SORT BY Relevancy
Centro Latino for Literacy (Centro Latino) celebrates the accomplishments of adult literacy graduates whose drive and persistence to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic is nothing short of inspirational.
This evening Manuel Pastor, Ph.D., Co-Director, USC Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration will be recognized as our 2014 Literacy Champion at our Pre Graduation Contributor’s Reception. Dr. Pastor, a strong adult literacy advocate, has helped raise the profile of Centro Latino’s adult literacy solutions.
The graduation celebration will feature Keynote Speaker, Oscar E. Cruz, President and CEO at Families in Schools, and MC, Azalea Iñiguez, News Reporter at Telemundo 52 KVEA Los Angeles.
For information contact:
President & CEO
Centro Latino for Literacy
1709 W. 8th Street, Suite A
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Give a up close& personal a journey through the life of Jesus' Christ, name,birth,childhood, adult life! Jesus' teaching, we will list each theme as needed,each serie will enclude his heights etc.
Adult learners, employees, and veterans ask Dr Applewhite about whether depression is a serious disability? Our students, including those who are Veterans ask: Are suicide prevention programs working? How do you know if you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts? These are the questions many adult students, including Student Veterans, are asking as they witness more reports of depression and suicide attempts on college campuses. In consideration, that over 70% of college students are categorized as adult or non-traditional students, there is concern that education and awareness is not very accessible to this group. Dr. Danita Applewhite and guests question whether the type of suicide prevention information available is addressing how stress, depression, disability can lead to suicide. In addition, many adult learners are completing online classes and degrees while managing the responsibility of a family, pressures at work, and physical and emotional challenges. Obviously, they need as much or even more support than the average student, especially Student Veterans adjusting to civilian life. Join our Special Guests Melinda Vail, Intuitive Therapist and Steve Schiro, Educator as they share information on the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention "Out of the Darkness Walks". Would you please send your donation of at least $10 or more to continue our radio broadcasts, and help our students and Veterans with disabilities reach their education and workforce goals? Visit www.whiteappleinstitute.org and click on DONATE. Click on Radio to listen to episodes of the Student2Teacher ™ radio show any day of the week.
Join the Pajama Party Crew for lively, humorous conversation on today's hottest topics, commentaries, TV and movie reviews and more. We've got Poppa DD with "Living for the City" and "What's Poppin," Ketel with the Weird News and the Hollywood Wrap Up and Redwine with "I'm Just Saying."
Each week, we feature a "Cocktail of the Week" and the world-famous "Kiss It List" where we call out people or organizations who got on our last nerves and deserve to be told to just KISS IT!
We have guests, and our callers and we do it all with our special brand of humor, so don't miss a single episode!
Follow us on Twitter @aPajamaParty and visit our website www.aPajamaParty.com anytime to listen to the show archives or find out about the Pajama Party Crew.
1. What percentage of Americans smoke on a daily basis? 20 percent, one in five.
2. What percentage of American high school students use tobacco? 20 percent, more than one in five, 5% of middle school students smoke.
3. How many adult Americans have used an illegal drug at some point in their lives?: a) 70,000 b) 700,000 c) 7,000,000 d) 70,000,000 Answer: d
4. Can drug use modify your brain? Yes.
5. True or false: Nicotine is NOT an addictive substance. False
6. How can alcohol abuse affect memory loss and dementia? Alcohol abuse can lead to or increase both.
EXAMPLES OF DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: 1. How do drugs give people pleasure? Drugs are rewarding because they directly or indirectly stimulate the brain’s natural reward system and cause dopamine to be released. Dr. Steven Hyman: “Drugs are much more reliable and potent than normal stimuli. Instead of running that marathon, or for a scientist, working for months and writing a good paper and getting it accepted—a lot of work for a little dopamine in the brain—people who use drugs find that they can literally short-circuit all of these natural processes.”
2. Why do some people fall quickly into addiction, while others can experi- ment and then walk away? Dr. Hyman: “You know, it’s hardly heroic that we use alcohol well. And there’s no special act of will. And this gets back to the issue of vulnerability. That is, people who will take drugs enough to potentially get addicted seem to seek them out and enjoy them. They seem to have fewer warning signs.” Dr. Alan Leshner: “It’s not true that you take a drug and you become addicted for the rest of your life. Some people do. Most people don’t. However, most people (who routinely use) ultimately will become addicted to an addicting substance.
The MarXman - Spokenword Artist 2:15pm
The MarXman is a Queens born MC with a performance foundation built upon spoken word. His early stage credits include The Nuyorican Poet’s Café, BET’s Lyric Café, The Apollo Theater, and countless stages across the country. Building a reputation for precise lyricism and intense stage presence, the MarXman dove into the city’s social scene in 2008 as Sales Director of Grae Enterprises, LLC. In the Spring of 2010 he released his first solo project titled the NeXt: the MiXtape (www.themarxman.bandcamp.com).
S. Rob - R&B Artist 3:15pm
When asked to describe his sound R&B singer Sean Robinson, also known as "S. Rob" says, "it's called, "The New Grown Folk Music." There's a new breed of adult. The original Hip Hop generation that still likes a little knock, a little "boom bap" under their music. That's who I'd like and am trying to appeal to. We don't have any new male R&B artist that appeal to us, the closest we have is Trey Songz and he's dope, but he's marketed to a much younger demographic."
CAZZ ADULT RADIO SIN CITY SEX LOVE RELATIONSHIPS
KINGDOM UNITED MINISTRIES NETWORK Monthly Cyber Service Broadcast "Kingdom Kids Network":
On the 4th Saturday of each month @ 10:00 am EST
Call (914) 803-4491 to listen live and visit our website for archives.
Brought to you by: Kingdom United Ministries Network
Ebola, Peer pressure, Terrorist & Bullies, Oh My! They're all around us. Everywhere we turn the threat or fear of danger is all around us. How do we deal with the overwhelming amount of the fears facing our generation? Is there a way to overcome them? Join us for our LIVE broadcast of this months "Kingdom Kids Network!" Invite others and give us a call (with permission from an adult) @ (914) 803-4491 and press (1) when you'd like to speak. And visit our page at Kingdom United Ministries Network. You are welcome!
Tune into the "grown zone" at The Relations Slow Jamz and Adult Talk Show with host Lady Jakie, Mr. Naz and Hassan Black. Check out some of the best in yesterdays and today's R&B slow jamz with exclusive adult talk. This week Lady Jackie goes in on the difference between "Sexuality vs Sensuality". It goes down this Wednesday at 7:00pm at Shadow Worldz Radio at Blog Talk Radio.
WEST INDIES CRICKET IN CRISIS...Is it the end of an era?
With special Guest Ivor Henry
Introduced by Ben Manning
Manning was professionally coached as a child until a back accident meant he could not persue the game, however - he has commentated (as a collector and devotee of the game) with the BBC and for Somerset county cricket club's radio commentary - some of which can be found on youtube. The Murali Kartik incident in 2012 achieved 13,000 listens on youtube. His proudest moment was to be coached by Norman Cowans and the late Wilf Slack (England cricketers of the early eighties ) as a child, but as an adult his proudest moment was when he attended the memorial service of the late Christopher Martin Jenkins - "CMJ" - at St Pauls Cathedral in 2013.
Join Host Live Chats
- Holger Awakens (23 chatters)
- Ministry Of Agriculture (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (16 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (14 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (10 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (7 chatters)
- Shetaut Neter (6 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (5 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (5 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (4 chatters)
- REAL TALK LIVE 216 (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (3 chatters)
- Fins Radio (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- KimberleyJ (3 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Holy Ghost Healing Explosion Shows (1 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)