SORT BY Relevancy
Beverley Wolfe, MA, Audiologist, Reg’d CASLPO discusses National Speech & Hearing Awareness Month including statistics and tips for how to maintain safe noise levels in your household.
Beverley is one of many thousands of professionals participating in this month's public awareness campaign to encourage early detection and prevention of communication disorders.
Natalie (PegCityLovely) asks Beverley a variety of questions related to her own family especially her tween and teen, unknown or lesser known noise irritants, as well as how to recognize safer appliances via their label(s).
Be sure to check out the accompanying blog post for further resources and infographics.
Considered the world's foremost sound-based therapist, Dorinne Davis is the President/Founder of Davis Centers, Inc., whose mission is to make positive change through sound. While able to benefit all people, her Centers’ main focus is on women’s wellness challenges, autism, auditory processing disorders and energy medicine. She is the author of five books, The Cycle of Sound: A Missing Energetic Link; Sound Bodies through Sound Therapy; Every Day a Miracle: Success Stories with Sound Therapy®; Otitis Media: Coping with the Effects in the Classroom; and A Parent's Guide to Middle Ear Infections. Ms. Davis is credentialed in 20 different sound-based therapies and her background as an audiologist, educator and sound therapist provides the foundation to The Davis Centers' unique holistic approach. Ms. Davis is also an international speaker in the field of sound therapy.
Doctors of the USA presents Maura Chippendale, M.Ed., FAAA, Board Certified in Audiology. Today's episode will be about audiology, hearing impairment and hearing aid. Maura Chippendale received her Bachelor of Science degree in Audiology from the University of Georgia in 1984 and her Masters of Education degree in Audiology from the University of Georgia in 1985. She received her Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech and Hearing Association in 1986. Ms. Chippendale worked for an ENT group in Macon, Georgia from 1985 until 1988. She relocated to southwest Florida and joined Audiology Consultants of Southwest Florida in 1988. Doctors of the USA Radio is also available on iTunes! You can subscribe and download FREE podcasts there, just go to this link - http://bit.ly/doctorsoftheusaitunes
in Self Help
Dr. Paula Goodman- Liebeskind aka "Dr. Paula" is my guest with A. Bel Audiology Associates. As we discuss the issue of snoring with a friend one day when it dawned on her: The custom made ear plugs she designs and makes for her musician patients--ones that mold to the inner ear and completely block out sound--may also work to block out the irritating sound of a snorer. Dr. Paula says "My friend--whose husband is a chronic snorer-- was ecstatic and wanted a pair of the ear plugs right way. I knew I could solve a huge problem for many of my patients who lose sleep night after night sleeping next to a snorer".
Dr. Paula has now included the custom anti-snoring ear plugs in her line of products at her office in Pembroke Pines, Florida. "I feel good knowing that I can help save marriages with a simple, non -evasive device. The great part is that you do not have to rely on the snorer to fix the problem, this is something you can do own your own and finally get a good night's rest". says Dr. Paula.
Dr. Paula for interviews, email her at Abelaudio@aol.com Website: http://www.abelaudio.com
Dr. Judy Curtin, WCU’s Board Certified Audiologist and professor, shares her wisdom about hearing loss and noise exposure and what could happen if hearing loss goes untreated. Also, learn how to cope with the older parent and navigate the cost of care and the limitations of hearing aids. Lastly, gain insight in how to access the free clinic for staff, students, and community members who are 70 years of age or older.
Catherine Johns and Michele Rempel interview Dr. Linda Remensnyder of Hearing Associates, P.C. Dr. Linda Remensnyder is an Audiologist and the owner of Hearing Associates, P.C., with 3 offices in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. Watch the video interview at: http://youtu.be/do-LhynJn5w For more information on Hearing Associates, PC: http://www.hearingdoc.com Sponsored by: Making you more Magnetic - http://www.catherinejohns.com Simplifying Social Media - http://www.mediavinemarketing.com
Cat Edison is a film and television and columnist who just returned from her SXSW 2012 in Austin, Texas. Cat writes columns and reviews for ScreenInvasion.com. Here is a link to this rising star in the field of entertainment journalism. http://screeninvasion.com/?s=cat+edison
Follow Cat on Twitter @CatEdison
She also works full-time for an audiologist who is the premiere provider for HAAM (Health Alliance for Austin Musicians). In addition to her "day job" and her writing job, Cat is a full-time mom of two amazing kids, one of them a new baby. She is married to a wonderfully supportive firefighter, Tony. Cat and her family outside of Austin, TX.
Join Donna Messer as she talks to Dr. Janice Cockburn, Doctor of Audiology and Jeanette Arsenault a Singer and Songwriter from Eastern Canada.
Dr. Janice Cockburn, Au.D. is a Doctor of Audiology with over 30 years experience. She has worked as an Audiologist in pediatric settings (Hospital for Sick Children) and adult community settings. She knows hearing aids from the R&D side having worked as the Managing Director for the largest multinational hearing instrument manufacturer for 18 years. Currently she is the owner of Hearing Sciences- an independently run, privately owned clinic with 6 offices located in Alliston, Orangeville, Bolton, Georgetown, Bradford and Woodbridge.
As Women at their Best is an Alliston event , my contact # in Alliston is 705-435-4356.
Our website is currently under construction.
Bolton 905-857-5183, Orangeville 519-942-9428, Georgetown 905-877-0099, Bradford 905-778-2002, Woodbridge 905-417-7255
If you would like to connect with Jeanette visit her Website or her Facebook Page. You can also follow Jeanette on Twitter
If you would like to connect with Donna, visit her Website or her Facebook Page. You can also follow Donna on Twitter
This week on Mom Talk Radio, dietician and nutritionist, Amy Marlow from HappyBaby. Andrea Woroch discusses 8 frugal dating tips for parents. Rebecca Coniglio, author of the new book series "Lily's Little Life Lessons." The Mom's Roundtable discusses how to keep the kids busy on family trips. Audiologist, Dr. Patti Ramos and her colleague, Debbie Latopolski.
This show is sponsored by Lands' End and Family Circle.
Sandra Cherry will interview Audiologist Christine Wilson from Conejo Hearing Center, Inc. in Westlake Village, CA. A few things Ms. Wilson will discuss are causes of hearing loss, tinitis, types of hearing devices and the differences between an audiologist and someone who dispenses hearing devices.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (64 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (56 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (38 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (31 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (22 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (18 chatters)
- in5d (17 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (15 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (12 chatters)
- King of All Trades Blog Talk (12 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (9 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (9 chatters)
- the klicious show (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- reactionariez (7 chatters)
- Curious Times (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Raw Sex (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (3 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- Relationships360 (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- COBASM Radio (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- breezysays (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Brian and Sherri Show (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (0 chatters)