Design. He have received scholarships to study at Penland School of Crafts, Peters Valley, and Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, and has tught workshops on basic metalsmithing, sand casting, and decorative sailor knotting. In 2012 he produced his first line of production jewelry, under the title Barbarian Enterprises.
He employs a variety of techniques in the design and manufacture of his work, from sand casting to sailor knotting, 3-d modeling to forging.He utilizes the skills of other professionals when economically and/or conceptually appropriate, and in these instances give credit in the product description.He believes that the method used to produce a piece of jewelry (or any object) resonates within it, even if it is not obvious to a casual observer.
For more information about Cat Bates, visit his website: http://www.cat-bates.com/gallery/
and follow him on social media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/barbarianent
Our guest on Thursday July 31st at 3:00 Pacifice Time/6:00 Eastern is Christine Huber, New York Artisan Jewelry Designer and world traveler. Join us as we interview Christine and ask her about her drafting process, her collaboration with Yael Designs and the Novelique Bridal Collection, her own line of jewelry and relationship with Hatch Jewelry, and her studio in the East Village, as well as her worldwide travels and how they inspired her.
To ask Christine a question during our live interview, please join us in the chatroom or send us a message on the Whaley Studios' Facebook Page.
About Christine Huber
Christine Huber is a Graduate Gemologist and jewelry designer known for her artisanal style and high quality. Huber has done benchwork for Alex Sepkus, jewelry design and gemology with Julius Cohen Jeweler and designed elaborate collections for Etienne Aigner. Inspired by art, ceramics and architecture, Huber creates pieces that are beautiful, meaningful and fun to wear. She currently lives and works in New York City, designing heirloom quality jewelry.
"I believe that jewelry should come from inspiration, and be inspirational. I create pieces that are beautiful, meaningful and fun to wear. With over 15 years experience in the Jewelry industry, I've learned what it takes to make heirloom quality jewelry here in NYC. I design and draw out each item, then carve it out from wax or pierce it from metal to cast it. "
For more information about Christine, visit her website: http://christinehuberdesign.com/
and read a Hatch Jewelry Interview here: https://jewelry.hatchhub.com/article/fifth-avenue-outer-mongolia-and-back-christine-huber%E2%80%99s-design-journey
in Self Help
How does a master creativity coach help his creative and performing artist clients from around the world meet their challenges and realize their dreams? Now you can hear for yourself!
Join host Kelly Galea and guest Eric Maisel, America's foremost creativity coach, for this episode as we talk about Eric's book Secrets of a Creativity Coach (Motivational Press, January 2014), where he shares his work with 25 creative and performing artists. These aren’t vignettes, case studies, or summaries: these are the actual interactions between coach and client. Nothing is made up. Nothing is left out. You get the whole unvarnished experience!
For the first time, you get to see how coaching works and why coaching works. Haven’t you wondered what a coach says and does? Why one strategy works and another doesn’t? How coaching is different from therapy? How a coach picks a path to pursue out of the mass of information his client presents? Now you can!
Get a taste of Dr. Maisel's work with jazz singers, clowns, erotic novelists, singer/songwriters, portrait painters, jewelry makers, and artists from every corner of the globe.
The author of more than 40 books, including 20 books for creative and performing artists, Dr. Maisel founded the profession of creativity coaching, trains creativity coaches national and internationally, and provides core trainings for the Creativity Coaching Association. His titles include Fearless Creating, Coaching the Artist Within, Making Your Creative Mark, Creative Recovery, and A Writer’s Paris. Dr. Maisel writes a monthly print column for Professional Artist Magazine, a weekly column for Fine Art America, and the Rethinking Psychology blog for Psychology Today.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (88 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (54 chatters)
- The Portal (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (20 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (13 chatters)
- in5d (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (8 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- The Rebecca Juro Show (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (5 chatters)
- The Keys107 (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (4 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- Random Rants (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (2 chatters)
- MMA Jam (2 chatters)
- Move to Amend (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- YBP (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Tarhaka (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (0 chatters)