SORT BY Relevancy
We all have busy lives and there never seems to be enough time to use the water closet practically, but finding a new skill, talent, hobby, or interest may just save your life some day.
A big percentage of retirees without established hobbies or interests die sooner than those who already have established activities. These activities need to be ones specifically done for themselves. In other words it needs to be something that is not necessarily dependent on others, such as babysitting your grandchildren.
Al Diaz and co-host Laila Ghattas share their insights on "Personal Growth Makes Business Sense"
Wednesday, January 8th 10am PST
Laila Ghattas absolutely loves leading Self-Discovery workshops around the world. She's passionate about her richly textured vocation as a Gestalt therapist, artist, writer, Reiki practitioner, group facilitator and public speaker. For 25years Laila has practiced in the Healing Arts. She expertly and uniquely combines the healing modalities of psychotherapy, art, and energy work. Otherwise known as The Traveling Therapist, Laila's entrepreneurial dream come true, Aziza Healing Adventures, offers personal growth retreats in breathtakingly beautiful locations in North America and Bali. Since 2004 Laila has immersed herself in the spiritual tapestry of Balinese Hinduism. The wisdom and insight gleaned from ancient traditions, Hindu High Priests and Shamans is infused into all her work. In 2013 LailaGoddess Gorgeous Comfort was launched, bringing healing into the garment industry with her Feel Good Silks- hand made Balinese batik loungewear. Between journeys Laila hangs out in Toronto, Canada where she has a private practice and enchanted garden. www.aziza.ca
"Sandra Grassi Nelipovich: Award-Winning Batik Artist" Dr. Arlene will interview Sandra Grassi Nelipovich, who began her career in the Chicago area as an art teacher then moved to Orange County with her husband John, whom she met on the streets of Oak Park, Illinois. Taking the plunge, she became a full-time entrepreneur mastering her unique approach to batik art. Nelipovich displays her art at juried shows throughout California, Illinois, and Arizona. She has won numerous awards and her batiks on silk are displayed in many collections, including schools, libraries, hospitals, and McDonald's Corporate headquarters. Sandra has also designed a unique batik fabric for fashion designer Barbara Jax's collection and provided illustrations for music publisher Jolly Robin Press. Her batiks have been featured on covers of publications and included in art books.
We will be talking Attune Magazine!
This is a great time to ask any questions you may have about contributing to the magazine or advertising in Attune.
The July Edition was a joy to work on! Thank you everyone for your wonderful contributions! If you haven’t had a look at it yet you can see it here:
Leslie Carol Botha returns to discuss the new book she co-authored with H Sandra Chevalier-Batik titled, “Understanding Your Mind, Mood, and Hormone Cycle” (beautifully illustrated by Nicholas R Batik).Understanding Your Mind Mood and Hormone CycleUnderstanding Your Mind, Mood, and Hormone Cycle was written for women who want to understand the sometimes, confusing physical and psychological changes they experience each month. It is also suggested reading for men who deal with hormonal women daily; and for educators, healthcare and social welfare professionals who support women of all ages that are struggling with physical and behavioral issues caused by hormonal changes. It is the product of a nine-years of research, analysis, and writing. This richly illustrated, pioneering, book is co-authored by Leslie Carol Botha and H. Sandra Chevalier-Batik, with original graphics by Nicholas Batik. Medical researcher, H. Sandra Chevalier-Batik provides extensive clinical background to support the findings of this book.
Marilyn Green is a visual artist currently living in Long Island, NY. Green has taught art, art history and writing in numerous universities and colleges, including Bellarmine University and Spalding University in Louisville, Wayne University in Detroit, Hunter College and New York University in New York City and the University of Cincinnati. She has also lectured extensively on art and humanities at universities in the U.S. and Britain. Green has degrees in painting and music, and was a President’s Scholar and Ford Foundation Fellow.
Her paintings have been shown extensively in the U.S., the U.K., Canada and France; the combination of visionary statement and humor have earned her warm reviews and she has been chosen for grants and awards, including a Millay Colony Fellowship, a two-year salaried artist-in-residence position funded federally, and state arts council grants for work including oils, watercolors, film animation, batik and graphics. Her art has appeared on record album covers and commissioned for murals, dance performance and television.
Crafted Spaces Radio host Yvette-Michelle Cottle Darby explores the world of textile designing. Today’s discussion will focus on the art of tie dying and batik (wax-resist dyeing). These two textile design techniques have been practiced for centuries around the world and have become a popular art form.
When he appeared at the Fifa World Cup closing ceremony on Sunday, he was met by a rapturous reception. None of the other heads of states inspired that much joy at the monumental event.
In his graying, shortly cropped hair and a warm black coat hiding his signature batik shirts, Nelson Mandela needed no introduction.
His legacy stays with you much longer than his outfits do anyway.
While the world marked the beginning of this year’s global soccer tournament on June 11, Mandela was reflecting on something different — the day he along with seven of his comrades were convicted of sabotage at the infamous Rivonia Trial of 1964.
While in prison, his popularity is said to have grown much more than any other African leader and rather than habour hate for the oppressive regime, he sought reconciliation.
It is easy to see why this 92-year-old remains the most revered African statesman. Through his secret weapons of “goodness and forgiveness”, he continues to win the hearts of many across the boarders.
They call it The Nelson Mandela Day — a day the UN General Assembly set aside to mark his contribution to world freedom.
Before taking the oath of office in 1994, Mandela had had 75 years of huddles to jump over.
The first was a change of names as a young boy in school. Born Rolihlahla Mandela, he got his English name ‘Nelson’ from a teacher who didn’t care much for his Xhosa names. He would later live up his middle name, Rolihlahla, which colloquially means, “troublemaker”.
The life and times of Madiba
1918: Born in Eastern Cape
11964: Charged with treason and sentenced to life
1990: Freed from prison
1993: Wins Nobel Peace Prize
1994: Elected the first black president of South Africa
1999: Steps down as president
2001: Diagnosed with prostate cancer
2004: Retires from public life
2005: Announces his son has died of an HIV/Aids-related illness
2010: Turns 92
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (78 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (15 chatters)
- TheThinkingAtheist (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (13 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (11 chatters)
- Bigfoot Ground Zero (9 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (7 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (6 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (5 chatters)
- SHRAonair (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (4 chatters)
- 3 Counselors and a Couch (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Joyful Living for Women (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Wajm Radio (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- TNNDN (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (3 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- The Nerd Port Network (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (2 chatters)
- YPI Consultants LLC (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- DiandraSmithXHall (2 chatters)
- Dr Fred (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (1 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- BishopDerianHouse (1 chatters)
- BishopJD (1 chatters)
- DAnne Burley Show (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- 63289 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (1 chatters)
- Relationship Reinvented (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- Pastor Rebecca (0 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (0 chatters)