SORT BY Relevancy
Extraordinary and unique like its target audience - Poised Magazine has been created and developed for African American baby boomer women between the ages of 40-65+, who have continually redefined the seasons of their lives and their definitions of beauty, love, relationships, health, fashion, finance and career and how to approach them with success This lifestyle magazine celebrates the individuality, style and success of the soigné African American woman who is committed to rediscovering her gifts, exploring new possibilities, and moving toward and living her best life NOW!
Our readers are a desirable and powerful sub-segment of Baby Boomer females who represent a distinctive consumer group that is often skipped. She is a 40-65+ domestic warrior; a single-parent professional; a single, childless woman; married and in love with her soul mate; divorced, remarried woman with children or grandchildren who rejects society’s beauty standards and embraces her own style and unique physical appearance. These are the women of Poised!
Join us to meet Audra Washington who is the creative force behind what we know is destined to be the next big thing for women and her team at Poised. All of them,who are phenomenal women that will bring Poised to life! Get your beverage and journal and in a comfortable seat, you don't want to miss a thing. Always innovative, searching for the unforgettable and bringing you excellence, Black Bag Productions.
Baby boomers grew up on Superman’s famous phrase, “Truth, justice and the American Way!” Sadly, as a generation, we’ve seen these ideals trampled more than once. Therefore, if you’d like to hear an uplifting story that would do Superman proud, you will want to listen to the inspiring account of John Bassett III.
Join Beth Macy as she shares all about her debut book, Factory Man, and learn how furniture maker, John Bassett, battled the trend towards off-shoring, stayed local and helped to save the jobs of hundreds of employees.
If you’re looking for a great read that weaves fascinating characters, an exotic locale, and a spellbinding story together with the adventures of a spunky, midlife protagonist, you’re in for a real treat. Betsy Woodman, author of Jana Bibi’s Excellent Fortunes and Love Potion Number 10 is joining us to tell all about her third novel in this delightful series. Emeralds Included has Jana focusing on motherhood as she prepares for her son’s upcoming nuptials… and you know from previous adventures, there will be plenty of unexpected twists and turns for Jana!
Betsy will share her thoughts on bidding the delightful Jana farewell as well as what she learned from her latest trip to India. You won’t want to miss this sure-to-be fascinating conversation with the ever-charming Betsy Woodman!
What if you grew up knowing that God ordained the female gender to be ever obedient to men? What if you were reared to gratefully accept your role as acquiescent and subservient to your mate—never to speak out or complain? What if you had no voice and no vote?
Rebecca Musser, the courageous young woman who stepped forward and, against the wishes of her family and the tenants of her faith, testified against Warren Jeffs, joins us to share her harrowing story. The Witness Wore Red is her riveting account of the atrocities committed against underage women and the men who dared to challenge the authority of the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints.
You won’t want to miss her spellbinding story of unquestioned power, unrestrained revenge and ultimate justice!
Remember the Golden Girls? Well, thanks to Karen Venable and Ann Baker, it’s now our time to share hearth and home with our boomer sisters!
Roommates 4 Boomers is an exciting new website focused on bringing together women over 50. Much like a dating site, you’ll post a detailed profile of yourself and then search for matches with other women who are interested in finding a roommate. Compatibility is key and Roommates 4 Boomers is your go-to source for finding friends you can live with.
Join Karen and Ann as they share all about this exciting and timely concept. What could be better than finding a feisty, fun roommate to share your own golden years!
Paula Guenon worked in the Entertainment Industry for over 25 years, 20 ½ years of that for Warner Bros. Studios. 2009, was a life changing experience for Paula. After working in the corporate world, she decided to use her professional and life experience to become an entrepreneur. Grateful for her training and experience in the corporate world, Paula wanted to do more for the community in the second half of her life.
Like so many Baby Boomers, Paula found herself behind the times in the digital/internet technology world as well as the economic change in the United States, and had to re-invent herself by finding her voice with producing and hosting her own show and other internet radio shows/podcasts.
“My mission is to be the catalyst of information and resources for career transitioning Baby Boomers to “Turn Their Passions Into Success” both personally and financially by utilizing the world wide web to launch their message to the masses. With my 20 years extended experience in public speaking, customer service and in the media industry, and 30 years in the corporate world I bring to you innovative media platforms to educate, inspire, and connect people who want to make difference in the world.
Gloria Loring, actress, singer/songwriter, speaker and author has a deep connection with Albert Einstein’s belief that “Coincidence is God’s Way of Remaining Anonymous”… so much so that the phrase became the title of her inspiring and life-affirming book. This thought-provoking and deeply personal work has garnered enthusiastic reviews from both the general public and the celebrity world alike.
Gloria joins us to share how we can tap into divine intervention in our everyday lives. So be sure to tune in and learn how you can recognize and know the power of coincidence in your own life.
in Self Help
SO you are leaving AA or you left. What is that like. Were you addicted to meetings in some wierd way. DId you just realize that all your "freinds" were in the cult ...and now you have none.
Do you drink now normally after many years in AA after hearing so many lies how you would die or go to prison or jail?
Do you find yourself stopping yourself when you use certain words like "sober" or grateful" or " spiritual".
Do you cry at the drop of a hat over the years you wasted in AA? Is you whole belief system crumbling?
Join Monica Richardson, film maker for The 13th Step ....for a show about how we have navigated through a culture that is dominated by Steppers, their language, their made up religion and lots more.
AA propaganda dominates our TV and A list films as well. How can we have our voices heard and stop the lies through narrative story telling?
Cynthia Katori Walker, is a self-taught artist that works predominantly in acrylic, pastels and recycled material. Her themes evoke feelings of playfulness, joy and a feeling of the unknown. Two of her works, "Nighty Night " and "Journey" were selected in the City Without Walls 20th Annual Metro Show Juried Small Works Traveling Exhibition in 2001-2002. She also had an art piece displayed at a Regional Exhibition at the Bayonne Public Library Gallery in Bayonne, N.J. In 1999, Walker debuted her Katori Kids Collection at "Inspirations," an art exhibition at Exposure Gallery in Brooklyn, N.Y. Her mission is to make the child in you smile and would like you to join her in spreading Katorikids Art which will brighten up spaces in the world.
For more information, www.katorikidsart.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (70 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (42 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (25 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (22 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (21 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (20 chatters)
- The Portal (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (18 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- in5d (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- King of All Trades Blog Talk (8 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (7 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (6 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (6 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (5 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (5 chatters)
- Conservative Report (5 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- Living Astrology (4 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Domination and Submission (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- prophecynewsandviews (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (2 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- Tribulation News (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- CrystalPSmith (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- COBASM Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (0 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (0 chatters)
- mashahba (0 chatters)