SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome to Breathing Through Paper with your hosts Lyrical Movements and WritteninPain... Tonight, we will ask the audience -- Is Black History Month; a time of Heritage or Humiliation?
This is an Open Forum...
Open Mic Poetry Night!!
Monday's @ 11PM EST
Call In or Listen Live - 516.666.8427
I apologize to everyone this morning, as I was having serious technical difficulties getting the show going. So, once I managed to fix things, I started a new broadcast, and what an hour it was.
Tommy Bird is one of the finest story tellers I've had the pleasure to speak with, and he has promised to return again to tell us more. He shares his life from a wee boy through today working with these sled dogs we so love, stories from the trap line, his races and a few tips on how he manages his team, and why they are so very exceptional.
For those that know me, you know our motto is "Spiritual Enlightenment Through Sled Dogs." This is the basis for why Stormhawk Siberians do what we do. Although I freely speak of this, within many First Nations people who utilize sled dogs, it is NOT. Permission from the Elders must be sought, messages from Great Father and Ancestors must be delivered before these Sacred things can be spoken of to those non First Nations peoples.
So given this, it is my supreme honor that Marvin Noel Lizotte from Ecotourism Adventures has been given the go-ahead to speak with us on these most Sacred of topics: First Nations Spirituality with sled dogs.
Now, I know that the vast majority of you that listen in already know mushing. But this is a singular opportunity to know how this lifestyle we adore formed 1000's of years ago, and was then graciously passed though the generations, and to us today. As we all know, these sled dogs hold Magic in their Souls, and Marvin is going to tell us how that came to be.
No matter your level of skill with mushing, THIS is going to be a show to listen to. The early hour is of course so Marvin can speak with us, and then get on to the day's business with the dogs. Have a look at what he does at www.dogsledtour.ca on the web, and then join us early for the show, or listen on demand at your convenience thereafter!
For those of you that follow the show, you know I have mushers give props to their mentors. Well it's time for me to do the same with one of our own, Steven Laviolette of Tuuluuwak Sled Dogs. Steven is, in my definition, a true musher. He is the 4th generation, and raising the 5th in this wonderful lifestyle we love. His dogs are Siberian, and as I've seen with my own eyes, cared for as if they were his own flesh and blood children. You see, these dogs have, for going on 5 generations of people, been necessary to their lives for more than just the love of the mush. They are relied upon for feeding the family as they go out to hunt and trap, in the Traditional ways.
One of the things we are going to discuss is living a Traditional life where hunting and trapping in a part of survival, not sport. Done with prayer and reverence, the Gifts of Nature are just that: GIFTS. We will talk about Indigenous Beliefs and the thanks given for these Gifts versus sport hunting in a traditional musher's life, and how these dogs make survival possible, and are rewarded for their work on our behalf.
We are going to talk about raising children in the mushing lifestyle, and how this builds responsibility, character and compassion for ALL Living Beings. Steven will also talk about his kennel of Siberians, life on the trail in Quebec, races and tours, as well as the Spiritual aspects of a life he loves though these sled dogs. And of course, stories from the trail and times these dogs have saved his life.
He is mentor to many, although he will not claim to be, as he too seeks guidance from those he respects. We are going to talk about the importance of mentors in mushing, and the community we are so lucky to be a part of. Steven has been an invaluable friend and mentor to me, and my beloved Siberians for years now, and I invite you all to listen in, call in, and enjoy!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (72 chatters)
- Straitway (71 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- The Appearance (46 chatters)
- Yada (39 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (34 chatters)
- John Baptist (18 chatters)
- HOV Radio (15 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (13 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (13 chatters)
- Kevincansee (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Bellesprit Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bread Of Life Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk 920 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)