SORT BY Relevancy
A Shirley Jackson novel that was produced on film in a particularly frightening manner. Watch the trailer of a movie that was released the year I was born, yet still gives me the heebee jeebees with its well thought out direction and affects, minus the over utilized CGI affects of current horror films. Here the trailer: The Haunting (1963)
join us for a spooky look at haunted houses, ghosts, tricks of the eyes, ears, and senses (even when they are extrasensory. Things that bump in the night aren't always just a sound. It's a classic thriller to end the month of May!
The Jackson Clarion-Ledger, for example, ran a front page headline after the march that read, "Washington is Clean again with Negro Trash Removed."Newspapers,radio stations and TV stations in the south did not in general cover the March on Washington in 1963.The southern based Washington Post did not say a word about Dr King's address in the 29 August 1963 edition.Today the Post is owned by a cut-rate online bookseller.
Producer/musician & author, Anthony Robustelli has taken the music of The Beatles to a much deeper level which will be enjoyed by casual fans & the diehards. I Want To Tell You (The Definitive Guide To The Music Of The Beatles Volume 1: 1962/1963 promises AND DOES deliver an in-depth analysis of the recordings of The Beatles. Robustelli has meticulously dissected each note by musician & instrument and reported it in an addicting fashion that includes history of what the Fabs were experiencing socially during the time period. This Friday, meet author Anthony Robustelli who will answer your burning questions about the The Beatles & their musical product.
TONIGHT ON BMN RADIO WE SPEAK TO FAMILY MEMBER OF MR CLARK WHO WAS FOUND HANGING IN A TREE BY A BELT IN MARSHALL ,TEXAS MR CLARK WAS LAST SEEN AFTER HIS RELEASE FROM A POLICE STATION MARSHALL — Memorial services for Eddie Charles Clark, 51, of Marshall, will be 1:30 p.m. Saturday, August 30, 2014, at Lewis Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in McJohnson Cemetery. Mr. Clark was born March 27, 1963, in Marshall, and died August 24, 2014, in Marshall.
On August 28, 1963, hundreds of thousands descended upon our nation’s capital to make a stand against poverty and racial discrimination. The “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom” went down in history as one of the most pivotal points of change in our country’s history. One of the most notable highlights of the march was a speech delivered by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., which later became known as the “I Have a Dream” speech. In it, Dr. King cast a spot light on the social, racial and financial injustices that had plagued “the negro” since they had been “made free” exactly 100 years ago, to the day, by the Emancipation Proclamation. This past August 28 marked the 50 anniversary of that historic day and King’s historic speech. A day that is credited with being one of the most significant events that brought about The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965. But today, 50+ years later, has the dream that so many marched, bled and died for come to fruition? Is the so-called “negro” really free? Have things changed for the better or have we squandered the inheritance of our elders and given ourselves over to a new slave master, sin? Join us, as we search the Holy Bible to interpret Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream
We air programs on Blog Talk Radio at the following times: Sun 2:00pm, Mon 8:00pm, Tue 8:00pm, Wed 7:00pm, Thur 8:00pm, Fri 7:00pm & Sat 9:00am. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Barbershop Sports Network resident basketball genius Danny Thompson aka D 2.5 is back with another episode of NBA Full Court Press! On this episode D 2.5 welcomes Adam Bradley host of Hardwood Hustle and Wizards XTRA to talk Bradley Beal, John Wall and the Washington Wizards! Our host will also be joined later by Stephen Brotherson Editor and Publisher of Pro BBall Report to talk Demar Derozan, Kyle Lowry and the up and coming Toronto Raptors! Be sure and tune in tonight at 10 PM EST so you don't miss these fantastic NBA focused discussions and more! Dial 646-727-1963 or go to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/barbershopsports to listen!
"In a sense we have come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we have come to cash this check — a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice."
Martin Luther King Jr.
1963 March On Washington
a.k.a I Have A Dream Speech
The brainy & beautiful Southern belle and author of The John Lennon Series, Jude Southerland Kessler, will be my honored guest. Jude's latest volume of The John Lennon Series is She Loves You, which takes you on John's journey from May 1963 through the explosion of Beatlemania. Jude continues her narrative history of John Lennon's personal & professional life which is backed up by more documented facts than my brain can absorb. Don't miss Jude's fabulous chat!
Honoring Black History Month by bringing to you: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream Speech". FUN FACTS: It was originally recorded in the Motown Music Recording Studios, located in Detroit, Michigan, on August 28, 1963. Please Do Enjoy...
Ladies & Gentlemen -- The @NikkiXHappyHour invades #OurDamnBaseballShow & the BarberShop Sports Radio Network. Lee Vowell (@NikkiX_LEE) will be guest hosting w/ our very own Mike Esposito (@softballmike99) and you can expect a special guest appearance from Todd Vandenberg. (@NikkiX_Todd) Thomas Murphy #Murph (@TMurph207) is our special #MLB analyst for the show. All the festivities take place, while the @RealTedHicks attends the #INDvsNYJ preseason game at Met Life Stadium. You'll never ever know who could show up on Thursday's show - it's dubbed #TheTakeOver!!!
What happens when you combine the Nikki X Happy Hour and BarberShop Sports?!?!?! #WickedCombination
Catch us at 9pm ET or give us a call at 646-727-1963.
It was the day our teachers cried. Relive November 22, 1963 through the world of Luci Baines Johnson.
Join our Life Lessons team and the eloquent words of Luci Baines Johnson as we recall the darkest day in 1963...the day America lost its innocence.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (478 chatters)
- NTEB (78 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (54 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (41 chatters)
- thelordshour (31 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (27 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (25 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (24 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (22 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (18 chatters)
- Odwirafo (16 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (11 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- PAGO Radio (10 chatters)
- The View from Montana (9 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- NDB Media (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (5 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (5 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (5 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (4 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- drinkfive (4 chatters)
- Live From The Bay With Joey (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Madden NFL 15 on PlayStation4 (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (3 chatters)
- William Telltale (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Sports Rap Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)