SORT BY Relevancy
Every competitive runner works hard to improve running speed. Often, these attempts lead to injury and often progress is elusive. Richard Diaz shares his training secrets for achieving running speed for various events from the mile to the Spartan Beast.
This episode is perfect for runners of all distances. The advice provided is a result of decades of field testing, comprehensive work in diaz human performances lab on athletes of all shapes, size and sports; from Sprinters to Ultra Marathon runners. The path to successful speed begins with some critical first steps. Be sure to tune in!
Will running keep you young? As we get older should we walk instead? Many people assume they need to quit running as they get older, fearful of causing injury. Is it healthier to walk and does walking spare our joints? Are you too old to run a marathon?
We’ll give you some insight into these questions and you’ll be surprised to learn the scientific facts. This is an interesting topic for anyone who is running over the age of 45 and has experienced running related injuries.
The Running Shoe Industry does not design shoes that help us perform better and safer; they make shoes based on market research and fashion trends. Listen as Jay Dicharry PT and gait analyst helps us sort through the confusion of running shoe selection. The industry served up high heels, heavy cushioned shoes for nearly 30 years. They then did an about face and went minimalist to chase the trend. Now they have turned back to heavily cushioned shoes. Clearly we, they or both are sorely confused! Nothing could be worse for a marathon runner than to shift from one extreme to the other and back again. Jay Dicharry is one of the most knowledgeable experts in the field of running mechanics today. This is a great show for all runners to hear.
Runners get injured, often needlessly. Join Richard Diaz and his guest Jason Fitzgerald-USATF Certified Running Coach as they share insights into the cause of most running related injuries and the misconceptions of what does NOT prevent these injuries.
If you have been sidelined by running injuries, incapable of finishing a marathon and are unsure why you often plagued by reoccurring problems with your run, this is a show you don’t want to miss. Some of the information may surprise you, the solutions are simple to employ and may be what is needed to get you back on track and running with confidence once again.
Running a Marathon is tough, when it takes 5 hours, even tougher. Richard Diaz shares tips with a runner who struggles to break the 5 hour barrier. Marathon Running Tips that focus on what to do and how to feed when the race takes longer than planned.
Look at any major Marathon and you’ll see that greater than half of the participants run within the 5 hour range. This may be because more and more people are meeting the challenge than ever before. Unfortunately, there is little information provided for these runners. Most of what is written on training focuses on runners who hope to run in the sub-4 hour finish time. One of our listeners asked that we address this problem and serve up some running tips. If you are running a marathon for the first time, or have struggled when you are beyond 20 miles, this show is for you!
An Interview with Dr Nicholas Romanov, author and creator of The Pose Method of Running. Dr Romanov is arguably one of the first running coaches to identify the importance of shifting to a Natural Running style to reduce injuries and improve performance.
Pose Running is named relative to the “Pose” position a runner creates as the initiate proper running technique which is describes as an “S” like body position with slightly bent knees with the driving leg lifting the foot under the hip. The matra is Pose-Fall-Pull. This technique allows gravity to act as the primary force of forward movement. Being that our show is named The Natural Running Network Live, this interview should make for a very interesting as well as informative for our audience.
Many runners are afraid to change the way they run even though they are plagued with running injuries. Richard Diaz and guest Peter Faletto, PT, gait correction expert, explain how a runner would change the way they run to reduce injury and improve performance.
Both Richard and Peter are highly experienced in the practice of neuromuscular re-education through a very unique system of unweighting and passively correcting poor gait mechanics while in motion. Any runner who is engaged in marathon training, half marathon training or even high intensity sprint speed athletics should tune into this episode.
Listen to this Pan-African Journal worldwide radio broadcast hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. This edition features our regular PANW reports examining developments surrounding MLK Day 2015 in the United States as well as events in Yemen, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia and Tunisia. The second hour continues our monthlong tribute to the 86th anniversary of the birth of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who was commemorated across the country this week. In the final hour an archived edition of the Jan. 4, 2015 Pan-African Journal New York City version will be highlighted. The program was hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe and produced by Bernard White of Community Progressive Radio CPRMetro.org in New York City.
Listen to this special edition of the Pan-African Journal worldwide radio broadcast hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. We will bring to you our regular PANW segment featuring reports on developments in South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria and Greece. In the second and third hours we conclude our series commemorating the 86th birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We examine the rapid political and ideological developments within the philosophical and activist framework of the martyred Civil Rights leader during the last year of his life.
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, Jan. 22nd, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss the documentary “Light Girls” & Colorism in The African American Community and much more. Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375.
1) Florida police use images of Black Men for Target Practice. What do you think about this? 2) We’ll discuss President Obama’s State of The Union Address. Did he say what you wanted to hear? 3) Did you see the documentary “Light Girls” Monday night on OWN? What did you think of the documentary and “colorism” in the African American community? 4) We’ll play excerpts of Michael Imhotep’s presentation “The Distortion of The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: The Revolutionary Will Not Be Televised”. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/01/23/the-documentary-light-girls-colorism-in-the-african-american-community or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
Listen to this special broadcast of the Pan-African Journal hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. This program features our regular PANW reports dealing with issues relevant to the concerns of African people and the international community in general. In the second hour we highlight writer Chi'Visual Arts, Falan Johnson, based in Dallas, who reads some of her work as well as reflections on factors motivating young publishers. Later we talk to Bluesologist Norman Otis Richmond of Toronto discussing the film "Selma," the anti-racist struggle in North America and the ongoing Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) television mini-series "The Book of Negroes." We continue the commemoration of the 86th birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. examining his anti-war and social justice legacy leading up to his assassination in April 1968.
Listen to this edition of the Pan-African Journal hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. The program highlights our PANW reports on developments in Africa surrounding the demonstrations by Muslims against a French satirical magazine and other issues. In the second hour we will examine the anti-war legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as we continue our commemorations of the 86th anniversary of his birth. Finally, the broadcast in its final hour will feature the Pan-African Journal New York City version which aired originally over Community Progressive Radio on Jan. 12. This program is hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe and produced by Bernard White of CPRMetro.org
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (74 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (68 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (21 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (16 chatters)
- MABIM (14 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (12 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (12 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (10 chatters)
- We Built That Network (9 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (6 chatters)
- BrewCityBall Radio (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- In Todays America (4 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (4 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (3 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- Papa Lou (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- The Patriot Media Network (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (1 chatters)
- Jesus My Rock (1 chatters)
- In the Authors Corner with Etienne (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- Splashhhh (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Northern Wellness (1 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (0 chatters)