SORT BY Relevancy
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes author Zechariah Newman to Conversations LIVE to discuss the events in his life that led him to write his book DREAMS THAT LAST.
I'm your host
Author Tumika Cain;
She is an award-winning author, media personality, publisher, founder of Say What?? Book Club and motivator. Through her written and verbal expressions, Tumika aims to encourage, empower and uplift others to live their best, most authentic life. An advocate for indie authors, Tumika works tirelessly to level the playing field between traditional publishers, traditionally published authors and indie authors, providing a myriad of opportunities to train, coach, promote and expose the works of authors who excel in the literary arts and who are serious about their craft. Once a month you can follow Tumika as she hosts the Say What?? Author Spotlights, where she interviews the book club’s featured author of the month. Recently adding publishing to her belt, through Inkscriptions, Tumika offers full service publishing to indie authors, with a focus on providing excellent service, coaching, and the resources needed to produce successful authors. Inkscriptions offers an all inclusive package geared to get indies off, running and ahead of the game. An educator to the core of her being, Tumika lives from a mode of each one reach one, each one teach one. She has done extensive work with displaced teens and always has an inspiring word to share to those who cross her path. Her works have been published in a number of magazines, anthologies, newspapers and periodicals. She is the author of the award-winning novel, Season of Change (2012); After the Rain…a Poetry Collective (2014); On the Pulse of Morning (August 2014). Tumika is a contributing writer for BLOG and PEN’Ashe Magazines. In addition, Tumika has also performed at a number of venues throughout the United States, as well as coordinated literary events and writing workshops.
Most of us have had our epiphanies, our "aha's" and revelations. But how many of us follow through? Deb Landiwehr Engle did, and is delighted to share the process with us. Come be inspired as you listen in on a very private, very special preview of her newest book.
How many "significant moments" catch us for an instant and then melt away? Debra Landwehr Engle received an answer to a plea to a higher power for help. The response was soon reinforced by a significant moment leaving her compelled to follow the experience wherever it would take her and write about it. That decision, plus the discipline and passion of a well seasoned author, resulted in a very special book. Ms. Engle eloquently takes on her journey as she anticipates the book launch. Come be among the first to learn about it!
Guest: Fausta Rodriguez-Wertz, editor of Fausta's Blog, joins me for a chat with Alina Garcia-Lapuerta, author of "La Belle Creole".
Check out our new sponsor: AUDIBLE.COM (www.audibletrial.com/cantotalk.)
Looking for a good book? Check out my book:
CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN BY SILVIO CANTO JR
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes author William Loizeaux to Conversations LIVE to discuss his literary journey and his new book THE TUMBLE INN.
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes New York Times columnist and author Charles Blow to Conversations LIVE to discuss his new book FIRE SHUT UP IN MY BONES, and what it's been like for him to share a piece of himself with the world.
Read Webb's review of Charles Blow's book on Amazon here.
Combining the eloquence and raw sensuality of Jeanette Winterson with the romantic, renegade spirit of Patti Smith, Further Out Than You Thought is a taut and erotically charged literary debut, set against the chaos of the 1992 L.A. riots, about three people searching for identity and meaning from award-winning poet and indie bookshop co-founder Michaela Carter.
In the Neverland that is Los Angeles, where make-believe seems real, three dreamers find themselves on the verge of transformation. Twenty-five-year-old poet Gwendolyn Griffin works as a stripper to put herself through graduate school. Her perpetually stoned boyfriend Leo dresses in period costume to hawk his music downtown, and seems to be losing his already tenuous grip on reality. And their flamboyant best friend and neighbor, nightclub crooner Count Valiant, is slowly withering away.
When the city explodes in violence after the Rodney King verdict, the chaos becomes a catalyst for change. Valiant is invigorated, Leo plans a new stunt—walking into east L.A., naked, holding a white flag—and Gwen, discovering she is pregnant, is confronted by troubling questions. Can Leo become a good, dependable father? Can she leave the club life behind, or will the city’s spell prove too seductive?
Combining poetry and sensuality with an edgy urban sensibility, Further Out Than You Thought is a celebration of life and a haunting story of love, friendship, and one woman’s quest for redemption.
Wednesday, October 1, 3 pm ET The Halli Casser-Jayne Show takes an in-depth look at the careers of three women who changed the trajectory of television news: Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric and Christiane Amanpour the subject of journalist Sheila Weller’s fascinating new book THE NEWS SORORITY, DIANE SAWYER, KATIE COURIC, CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR – AND THE (ONGOING, IMPERFECT, COMPLICATED) TRIUMPH OF WOMEN IN TV NEWS, Weller, the guest for the hour.
Journalist Sheila Weller forged her career with her scintillating true life tales drawn directly from the news. She is the author of seven books - three of which are New York Times bestsellers - including GIRLS LIKE US: CAROLE KING, JONI MITCHELL, CARLY SIMON – AND THE JOURNEY OF A GENERATION, the book that made headlines presenting an insightful and detailed portrayal of music's three most trailblazing and beloved singer-songwriters borne in the stultifying 1950s, coming of age in the turbulent Sixties -- three women who brilliantly rode the second-wave of feminism.
Weller has covered domestic abuse, upscale marriages, wife killing, and secret rapes in storybook communities, as well as her own family's halcyon life and the tragic demise of the premiere Hollywood nightclub they owned in her acclaimed memoir DANCING AT CIRO’S. A Contributing Editor at Glamour, a writer for Vanity Fair, the New York Times Book Review Weller she is respected among her peers for her comprehensive, evocative investigative writing about all aspects of women's lives and issues.
Her latest book THE NEWS SORORITY, DIANE SAWYER, KATIE COURIC, CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR – AND THE ONGOING, IMPERFECT, COMPLICATED TRIUMPH OF WOMEN IN TV NEWS does not disappoint.
Journalist Sheila Weller on The Halli Casser-Jayne Show, Talk Radio for Fine Minds, Wednesday, October 1, 3 pm ET online @ http://bit.ly/hcjblog.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (134 chatters)
- John Baptist (80 chatters)
- Channel Panel (77 chatters)
- in5d (71 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (20 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (19 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (17 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- DDP Radio (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (11 chatters)
- Tarhaka (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (9 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (7 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- The Organic View (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- David and Wes (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)