SORT BY Relevancy
The Empowerment Zone - Creativity after dis/ABILITY - With LesPaul
Did you know there are thousands of people with disabilities working all over the United States and in other Countries fighting to help ensure a better future for people disabilities? Well, there are! The Empowerment Zone Was created to help people with disabilities find the resources, services, and learn the skills that it takes, after having a disability to help empower yourself to reach your goals and live your dreams no matter what!
I Am a Certified Peer Support Specialist And a survivor of multiple brain injuries, aneurysms an AVM, a coma, and survivor and multiple rare surgeries. I don't think lightly of the fact that there are many people with disabilities living in deep poverty and neglec with out work. I say our time is now 2014!!!
I Work for a Center for Independent Living Called Walton Options for Independent Living which a place where we use the four core services of our center which are 1, Information and referral, 2, Advocacy 3, Independent Living Skills 4, Peer Support.
In these four core services lies the meat and potatoes of the independent living movement, which is people with disabilities powered, community inclusion based, and a federal mandate in all 50 states and US teritories based on the civil rights for people with disabilities act, known as the ADA the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We are fighting for our rights and standing strong and firm in the belife that all people are created equally and reclaim ourselves as people of pupose as we strive to help others to get out of nursing homes, to work in the community, to get out of sheltered workshops, to bring down the Iron Curtain of dismay in disability, and start holding accountable the agencies that are supposed to support us and start taking control of our destiny. Now as survivors as people who struggled and fought for victory and face the challenge!
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- OPWR (11 chatters)
- Our Common Ground (7 chatters)
- AIM Central Texas (7 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Susan Larison Danz (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Enlightened 30 (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- 1 Union 801 TheWebcast (2 chatters)
- Word Alive (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- Notorious P I G (1 chatters)
- Olive Branch Ministries (1 chatters)
- Tammy Jones Gibbs (1 chatters)
- TaylorPhillips (1 chatters)
- Political Justice (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)