SORT BY Relevancy
DIY Wedding host Yvette-Michelle Cottle Darby shares tips on how to choose a wedding cake. This episode follows the article "Choosing a Wedding Cake," which was published on www.craftedspacesweddings.com. Find out what you should look for and how to choose the wedding cake that is right for you and your wedding.
Visit our Pinterest board for great wedding cake ideas and resources.
How did a young, newlywed account executive at an ad agency end up being a mother of two who owns and operates a wedding cake company and mail order gourmet sweets webstore? Mary wanted a change – to combine her passion for art and baking. It just made sense. For Mary, wedding cake creation was the perfect way to make something beautiful that was more than just a work of art, but delicious as well.
Sure, school was an option, but she decided that experience was way more important at that stage in her life, so, Mary experimented at home, which highly benefited her neighbors— who got to vote on which cakes they liked best, and her children— who got to eat the spoils.
Mary started Take The Cake by subletting a small area in a catering kitchen, but it wasn't long before she found herself in a bigger kitchen with a bigger oven. She initially focused on cake but truly loved all pastry. The growth of ecommerce presented an opportunity to share new products with people who appreciated high quality, delicious sweets no matter how close or far from Chicago they were. That's how chocolate gourmet came into being.
Somehow, the two companies kept crossing over, a little like country music. That was when Mary knew that this domestic partnership needed to become "official" – the marriage of take the cake and chocolate gourmet resulted in “Cake” – the destiny of two separate companies born from the same passion.
How sweet it is!! Wedding planners, learn all you need to know about helping your clients select a wedding cake and other sweet treats for their wedding day.
Confetti is a fun and lively meeting place for aspiring and established wedding planners across the globe. Join host Debbie Quain for inspiration, tips and answers to your questions about how to start a wedding planing business of your very own. Learn more at http://ConfettiRadio.com
For anyone who rationally contemplates the difficulties a one-armed man would face in actually making and suspending a 14 diameter clearly metallic object, and in doing so completely unobserved – for even one photograph – no further comments should even be necessary. But since the skeptics have been so persistent in their accusations, and so abysmally stupid as well, here are some of the questions that they must credibly answer about the model premise:
1. Where was the model made and concealed?
2. Who in Meiers area possesses the specialized skills required for this precision level of manufacture, at any size?
3. What is it made of?
4. Where were the materials obtained?
5. What was the cost of these materials?
6. Who paid for it?
7. How long did it take to make? (Remember, a two-armed model maker took four months to assemble his inferior model.)
8. What does it weigh, assuming even a 5' diameter metallic object, as suggested by one debunker?
9. How was it suspended at 30' by a one-armed man? (Setting up just one special effects shot with a 5' (let alone 14) object requires numerous people and lots of time. Meier took over 60 photos of the WCUFO, plus the video.)
10. Where is the model now, what happened to it, would something of this complexity - and value - just disappear?
11. With all of the photos, both day and nighttime, how could Meier have accomplished all of this unobserved and without accomplices?
12. Why hasn't ANYONE come forward to show that they made and/or now have it?
Are you considering getting a creative cake made for your wedding? Listen to creative cake expert Naomi Levine of Tipsy Cake. She'll guide you through the entire process, from your first meeting to cutting the cake at your wedding. Find out ways of how she is able to create a cake that helps you express your unique personalities and share with all your guests what you love. I certainly learned a lot during the interview and I know you will too. Enjoy the show!
A diverse program tonight indeed! First up is Minister Daphneleah sharing her experience of Wedding Wisdom for those out there planning their big day, or perhaps helping a loved one to plan their wedding. Beyond the obvious, Daphneleah shares with us the importance of self care and self love, how to stay true to oneself while attending to the needs of family and friends, choosing an officiant and why that's important, and gives examples of a Goddess/God focused wedding flow.
Crossing the threshold into the second half of the show, I'll offer a meditation to Sekhmet, Lady of Tenacity Manifested, as our country deals with the summer heat, drought and fires.
Tonight we talk wedding trends. Things you can do to make your wedding stand out and be as unique as you are. The possibilities are endless.
The Mommyhood Project creator Cortney Galster joins me on The Mompreneur Model Show on July 31 at 10amPT/1pmET. Cortney is a 30-something working mom living in the suburbs of St. Paul with her husband Rick, their toddler son Ricky and their 2 dogs. They recently experienced the greatest loss of their lives when their daughter Addison was stillborn in May. They have committed themselves to moving forward in a positive way and putting meaning behind their sweet baby girl's short existence.
By day Cortney is a freelance writer and marketing consultant who blogs about her journey at TheMommyhoodProject.com. She lives for her amazing family, chocolate cake and gorgeous shoes! Come meet her here on Word of Mom Radio - the show for Mompreneurs - the NEW business woman.
Thanks to our show sponsors Order Out of Chaos and Safety First Bags. Meet them and all of our sponsors in our Mompreneuer Marketplace on our website.
Be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and email email@example.com with questions, comments and to find out how to be a guest on one of our shows.
Word of Mom Radio - sharing the wisdom of women.
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (9 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (5 chatters)
- Chicken Whisperer (4 chatters)
- Dr Michael Harris (4 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (4 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (3 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (3 chatters)
- EZWAYBROADCASTING (2 chatters)
- George Gomond Radio (1 chatters)
- Passing 4 Normal (1 chatters)
- Energy Medicine Exchange Radio (1 chatters)
- Come And Pour The T With Me (1 chatters)
- Simon Barrett (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)