SORT BY Relevancy
In the "It would be convenient if they gave #56 to an interesting prospect this Spring, but I forgot that it's Scott Rice's number" edition. Rob and Jeffrey finally sit down to talk about the Amazin' Avenue Top 25 Mets prospect list, but first they spend ten minutes talking about the 2008 Mets bullpen for some reason. #blameAyala. We also answer your e-mails about...shortstops...again.
In the "Jenrry Mejia's hair deserves its own edition" edition, Rob and Jeffrey talk about Jenrry Mejia's hair, natch'. We also preview the 2014 Mets infield, which mostly devolves into a discussion of David Wright's future Hall of Fame case. Chris McShane helps out too, sitting down with Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger to see where the Mets shortstop and first base situation currently stand. Then we continue our NL East preview with the Atlanta Braves, and Talking Chop's Ben Duronio. It's a cast of thousands on Amazin' Avenue Audio! Finally, we wrap up with your e-mails, and Jeffrey's most recent failure at Mets Trivia.
In the "You should all feel bad for telling Jon Rauch to kill himself on twitter" edition, Rob and Jeffrey wrap up our 2014 preview with the bullpen, which we are not excited about (the preview that is, but also, probably the bullpen). So that leaves plenty of time to discuss the fifth starter situation, just how many first basemen the Mets are going to carry, and to check in on our sister podcast, Shortstop Avenue. We wrap up with some college baseball talk, a couple of e-mails, and the beginning of a triumphant winning streak at Mets trivia.
In the "[redacted] is the only Met to wear #59" edition. Rob and Jeffrey (and Chris and Marc Carig) preview the 2014 Mets rotation. Will Jon Niese every be healthy and above-average at the same time? How fat can Bartolo Colon get? Do we have anything to say about Dillon Gee? Who exactly is going to be the Mets fifth starter? (Jeffrey makes a sad face) All these questions will at least be discussed. Plus, we debut the Shortstop Avenue Audio jingle, because of course we have shortstop e-mails to answer, and Jeffrey and Rob completely forget to do Mets trivia, which means Jeffrey doesn't get Mets trivia wrong.
In the "Tonight, Boss" edition, Rob and Jeffrey share their Santana no-hitter stories before launching into the 2014 Mets preview with the triumphant return of Outfield Avenue Audio (yes, we know we said we'd start with the infield, but we rarely stick to plans). Jeffrey says mean things about Eric Young despite his plans to only say nice things about Eric Young. Meanwhile, Rob is bullish on Curtis Granderson. Then, Liz Roscher of The Good Phight joins the show and has to put up with Jeffrey's merciless trolling of the Phillies offseason. Finally, we wrap up with your e-mail (singular) about playing for 2014, and whether Terry Collins can get the extra 2% out of the Mets. We hope Jonah Keri appreciates the free plug.
In the “I guess apparently this is the Mel Rojas edition” edition, it’s slim pickings for both Mets news and Mets uniform numbers. That’s never stopped Rob and Jeffrey before though. On the agenda for this week: disparaging the Dice-K … Continue reading →
In Episode 54, Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus stops by the show to chat about his Mets Top 10 prospect list. Unsurprisingly, Jeffrey and he spend almost the entire time talking about Dominican teenagers, or prospects that were at one time Dominican teenagers.
In the “Sid Fernandez was the best baseball player from Hawaii, unless you give extra credit for hilarious GIFs” edition, Jeffrey eats a burrito, Rob relives childhood trauma, and we talk a whole lot about the entire Davis family. There’s … Continue reading →
In the Ralph Kiner edition, Jeffrey and Matt reminisce about Ralph, Sunday afternoon baseball, and WWOR. We also answer your emails on Mets prospects and potential TRAIDs the Mets should consider in 2014 before wrapping up with our take on … Continue reading →
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- Curious Times (36 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (32 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (20 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (14 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (12 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (11 chatters)
- Love Productions (11 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (11 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (9 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (8 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (5 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (5 chatters)
- El Maat (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (4 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (3 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- ETA (2 chatters)
- Keep It Real Daily (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (1 chatters)
- WRESTLE RAMA (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Linda Mooney (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SciFi4Me Live From the Bunker (1 chatters)
- Inviting Love (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- CHOIICE ENTERTAINMENT (0 chatters)