SORT BY Relevancy
The President of the Association of Independent Property Brokers and Agents (AIPBA) took a bold new step at the recent Mid-America Trucking Show toward transparency in broker-trucker relations, addressing numerous industry problems such as e-logs, driver harassment, driver pay and ethics in the transportation industry.
James Lamb has introduced the Small Business in Transportation Coalition to the trucking industry, which encourages the formation of new partnerships between truckers and brokers as members of the same small business supply chain team.
Mr. Lamb is stating that transparency should be voluntary and left to market
forces to embrace the new paradigm. He is willing to lead by example as serving as the General Manager of the newly formed brokerage firm: 12PL, as he continues to work toward building support for small business in transportation.
As President also of DOT Authority, Mr. Lamb joins us as our special guest to discuss the "New Deal" and his push for small brokers to be more transparent in their businesses with truck drivers, as well as designing the trucking coalition in order to raise driver pay and improve safety compliance.
Can a “New Deal” of Broker Transparency solve related problems in the trucking industry such as low profits and wages and reduce fraud? Did the $75,000 bond increase, intended to reduce broker fraud, actually hurt owner operators and small business and If so, how?
Did the bond help reduce broker fraud at all? Learn who is the first broker to embrace the idea of rate transparency: join us as we discuss “Broker Fraud and the fight for Transparency” as James Lamb,CEO of DOTAuthority.com; President, AIPBA and General Manager of 12PL, returns as our special guest to continue the discussion and explain solutions.
We welcome those who oppose “Broker Rate Transparency” or have questions, to feel free to post them below on the comment section or call in to share your views as well: 347-826-9170.
James Lamb is President of the Association of Independent Property Brokers and Agents (AIPBA) and a former New York State Department of Transportation Motor Carrier Investigator.
Included in the Highway Bill, known as MAP-21 that was passed in 2012, is the act to raise the broker bond to $75,000. James Lamb has been fighting the act since day one.
Mr. Lamb submitted a 10-page exemption request to the FMCSA that would relieve all property brokers and freight forwarders from the $75,000 bond provision within the trucking industry.
The FMCSA accepted comments to the request which recently ended on January 26, 2014 and the AIPBA continues its work to have the bond repealed. Will the FMCSA override the requirement in accordance with their lawful exemption authority duly granted to them by Congress?
Mr. Lamb joins us as our special guest to share their accomplishments and to bring us all up-to-date on the broker bond issue.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (90 chatters)
- Yada (46 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (37 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (36 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (27 chatters)
- in5d (20 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- John Baptist (14 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (13 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (9 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (8 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (6 chatters)
- Straitway (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- Authentic You Radio (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Show (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- WDKK Radio (3 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Poetic Designs Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)
- AFRICAN AMERICAN TALK RADIO (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (0 chatters)