SORT BY Relevancy
Save the Date: Sat. July 30. The Rocky Horror Outdoor Experience
Today on A Thousand Moms Talk: Rocky Horror, The Unconventional Convention. Join us as we kick off the event of the summer. That’s Rocky Horror Under the Stars for A Thousand Moms. Book the date: Saturday, July 30. Today we’ll talk with members of the Whip it Outskirts and A Thousand Moms staff about how we’ve come together and what this night means for lgbt/q youth. Today on A Thousand Moms talk.
SPECIAL TIME: 8:30PM EST...Join the parties, from Sag Harbor to Buffalo, as we cheer on our friend and ally Claire Buffie, Miss New York, to victory in the Miss America contest. Claire's platform is "Straight for Equality" and she's be a great supporter of A Thousand Moms. We'll be celebrating and invite you to join in, to call us, to make a pledge, send a word of support. Call in: 518 322-0607 or dial in directly to the show at 917 388-4649.
While life gets better for millions of gays, the number of homeless LGBT teens - many cast out by their religious families - quietly keeps growing
Horrific stories of rejection of gay youth by their families have filled the news lately. And the statistics reflect the reports.
Today we discuss troubling new statistics from the LA Commuinity Center, the Williams Institute, a detailed study from Rolling Stone Magazine.
Progress for the community overall often has an inverse effect on gay youth. Listen and learn why.
Important. Please support A Thousand Moms and our work for LGBT youth and their families: Send a donation by check (fully tax-deductible) to NAFFC/A Thousand Moms, 2367 Curry Road, Schenectady NY 12303. Thank you!!!
Fresh from the pages of A Thousand Moms Daily...yes, our daily e-newspaper. Read it every day at www.athousandmoms.org.
Special podcast: Our Fifth Anniversary!
Listen to a special podcast, available live at 5:00 pm, Sat. February 22 and on demand after. We'll celebrate the work of Marcia Novey, our co-founder, our earliest and current supporters, our great events, our best podcast (and funniest). Make a tax-deductible donation to our efforts by clicking here. We greatly appreciate your support as we educate families and give voice to gay youth in foster/adoptive care.Thank you from our Moms' hearts.
Prop 8 to First Friend: Our Fifth Anniversary Countdown
A Thousand Moms Talk is made possible by the support of listeners like you. Support our programs for gay youth in foster/adoptive care by visiting our website, www.athousandmoms.org. That's www.athousandmoms.org
A Thousand Moms Talk turns 5 years old today. It’ a time to look back at our most popular show...and look ahead to the future direction of A thousand Moms.
The most amazing moment in Mrs. Doubtfire isn't when poor Robin Williams is stuffed into his pantyhose and cumbersome padding beside a swimming pool on a hot day, or when his Mrs. Doubtfire “boobs” almost catch fire, or even—in the extended sequence that leads to his unmasking as the father to his children as well as their female Scottish nanny—when he dashes around a restaurant furiously getting in and out of drag.
It comes right at the end in a voiceover, and it is—for a Hollywood film—a radical ending in every way: an ending that does not see a husband and wife reunite, or a broken family glued back together. Instead, a new kind of mainstream movie family takes shape—two separated parents, united by their much-loved children.
And then, after that, Mrs. Doubtfire herself gives a speech that emphasizes the various definitions of what “family” can encompass.
The significance of this is in the film’s year of release: 1993 was in the white heat of the culture wars, the year after arch-homophobe Pat Buchanan addressed the Republican National Convention to tell the assembled that the agenda that Bill and Hillary Clinton “would impose on America—abortion on demand, a litmus test for the Supreme Court, homosexual rights, discrimination against religious schools, women in combat—that’s change, all right. But it is not the kind of change America wants. It is not the kind of change America needs. And it is not the kind of change we can tolerate in a nation that we still call God’s country.”
Support A Thousand Moms by clicking here.
HBO recently aired "The Case vs 8," a documentary of the 5-year trials and hearings that eventually led to the Supreme Court ruling invalidating California's Proposition 8.
Today we hear excerpts of interviews with the plaintiffs and the lawyers. You'll hear astounding, pathbreaking language and comments probably unheard of just years ago.
And these messages speak to the heart of the work of A Thousand Moms.
Back to our popular Too Cool News format. Three topics:
Justin Aaberg's 19th Birthday. A celebration with Tammy Aaberg. Kitty Genovese: LGBT history uncovered after 50 years. Gay humor.
Information, history, and fun.
Special thanks toMusic by Mike and Amy: Shift the Paradigm Visit: http://mikeandamyshifttheparadigm.bandcamp.com/
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (94 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (36 chatters)
- in5d (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (24 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (18 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (17 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (17 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Curious Times (12 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (10 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (9 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (7 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (6 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (6 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (5 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- The Annette Brent Show (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- AAAL with Carole and Steve (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)