SORT BY Relevancy
American culture used to be the model for others to follow, but it has been replaced by a lowering of moral standards in almost every way- what can we who still think that American culture is not totally lost, and is still worth saving do?- reaching out to the next generation by being examples is the key.
Modern means of communication has turned the world into a global village, where everyone in the world is our neighbor. Some people are the type of people you wouldn't want as neighbors. You know who they are - loud, ignorant, destructive, disrespectful, out of control. When we think of traveling to enjoy another part of the world and experience the culture, there are some places in the world we would love to be, the people seem interesting, the entertainment enjoyable, the way of life seems comfortable, and we could feel safe. But what does the rest of the world see when they consider traveling to the inner cities of America? The world loves our music and dancing, but what about this image of excessive crime? This week, we'll talk to journalists and image makers who are examining the global impressions of African American culture, and how that affects the economy in the inner cities. Today we'll talk to members CAAAP, Chicago Association of African American Photographers, whose mission is to capture images that define the history and culture of African American people. Our guests are photographer Deleshia Kinney who is working on a new photography book on African American women and beauty of their natural hair, and Curtis Kojo Morrow, artist, photographer and author of the books "What's A Commie Ever Done To Black People?" and "My Sankofa."
In this episode of Hope For Today Apostle Tony Brown Faire takes us on a journey to look at American culture. He will investigate through scripture to see if the Church is walking in the flesh. He will also help us a individual Christians to strenghten our walk with Christ and not walk in the flesh.
So tel your friends to join Tony Brown Faire right here on Blog Talk Radio as he tells us to Forget The Flesh The Down Fall of American Culture.
My mouth hangs opens as I write this program description after watching the news and clips are people being punched in the head by black teens and knocked out. It is a "game" that is spreading worldwide. It some cases in New York the victims have been exclusively Jewish.
There is no denying that African American culture is pop world culture. All the influences, from the music, dance, fashion, and slang eventually, end up in the mainstream worldwide. For decades the "best" of the culture has defined American culture and ultimately the world's pop culture. But unfortunately the "worse" of what is viewed to be of that "culture" is also spreading... From sagging pants, and now the "knockout game"? Like sagging, where people of all ethnic groups, ages, and sexes are have adapted this unusual way of wearing pants, are same going to begin punching heads worldwide? Culture is active. It is the expression of a people. However, should the actions of a few represent a culture? I think not. But the problem is that these actions become replicated and copied until it is viewed as part of the culture. It is time for people, particularly from African American culture, to speak out and put a stop to what can eventually end up defining that culture.
in Rock Music
After Yesterdays episode we will be continuing on our journey and listening to the fallout from Bealtemania and the British Invasion as a comparison to the popular music of the States. This Episode includes Elvis Pressley (Later Music),Mamas and Papas,Jefferson Airplane,Greatful Dead and much more.
No Microphone today due to a hectic schedule but i will try my best for tomorrows episode including a schedule of live radio broadcasts from sunny Scotland
Please sit back and enjoy and also come and have a chat inside our chatroom and any requests would be greatly appreciated.
The show is in its early stages im looking to start a 2 hour show including improtant news developments,political discussion,social studies and ofcourse the lifes of some wonderfull rock legends and there creations.
Host Jacque DelRio will discuss progressive, politics, race relations, american politics, chicano, hispanic, latino, african american, culture, demographics, social justice, economic justice, racial disparity, justice, law enforcement, american history, society, social change, law enforcement, police, police brutality, community action, community organization, and more!
Kevin Quashie, Ph.D., was the guest lecturer for Stetson University's Social Justice Lecture Series in fall 2014. The professor in the Department of Afro-American Studies at Smith College spoke on “Quiet, Justice, Love."
In his talk, Quashie discusses African-American culture, often considered expressive, dramatic and even defiant, characterizations which are linked to the idea of resistance. Indeed, these terms come to dominate how we think of blackness. He addresses the topic of reimagining how we think about black culture, about resistance and justice. He questions how the idea of quiet, as a notion different from silence and as a metaphor for one’s inner life, could include insight into how to be alive in ways that are aware of social violence, but that retain the power and grace that is part of being human.
For more about Dr. Quashie and his lecture, see the Stetson Today story: http://www.stetson.edu/today/2014/10/social-justice-lecture-quiet-justice-love/
Host Jacque DelRio will discuss explosive, essential issues and controversies including: progressive, politics, race relations, american politics, chicano, hispanic, latino, african american, culture, demographics, social justice, economic justice, racial disparity, justice, law enforcement, american history, society, social change, law enforcement, police, police brutality, community action, community organization, and more!
Part 2 of 3: Originally Aired February 10, 2013
Dianne Linderman talks about the decline of our culture and reads from a recent news story which outlines certain trends in America.
Dianne speaks with a caller about protecting our Constitution and later on – discusses the hypocrisy of Hollywood when it comes to political issues.
Find out more about Dianne Linderman on her website: http://www.everythingthatmattersradio.com/
Join Host Live Chats
- Bigfoot Hotspot (187 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (122 chatters)
- John Baptist (91 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (42 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (35 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (23 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (20 chatters)
- Kinghuman (19 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (17 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (16 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (11 chatters)
- Black Author Network (11 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (10 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (10 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (10 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- NDB Media (8 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (7 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (7 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (6 chatters)
- CopRot Radio (6 chatters)
- PrismRadio (5 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (5 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- African On The Move (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (3 chatters)
- world street hip hop (2 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (2 chatters)
- Natures Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Darryl James (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- James Valentine (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WORLD Change (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- DiYAHGuRL1 (0 chatters)