SORT BY Relevancy
Join Genealogist Jim W. Petty for a discussion of his research on Black Slavery Emancipation Research in the Northern States and learn about the four categories of records that provide genealogical data on enslaved people in Northern states before the Civil War.
Beginning in 2010, Jim became interested in African American Genealogy Studies upon following client genealogy into the Slave culture of Rhode Island. Upon learning about the concept of Slavery in all States in America, and the eventual “gradual emancipation” of Black Slaves in each of the Northern States, he realized that a product of the emancipation movement was the creation of Slave birth records from as early as 1777, and continuing until national emancipation in 1865. These records led to the keeping of other records relating to African Americans in the Northern States, which will hopefully become a resource for researchers throughout the United States.
Currently Jim has been collecting and abstracting Slave Birth Records for the State of New Jersey from 1804 to 1865, with the goal of publishing his findings during the 2015-2016 sesquicentennial of Slave Emancipation in the U.S. (1865-1866).
Jim has a degree in Genealogy Technology from Brigham Young University, and has been certified as a Genealogist and a Genealogy Records Searcher by the Board for the Certification of Genealogists (1984-2015), and accredited by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Genealogists (1972-2015).
This radio show will discuss all of the research conducted with the fire service by the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute. Guests from fire departments that have served on the technical panels of the research will share their perspectives and how they have incorporated the results into their departments.
Host Steve Kerber is the Director of the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute. He has led fire service research and education in the areas of ventilation, structural collapse, and fire dynamics. A 13-year veteran of the fire service, with most of his service at the College Park Fire Department in Prince George's County Maryland where he served at ranks up through Deputy Chief. He currently serves on the Advisory Board of Fire Engineering and the Fire Department Instructors Conference. Steve has also been appointed to the rank of Honorary Battalion Chief by the FDNY.
The University of Pennsylvania had tremendous results with a recent clinical trial using a CAR T cell treatment targeting CD19 for a myeloma patient. The results were so impressive that some wonder if they have been able to eliminate the myeloma stem cell clone for one patient who had relapsed 9 therapies and had a high-risk genetic feature. Learn more about this success and where UPENN is going next using CAR therapy with Dr. Adam Cohen, MD, Director of Myeloma Immunotherapy at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine at UPENN.
Thanks to our episode sponsor, Amgen.
David Wren, owner of Success Mentor will visit Anna's Journey to discuss the opening of the Lexington Business Center... what is it, where is it...
and most importantly who is the perfect person who needs to be a member of the cooperative work space!
Join the fun as we discuss the benefits of being a member of this business center... how it can help you do what you do!
In today’s segment, I’ll be joined by Drs. Janice Knebl and Meharvan Singh from the University of North Texas Health Science Center. We’ll be talking about how research has identified the potential for hormones like estrogen and progesterone as being important in maintaining a healthy brain. However, this topic is not without its controversy, so my guests will also be addressing factors that may predict whether hormones may or may not be good for the brain. In addition, we will also talk about what ongoing research is being done to ensure that doctors provide menopausal and post-menopausal women with as many viable options as possible to help maintain health and wellness as they age.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to manage “The Business of Life”. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, get connected, and be heard.
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
Plaid FB: http://www.Facebook.com/PlaidforWomen
Plaid TW: http://www.twitter.com/plaidforwomen
CONTACT INFO FOR TODAY'S GUEST:
Rebecca Gregg, Marketing Manager
The Physician Group of UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth
www.unthealth.org | www.unthsc.edu
OUTTRO MUSIC BY:
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Global Green USA - In commemoration of the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and Global Green’s efforts to rebuild a greener New Orleans, Dr. Les McCabe – President and CEO of Global Green USA, explains their Climate Champions fundraising campaign. The initiative recommits resources to NOLA and other at-risk cities such as New York, San Francisco, Miami, and Los Angeles in order to complete their Lower Ninth Ward Climate Action and Community Center, enhance their New Orleans-based Disaster Response Team, and educate and motivate people in other cities to make changes to prevent climate related disasters and become prepared before they happen, thereby lessening the destruction and shortening the reconstruction process.
- Bolado Park Event Center - Donnette Silva Carter – CEO of Bolado Park Event Center in Tres Pinos, California discusses the center’s event facilities as well as the upcoming San Benito County Fair and San Benito Olive Festival
Ascension Center Education Spiritual Science Love as Angel Heart what it means.ACE Metaphysical Insitute a divisions of ACO-ACE. Ascension Center Education (ACE) Folklife Affiliates as Ascension Center Organization (ACO) Radio Show Co-Hosts as Associates for the New 2016 -2018 3 years in Internet Radio for Cosmos Radio Org are Kira Lessin of Hawaii, Phil Laing of California, and Theresa J Morris of Kentucky. Ascension Center Education supports the Ascension Age with our Education Research Association Community Online Press. Authors and Journalists are sharing various websites that include raising awareness as the conscious awareness in all of us, as well as, the universal awareness for now and the future. We will discuss our shaping up for the life we now lead and how we will learn to co-create with synergy in others. Synchronicity in how three people who have never met can use their former knowledge to come together on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 to co-create something wonderful and motivating to keep them going on planet earth. Not knowing each other except on the Internet is a challenge to share as future associates in forming this continued not for profit unincorporated association created to share information about various organizations all working towards the goal of ASCENSION.
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY….. that was when the last FTCC episode was published. TFG1Mike gives a small update as to why there haven’t been any episodes. Power Rangers: Redux – Ron Wasserman BRAND NEW Podcast Art for the Commentaries Episodes! Original Art will be used for all regular episodes! Buy GCRN Stuff From Zazzle & SpreadShirt Buy PCN ...
"Impeachment", two highly credentialed constitutional law experts take us through the entire Impeachment process start to finish. People will understand why NALC and CAC are pushing “proper” Articles of Impeach and “the people’s” role in making it happen.
Call in number 347-989-8853 press 1 to get on air.
Join Monster X hosts Gunnar Monson and Shane Corson as they sit down with members of the Tillamook Forest Research Group.
The Tillamook Forest Research Group was formed following an audio encounter in the Tillamook State Forest by the daughter of founding member Larry Turner. The T.F.R.G.is dedicated to collecting and processing evidence and data regarding an unrecognized bipedal primate commonly known as "Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch".
Call in number is (347) 326-9859
Gunnar Monson is a long time Bigfoot researcher. A past investigator with the BFRO, he is the Lead Investigator of the Tillamook Forest Research Project as well as a member of The Olympic Project (www.OlympicProject.com) and Bigfootology. He is also the founder of The Sasquatch Coffee Company (www.SquatchCoffee.com)
A native of Scotland, Shane has had an interest in Cryptids since his youth. Fate brought him to Oregon where he dove head first into the subject of Bigfoot. Shane had a sighting in the Mt, Hood National Forest in 2013 which only deepened his passion in his pursuit. He is a core team member of both the T.F.R.G. as well as The Olympic Project (www.OlympicProject.com).
In a recent post by Weronika Costas she doccumented stories that have never been brought to my attention. It's something that we as Americans need to know about with regards to Immigration.
Day #1 - Dilley TX family detention center facts:
1. This internment camp is currently detaining over 1779 women and children.
2. Every, I mean EVERY child detained here is sick: nasty cough, diarrhea, vomiting, fever.
3. Medical treatment offered to the children: wait 3-5 hour to see clinic, "drink more water", vicks, honey.
4. We (volunteers on sight) are told not to drink the tap water due to dangerously high levels of arsenic it contains - yet its ok to have 2 and 4 year old babies with ongoing illnesses and digestive problems drink it??
5. CCA (correctional corporation of america) runs the detention center, and is paid $300 per day per person by the US government, making an estimated $15-20 MILLION dollars a month!!!
6. CCA's sister company runs the GPS ankle shackles which women are being coerced by iCE officials into Accepting in order to be releases (i.e. Lying about the time it will take to get a bond heating with the judge AND lying that the bond amount will be egregiously high, both untrue; or giving false promises that the shackle will be removed
In 5 days, when in fact it can remain for months and even over a year)
6. Sample of women from whose detention CCA is profiting: victims of egregious domestic violence, women who had been forced into prostitution / human trafficking victim, young woman receiving death threats from gang after having witnessed the gang beat and kill victims in a coffee field adjacent to her home, young woman being tagged as MS-13 property and being threatened to be killed if disobey/ disrespect the gang...we attended to about 140 such women today.