SORT BY Relevancy
My friend Steve Balzac, author of "Organizational Psychology for Managers" (download book excerpt on Motivation here), answers these questions:
1. Many tech companies handle leadership by promoting an engineer to team management/leadership. Is it true that engineers only respect other engineers as team leaders? What does that do to team performance?
2. You mention the use of games in chapter 8. How can games be used to develop leadership skills and inspire innovation?
3. How can I apply the principles in your book to promote effective organizational change? How can gamification help me there as well?
This episode will address the simplified quote by Honoré de Balzac. "Behind every great forturn there is a great crime". Not to generalize, and say absolutely every great fortune is included in this quote, but there is a good number that is. Great wealth comes at a cost to more than you may hink. Let unpack this idea and have some fun at the same time.
call in and join us: 347-202-0492
Please email us at: AppleBrain@Live.com
Widely published consultant Steve Balzac of 7 Steps Ahead shares his system for getting published in almost any magazine you want to target.
Today's episode will revisit the idea of "Behind every great fortune, there's a crime. We will look at Starbucks today and should they pay their employees $15/ hr. Is corporate greed out of control?
This theory of a government operating outside the Constitution over its own territory, with citizens of the "United States" belonging thereto under Article 4, Section 3, Clause 2 (4:3:2) of the Constitution, was further confirmed in 1922 by the Supreme Court in Balzac v. Porto Rico, 258 U.S. 298 , wherein that Court affirmed, at page 305, that the Constitution does not apply outside the limits of the 50 States of the Union, quoting Downes supra and De Lima supra; that, under 4:3:2, the "United States" was given exclusive power over the territories and the citizens of the "United States" residing therein.
Steve has over twenty years of experience in the high tech industry and is the former Director of Operations for Silicon Genetics, in Redwood City, CA, where he was responsible for shipping their flagship product. Steve also led the development of numerous serious roleplaying simulations, including a Pandemic Flu simulation for the US National Capitol Region.Join us September 24th at 2 PM ET.
On The Halli Casser-Jayne Show, Talk Radio for Fine Minds author James MacManus. MacManus began his career with The Guardian as a reporter in the London office and went on to become a foreign correspondent. Currently, James MacManus is the managing director of the Times Literary Supplement. His first book, Ocean Devil, was made into a film starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
His new book is Black Venus, which tells the story of poet Charles Baudelaire and his love affair with Jeanne Duval - the woman he called the Black Venus - the striking Haitian cabaret singer who both inspired and tortured Charles Baudelaire to create poetry that would forever change the world of literature.
Set against the heady backdrop of 19th Century Paris in the left Bank cafes and taverns frequented by such giants as Edouard Manet, Honore de Balzac and Alexandre Dumas this is riveting read.
Stan talks about finding the Purple Goldfish in Customer Service. Terri talks about work/life tradeoffs and Stephen discusses leadership.
Rory Bushfield is a monster of talents to say the least. Raised in Balzac Alberta, a small town outside of Calgary, Rory's been in his own class of insane, yet highly skillful stunts his whole life. After years of mogul skiing which resulted in several gold medals including Junior World Championships, Rory shifted his focus into Freeskiing. His pro Freeskiing career kicked off heavy after winning the Planet X-Games in 2002. Ever since, Rory's been traveling the world, living his ultimate dream of pushing the boundaries of what is thought to be humanly possible. In 2010 Rory Bushfield married legendary fellow freeskiier, Sarah Burke. In 2012 Sarah passed away from injuries sustained while at practice doing what she loved most. Rory and her family have set up the Sarah Burke foundation in her honour, a foundation dedicated to providing inspiration and support for those in need. Inspired by Sarah, Rory continues to live his life to the fullest through his passion for adrenaline. In 2012 Rory joined up with Travis Pastrana's Nitro Circus and toured the world performing jaw dropping stunts in front of sold out stadiums of up to 75,000 people. Rory's incredible skills are showcased through his impressive film segments with the top film companies in the action sports world. In March Rory began filming the ABC diving competition show,"Splash" alongside other celebrities, such as Kareem Abdul Jabbar. With appearances on shows like Access Hollywood, Rory is enjoying an upward rise in his extreme sports career that is headed for super-stardom. http://sarahburkefoundation.com/
From the successes and failures of two William O'Neil insiders, Trade Like an O’Neil Disciple: How We Made Over 18,000% in the Stock Market in 7 Years is a detailed look at how to trade using William O'Neil’s proven strategies and what it was like working side-by-side with Bill O’Neil. Under various market conditions, the authors document their trades, including the set ups, buy, add, and sell points for their winners. Then, they turn the magnifying glass on themselves to analyze their mistakes, including how much they cost them, how they reacted, and what they learned.
In the above excerpt for Gil Morales and Chris Kacher's book, there are without a doubt many thoughts that immediately come to mind.
From the growing cynicism towards Wall Street that has been fueled over the past several years by headline grabbing scandals involving Merrill Lynch, Bernard Madoff and Enron, it is no surprise that the words of Honore de Balzac ring loud and true when he said "Behind every great fortune there is a crime."
While perhaps an over-exaggerated assessment that is more reflective of Balzac's own intensity and dramatic nature, there is nonetheless a palpable undercurrent of mistrust towards the investment world.
For this reason, and due to the apparent transparency and factual, self-examining humility that underlines the authors' sincere desire to actually share something of tangible value with the reader, Morales and Kacher's book caught my attention.
In this segment of the PI Window on Business I welcome Chris Kacher to talk about his book and why it might just help you to successfully navigate the complex waters of investing in today's complex market.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (130 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (60 chatters)
- John Baptist (58 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (13 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (13 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (12 chatters)
- The Portal (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- AlimBey (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (7 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- Thats Novel (2 chatters)
- ShadySykes (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- Sister You Are Not Alone (1 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Anthony Aniano Sports Show (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- DDP Radio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- LettesChat (1 chatters)
- Gary R Davenport (0 chatters)