SORT BY Relevancy
Your Hosts BadGirl PollyAnna & GoodGirl Janella present: Aileen Wuornos Life Story NAME: Aileen Wuornos OCCUPATION: Serial Killer BIRTH DATE: February 29, 1956 DEATH DATE: October 09, 2002 PLACE OF BIRTH: Rochester, Michigan PLACE OF DEATH: Florida State Prison, Florida Best Known For An abused child who later earned her living as a sex worker, Aileen Wuornos was found guilty of killing six men and was later executed in a Florida prison.
Aileen Wuornos, a hitchhiking prostitute, shot, killed, and robbed seven men in remote Florida locations. Arrested in 1991, Wuornos insisted she had acted in self-defense, but the jury condemned her to death and she was executed in 2002.An abused runaway who turned to prostitution to survive, Wuornos has become iconic of vengeful women who lash out at the nearest target. She has also become a touchstone for women’s, prostitutes' and prisoners’ rights advocates. Her story became the basis for the 2003 movie Monster, for which Charlize Theron won an Academy Award. Dear Dawn is Wuornos’s autobiography culled from her ten-year death row correspondence with beloved childhood friend Dawn Botkins. Authorized for publication by Wuornos and edited under the guidance of Botkins, the letters not only offer Wuornos’s riveting reflections on the murders, legal battles, and media coverage, but go further, revealing her fears and obsessions, her humor and empathy, and her gradual disintegration as her execution approached. DEAR DAWN-Daphne Gottlieb
Host Cyrus WEbb welcomes author Aileen McCabe to Conversations LIVE to discuss not just her own journey to inner peace but why she decided to share it in the book THE INNER PEACE DIET.
Life Changing Insights with Dr. Alan Simberg with his guest Judy Flickinger & Aileen McCabe-Maucher
In her book, Spirit Matters, Judy Flickinger offers a seldom-considered but all-important perspective on what really matters at the end of life. As a retired hospice nurse turned author, Judy focuses on the importance of keeping the spirit—the person inside the dying body—alive and well during the course of a life-limiting illness.Spirit Matters exposes the motives, misconceptions, and lack of knowledge that often prevent dying people from receiving the type of care that can create and maintain a healthy spirit. http://www.spiritmattersauthor.com/
Aileen McCabe-Maucher is the author of the book “The Inner Peace Diet” which was published by Penguin Books and released in December 2008.
Aileen is a licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist who has helped many people find inner peace and discover their unique life purpose. Aileen has worked for over fifteen years as a licensed psychotherapist and registered nurse providing individual and group counseling to a diverse client population. http://www.theinnerpeacediet.com/
in Self Help
Lifes Issues with Lloyd Rosen and his guest Phila Vocia & Aileen McCabe-Maucher.
Phila Vocia spent the school age years of my life preparing according to what we could afford, in terms of education and training, to work. And believe you me, I have been working, working, working. I have a website www.sensiblework.com . Only to find out that there are economic forces that the common man or woman can't fight. Keep the bills low and enjoy the status of life that you are in. If you can easily move up the ladder do it, but don't put yourself in too much debt. It's best to get an affordable roof over your head before you're too old and tired to accomplish a safe, secure old age. I subcontracted 2 homes, have been a landlady, even a constuction laborer. I have done many clerical jobs in the workforce and sales jobs, and marketing and owned an auto supply store.
Aileen McCabe-Maucher is the author of the book The Inner Peace Diet which was published by Penguin Books and released in December 2008. Aileen is a licensed clinical social worker, registered nurse and registered yoga teacher who lives and works in Wilmington, Delaware. She is currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Pennsylvania and loves showing people how to relax and tune into their own deepest wisdom. When she is not teaching, counseling clients or carting her family around town in her Honda Element, Aileen is fervently working on her dissertation and/or burning dinner. Please visit Aileen’s website at theinnerpeacediet.com to receive a free The Inner Peace Diet ebooklet.
January Jones with The Inner Peace Diet
Aileen McCabe-Maucher is the author of the books The Inner Peace Diet (Penguin, 2008) and Find Your Life Purpose Now: Recipes for Making Your Dreams Come True (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2013) Aileen is a licensed clinical social worker, registered nurse and registered yoga teacher who lives and works in Wilmington, Delaware.
She is currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Pennsylvania and loves showing people how to relax and tune into their own deepest wisdom. When she is not teaching, counseling clients or carting her family around town in her Honda Element, Aileen is fervently working on her dissertation and/or burning dinner. Please visit Aileen’s website at
www.theinnerpeacediet.com to receive free content and resources from her first book.
Join us as we welcome author, inspirational coach and leader Aileen Gibb.
Author Aileen Gibb has written a new book titled; "Voices."
Her work as an inspirational coach and leader has taken her all around the world. From the middle east, to France, to Venezuela, Aileen has worked with leaders and teams to uncover new possibilities and to seek new results.
Her work is a result of her new book "Voices."
Tune in as we welcome author Aileen Gibb and dive into her book, "Voices."
Stay tuned and keep it locked.
We're chatting all about moms and Mother's Day on today's episode of the Ask MomRN Show!
All Allyson and her friends want is a peaceful, grown-up evening of dinner and conversation . . . a long-needed moms' night out. But in order to enjoy high heels, adult conversation and food not served in a paper bag, they need their husbands to watch the kids for three hours—what could go wrong? MOMS' NIGHT OUT is an endearing true-to-life family comedy that celebrates the beautiful mess called parenting.
The Moms' Night Out movie opens this week on May 9th, just in time for Mother's Day, and stars Patricia Heaton, Sean Astin, Sarah Drew, Andrea Logan White and Trace Adkins. We have as our special guests today, actress Andrea Logan White and director Andy Erwin.
Need Mother's Day cards? Greeting card expert and designer, Bonnie Marcus, shares her new line of cards and tells how we can make awesome cards for mom.
Gift expert Aileen Avery shares the history of Mother's Day and has great gift ideas that are sure to put a smile on any mom's face!
Whether you are a brand new parent or have teenagers leaving the nest in a few short years, MomRN has advice, support, and encouragement to help you on your journey through parenthood. Her expertise has helped thousands of parents as they strive to be the best parents they can be. Join MomRN and her expert guests each week for practical advice for raising a happy, healthy family.
in Self Help
Aileen Gibb is an inspirational coach, facilitator and leader. She's worked with leaders and teams in Kazakhstan, Venezuela, the Middle East, France, Angola and in many companies in the UK and North America, to uncover new possibilities and transform results. Wherever she's traveled, she's been amazed at the power of coaching-style conversations and the choices people make to become more successful in their work and to live more fulfilling lives.
She shares with VOL that she is from the small village of Fyvie, in North East Scotland and has lived for the past twelve years amidst the rocky mountains in Canmore, Alberta, Canada with her husband, Jake and two boxer dogs. Her recent book, VOICES, is a series of connected coaching stories which reflect many of the real-life choices people might consider making in order to live the life they truly wish for. All the stories are fiction and Aileen's hope is that one of the stories – or one of the questions in one of the stories – might resonate with someone's life story and invite him or her to make a choice. The coaching stories are interwoven with the musings of a future-guide who travels to and from a parallel time,
ethal Intent reveals Aileen’s devastating double abandonment by her mother before she was age two, the crimes of her father, and the myriad events that helped set her path of destruction. It even contests the widespread superficial judgment of Wuornos as a “man-hating lesbian” via insights from men with whom she shared sexual and romantic relationships. Lethal Intent also explores the dynamics of her fateful relationship with Tyria Moore, the lesbian lover who knew Aileen was killing yet stayed by her side, and how those dynamics moved her closer to a life of murder. And much, much more…
Grilliant Ideas Radio With Foodie Friends!
This week We will be talking about growing things in the garden this Saturday with Anne Of Green Gardens (Anne Schellman) Tune In and give your green thumbs a few lessons. www.AnneofGreenGardens.com
Our second guest Amanda Aileen Fisher will be joining us to talk about her Great NC BBQ Map Project! We think the Idea is Grilliant! Join us and find out how many BBQ places exist in NC and how Amanda is putting this map all together... and don't BBQ lovers, go support Amanda on her Kickstarter project!! www.facebook.com/thegreatbbqmap
Our Special Musical Guest This Saturday is our Buddy Nick Moss of the Nick Moss Band!! Nick is releasing his 10th album on 3/18 and we will be playing a few tracks and talking about their new music and also about BBQ! (Nick's second favorite topic) http://www.nickmoss.com
in Self Help
Tonight's special guest is Sue Russell from California, an award-winning journalist and author of the newly updated "Lethal Intent," a biography of abused child and serial killer Aileen Wuornos. A truly fascinating work, Sue obviously has worked hard to understand Wuornos and how her childhood, upbringing, adolescence and early life drove her to shooting seven men .. and eventually led her to a death by lethal injection in 2002. Recently Sue was in touch with Todd Matthews of the NamUs.gov organization, who appeared as a SCAN special guest last week. The body of one of Wuornos's victims (she confessed to killing him) has never been found. Todd discovered that this victim's info had not been added into the national database (there are some 40,000 unidentified bodies/sets of remains in the US). Ms Russell will have a lot to share with us owing to her interests and sheer body of work. Her more than 1,500 articles have been published in many of the most prestigious periodicals and well-known newspapers. Sue's past topics include forensic science, wrongful convictions, fingerprint bias, eyewitness identifications, false confessions, animal rights law, gangs, and arson investigations. "Lethal Intent" was just reissued and fully updated as a paperback and eBook. In addition, CUNY Journalism Press will publish "The Illustrated Courtroom: 50 Years of Court Art," co-authored with illustrator Elizabeth Williams, in spring 2014. It features five award-winning artists' work and numerous trials (Jack Ruby, the New York Black Panthers, Charles Manson, Michael Jackson, etc.).
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- John Baptist (97 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (43 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (15 chatters)
- DDP Radio (15 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- canadianglen (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (9 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (8 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (7 chatters)
- Station IWDM (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (5 chatters)
- FSF Radio (5 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (4 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (4 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Randomness with Robert Boner Again (3 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (3 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (3 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (3 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- YenYang (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)