SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Dr. Jeanne Segal. Jeanne Segal, Ph.D., Editorial Director, has been helping individuals and families for over 40 years as an innovator within the fields of emotional intelligence, holistic health, attachment, stress reduction and relationships. She coordinated a series of conferences linking brain development to the emotional relationship between infants and their caretakers. She has written five books, which have been published in 13 languages.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• endometrial cancer, chemo and metal taste- slippery elm balls to neutralize poisons..
• radiation and eating carotene rich foods such as baked sweet potato and carrot juice- after radiation wakame and kombu in soup or infusion..
• medicated abortion- any time a pregnancy ends we give birth and releasing the spirit from the womb..
• improving sperm count over time with pumpkin seeds, astragalus, oatstraw infusions, zinc rich foods, avocados, limiting heat exposure and more..
• vivid dreaming and pillow with artemisia vulgaris..
• nourishing the thyroid with fucus and changes in thinking..
• acid reflux, fruit and dietary changes..
• oatstraw bath for comforting the grieving spirit..
• vaginal fluids and yeast infection..
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Rita Moran. Rita has been a healer for over 25 years. She first became introduced to healing in 1972 at the age of 8 when her mother took her to her first initiation of Transcendental Meditation, closely followed by yoga and the Ayurvedic diet. At different points in her life, she has also been made deeply aware of a "knowing", where all her senses were heightened and she could see and know the person without them telling her their issues. As a result of thi s she studied energy healing and became a Reiki Master and has studied with different yogic healing traditions over the last 3 decades.
this episode Q&A includes:
• trying to conceive and miscarriage- red clover infusions plus nettle,oatstraw infusion and vitex tincture..
• Susun's have a Healthy Heart course..
• taking care preparing for surgery- anti infective herbs, homeopathic remedies, loving kindness and pain killing drugs..
• harvesting nettle..
• eating restrictive diets..
• making tea from calyx of hibiscus..
• pyrrolizidine alkaloids in comfrey roots and using comfrey leaf to heal bones..
• alcohol in tictures and religious practices..
• safety of poke..
• using artemisia vulgaris for vision and dreaming..
• anxiety and motherwort or lemonbalm..
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers herbal health questions for 90 minutes and then has a 30 minute interview with Amy Ryan. Amy F. Ryan lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with her family. She is a graduate of the University of Virginia and the Georgetown University Law Center. She practices law in Washington, D.C., specializing in the commercialization of new medical technologies. Amy has had Type 1 diabetes for nearly 20 years. She wrote SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes to create a readable account of this very difficult disease, one that would be different from the numerous "how-to" books about diabetes. She wanted a book that could be shared with family, friends, and others, to raise awareness about what life is really like for those with T1Diabetes.
this episode Q&A-includes:
• anti-inflammatory? linden infusion and comfrey infusions
• best herb for hair? nettles- infusion of course!
• how to make burdock seed oil for the scalp
• herbalism is allopathic medicine..
• kelp is the best seaweed to help us through difficulties..
• colonics and enemas remove bacteria from the colon.. we need bacteria in our intestines!
• cook your vegetables for long enough for maximum digestion.
• yellow dock tincture to keep the bowels regular- safe to take daily..
• function of estrogen and progesterone throughout a womans cycle..
• organic liver to raise iron levels..
• best blood stopping herbs- ladies mantel, witch hazel tincture, shepards purse tincture..
• all mushrooms have the ability to prevent cancer..
• HPV? St. Joans Wort and astragalus tincture
• artemisia vulgaris- crone wort- make vinegar with young leaves and roots..
PAGANS TONIGHT RADIO NETWORK PRESENTS: 8 PM CST-CIRCLE CRAFT STUDY with Selena Fox Tonight's Topic: Mugwort Magic Explore lore, spiritual properties, and some sacred ways of working with Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) for cleansing, intuitive development, visioning, dreamcraft, healing, meditation, rituals, and celebration. 9 PM CST-PAGAN PRIEST - Tonight's Topic: $upporting Pagan Work$ PP is a panel discussion with priests from around the nation featuring- Host Mke Neal with Ed Hubbard and Dr.Scott Marshall. $upporting Pagan Work$. Giving back and finacially suporting our leaders and teachers.
Sheila Barker of Context Travel and Advancing Women Artists shares the wonder and beauty of women artists in Florence from the Pitti Palace to the facade of the Duomo.
We talk about the famous Artemisia Gentileschi and her vivid and lifelike work; most famously her depiction of Judith Slaying Holofernes.
Giovanna Garzoni is discussed and her glorious paintings in the spirit of still life meets botanical illustration. Truly amazing.
Finally we discuss Suor Plautilla Nelli and her religious paintings that remind me of Raphael's early work.
This is a tour not to be missed by Context Travel. Check it out at www.contexttravel.com > Florence > A Woman's World
Also visit www.advancingwomenartists.org
From the “7 Up” series of documentaries to a question from a loyal listener about biographies, from a LACMA exhibit of Robert Mapplethorpe’s photography to such historic buildings as Artemisia and the California Club Preservation, from the death of Daily Variety to the philosophy of George Orwell, preservation, documentation and human decency are foremost on the minds of Dean Haglund and Phil Leirness this week.
So, join your friends in podcasting for another nourishing and delicious helping of YOUR Chillpak Hollywood Hour!
This is where you should be before you go out to have that personalized black out session with your friends at that local bar of yours. Get educated as well as informed on our sweet appreciation for alcohol and the positive things it does for us. Re-discover local New Orleans bars and support your service industry and your wallet..This Episode, Get Up and chase* The Green Fairy as we disect Artemisia Absinthium..Have a Shot of the sacred herb and eat @ Herbsaint!
Acne vulgaris (or simply just zits) is really a long-term condition of the skin characterized by regions of whiteheads, blackheads and pimples oily pores and skin, and perhaps scars. The producing visual appeal can result in anxiousness, decreased self-esteem, and in extreme cases, major depression or thoughts of suicide. acne home remedies