SORT BY Relevancy
For my first podcast on the great sport that is Major League Baseball, I discuss the issues surrounding the New York Mets, the two suspensions of Will Smith and Brian Matusz and take a look at the standings on Memorial Day, always considered the first true checkpoint of a baseball season.
Join the show to talk the latest Josh Hamilton news, the Mets hot start, Giancarlo calling out the Marlins, The A's/Blue Jays heated series and more. Guests will be SABR's Robert Fitts and Baseball Digest's David Laurila.
Join host Dan Siegel as he covers the latest news from the past week in MLB. CBS sports radio host William Springer will join the show to talk St. Louis Cardinals and the fallout from the Adam Wainwright injury. Also joining the show is Baseball Prospectus's Doug Thorburn. We'll cover the Royals brawling, Josh Hamilton going "home" and much more. Call in with all your questions and comments
On the show tonight will be former Dodger and Yankee Tommy John. Also Baseball Essential's Emily Shoffit and Rays pre and postgame analyst Neil Solandz.
Scott will review the events of Opening Weekend around Division 1 baseball while hitting especially on what he saw in person from the weekend. (Texas@Rice and Wichita State@Sam Houston State).
Scott will welcome 2012 7th round pick by the Miami Marlins, from Shorter University, RHP Ryan Newell.
Week Two Previews
University of Houston vs. University of Alabama
Update on Big XII vs. PAC 12 Showcase
ESPN Sweet Spot blogger Joe Janish and baseball pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli discuss MLB pitchers' injuries and provide injury prevention guidance and performance tips for baseball coaches, pitchers, and parents of all ages. In this episode, injuries suffered by Masahiro Tanaka, Doug Fister, Chase Whitley, Shane Greene, Jonathon Niese, and Stephen Strasburg.
Topics include: What is an elbow flexor strain, and what should a pitcher do if he is suffering from that injury, and what can pitchers do to prevent it? What should a pitcher do when experiencing soreness in the arm? What does it mean when a pitcher has "tingling" in his fingers? What is "ulnar neuritis" and how is that kind of injury treated? What is the importance of the front/landing foot in the pitching motion and what can happen if a pitcher -- like Strasburg -- has weakness in it?
Also, Angel tackles several myths about pitching, including: should pitchers run after pitching to reduce lactic acid? Can a pitcher safely pitch twice in one day? Can pitchers also be catchers? Should pitchers use a softball to practice the curveball? and other bad advice facing pitchers and coaches starting summer ball.
Finally, Angel provides a velocity tip that is easy to accomplish for every pitcher at every level.
Host Dan Siegel is back talking Josh Hamilton, Rob Manfred, fantasy baseball and more. Tune in for that as well as guests Chris Zolli, Jeff Snider, and John Pielli.
On the second episode of the Venom Strikes Podcast, we will talk to staff writer John Tenney about the Diamondbacks presence on the International Market, the 2016 FA class, and the strikezone in baseball.
Finally, we will talk to Ryan P Morrison of Inside the Zona about optimizing a batting order, and the strikezone in baseball.
You can call in to the show at 648-378-1203, or you can reach us on twitter @joejacquezaz, or @VenomStrikes.
ESPN Sweet Spot blogger Joe Janish talks with baseball pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli. Two injuries are discussed in depth. First, the broken elbow suffered by Oakland Athletics pitcher Jarrod Parker, who was rehabbing from his second Tommy John surgery. Second, Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Drew Smyly's shoulder injury -- Angel goes into detail to explain a labrum tear and how the role of the labrum and shoulder in the pitching motion. Finally, Angel offeres two baseball pitching velocity tips; the first involving the wrist, the second focused on the importance of the glove arm and how it controls rotation. Refer to OnBaseball.com for photos illustrating the tips described.
This week's show will cover everything that's gone on during the opening week of the MLB season. Our guests this week include Bill Chuck, writer for GammonsDaily.com and MLB.com and also John Finger from Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia. Be sure to call in with all your questions and concerns from everything you've seen this opening week of the season.
Baseball pitching velocity tips, scientific analysis, and injury prevention podcast hosted by baseball coach and ESPN SweetSpot blogger Joe Janish and featuring pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli. In this episode, Joe and Angel interview Dr. Glenn Fleisig, Research Director for American Sports Medicine Institute (ASMI). Among the topics covered include Major League Baseball's willingness to accept science in general and biomechanical analysis in particular; how quantitative and qualitative analysis work together to correct flaws in the pitching motion; and how science can prevent pitching injuries. Dr. Fleisig explains the process of evaluating and applying mechanical adjustments. Finally, Dr. Fleisig answers hot-button questions such as: 1) can mechanical adjustments enhance performance; 2) what is keeping pitchers from making necessary changes; 3) how can pitchers avoid second -- or third -- Tommy John surgeries; 4) are pitching injuries inevitable.
More information and references can be found at OnBaseball.com and GymScience.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (467 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (93 chatters)
- John Baptist (70 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (54 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (39 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (28 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- AlimBey (11 chatters)
- RCRadio (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- OPWR (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (8 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- ShadySykes (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Curious Times (6 chatters)
- allah team (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (5 chatters)
- DDP Radio (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Father Teresa (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Gary R Davenport (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Sister You Are Not Alone (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- RotoBaller Fantasy Sports Radio (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Global IntercessionAndPHDMin (2 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (2 chatters)
- AfterHourz (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- EX3 Radio (1 chatters)
- DefyingGravity (1 chatters)
- The Way Walkers (1 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- THA BOOM SHOW (0 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (0 chatters)
- This Is The Full Fledge Show (0 chatters)
- Universal Radio (0 chatters)