SORT BY Relevancy
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Domestic Violence Awareness Month, a time for the community to come together and build awareness and a movement towards safe and healthy relationships for all individuals and families. Domestic violence touches every person in our community and society as a whole; and violates a person’s dignity, safety, and basic human rights. Stand up as a champion for survivors and join the movement for a safer and healthier community
October has been deemed as National Disability Employment Awareness Month. The Abilities WORKS! Project is presneting the 1St Annual Economic & Employment Empowerment Summit to educate persons with disabilities on employment issues and the role they play infosteringa disability-friendly work culture.
Join us to find out more about the summit that will take place October 17, 2013.
in Self Help
October is "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH"
This is a time of the year that Domestic Abuse and Domestic Violence is given special attention almost everywhere. Although this is appreciated of the recognition in October, there are victims being abused around the year and continuous and sometimes seeming hopeless...
What are you plannning to do this month to contribute to the AWARENESS OF DOMESTIC ABUSE and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?
Join Queen Warrior as she share several ways you can be a part of this movement to EDUCATE, ACKNOWLEDGE, PARTNER WITH AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A VICTIM/SURVIVOR.
Welcome Everyone!!! Today we will be discussing Suicide Awareness Month. Alot of times when we think of Suicide we think of people whom are depressed, on drugs, etc. But recently over the past few years we have seen More and More Suicides take place with our Youth. The reasons for this ranges from their being issues of bullying, depression, and unstable households. Also beside the youth a large number of Military Veterans are also taking their lives, due to PTSD ( Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and not being able to cope with normal every day things due to being in war zones, and being traumatized. Alot of Military find it hard to function, and most are not up to seeking out professional counseling for these issues. Today we discuss this and More!
Before we end this month of October which is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we would like to have this show as a means to offer our listeners a platform to speak out against it. Just call 713-955-0708 and listen in or share with us your testimony. Love&Service
September is Life Insurance Awareness Month
There’s a growing crisis of too many Americans not having adequate life insurance protection. According to the industry research group LIMRA, 30 percent of US households have no life insurance whatsoever. Today there are 11 million fewer American households covered by life insurance compared with six years ago. Here’s the bottom line: A majority of families either have no life insurance or not enough, leaving them one accident or terminal illness away from a financial catastrophe for their loved ones.
Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com) is the hostess of Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio on behalf of the Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition. On this episode, she takes us on a journey out of Middle Passage Month into Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Awareness Month in the Gullah/Geechee Nation. To in to learn how you can participate.
Disya da we sho-Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio!
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts: Angela Thomas, and Rodney Smith with special guess' Nina Bailey & Larry Reid.
Our Topic(s) today: “Breast Cancer and Domestic Awareness.”
Breast Cancer Awareness
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go and need your help! For more information, click here: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month?gclid=CMnxxfnBo7oCFc1xQgod1VkAng
Domestic violence may include not only the intimate partner relationships of spousal, live-in partners and dating relationships, also familial, elder and child abuse may be present in a violent home. Abuse generally falls into one or more of the following categories: physical battering, sexual assault and emotional or psychological abuse, and generally escalates over a period of time. click here for more information: http://www.ncadv.org/learn/TheProblem.php
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (63 chatters)
- Curious Times (33 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- Love Productions (17 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- The View from Montana (13 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (11 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (10 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (7 chatters)
- civilalert (6 chatters)
- HoneySoul (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (6 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- PatriotWatchdog (5 chatters)
- The Life Oasis Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (5 chatters)
- UCC Show (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Growl Radio (4 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (3 chatters)
- Grandstand University Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- WVIPW (3 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (3 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (3 chatters)
- Taliesin McKnight (2 chatters)
- Shay and Tyler and Friends (2 chatters)
- shegeebee (2 chatters)
- Soul Interaction Radio (2 chatters)
- The Sunday Hangover Podcast (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Jets Beat (2 chatters)
- This Man Woman Thang (2 chatters)
- Mana Talk (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- Enter 907 Live (2 chatters)
- churchboi (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drinkfive Podcast (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- AMCPress and Co (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Casey Wheeler (1 chatters)
- Because Women Are Amazing (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Never a Niche Live (1 chatters)
- THA BARXDAR (1 chatters)
- The AE System The Ministry of Hair (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Readings By Gwendolyn (1 chatters)