SORT BY Relevancy
We are always hearing in the news about voter fraud and voter suppression. Tonight I will discuss these issues. The Federal Court just declared Texas Voter ID requirement non constitutional. I say the Federal Court is now non constitutional.
Hello and welcome to the Forum a show about how politics results in policies that impact people. I’m Michael Fauntroy. The Forum premiers every Friday at Noon Eastern on the Tavis Smiley Network on Blog Talk Radio. You can also hear past editions of The Forum by visiting the show page. You can follow me on my website, MichaelFauntroy.com, on Twitter @MKFauntroy, or on Facebook at Michael K. Fauntroy.
I’m flying solo today to launch a periodic series of discussions on American conservatism. I call it The Conservatism Series and today I will focus on the intersection of conservatism and Black voter suppression. It’s a preview of sorts for my upcoming book on the topic. I’ll check in periodically to discuss some of the themes that emerge from my research on the topic over the last two years.
I want to start by simply offering the reasons behind the book and how I define conservatism. I hope this will be an interactive conversation, so I encourage you to reach out to me with your questions and comments. You can find me on Twitter @MKFauntroy and on Facebook at Michael K. Fauntroy. Send me a question or comment and I’ll respond in the next edition of the conservatism series.
American Vernacular takes on the issue of voter suppression and how this seems destined to become the new civil rights battle of the 21st century. How can a nation that has proliferated war around the world inthe name of democracy deny any of its citizens the right to vote in fair and free elections? It's time to ask the question. AV announces the launch of Sisters Of Action, a grassroots organization established to get urban women registered to vote.
Tune in and join the conversation. To call, dial 619-768-2924.
Voter Suppression may play a role in the outcome in several States. Join Steve Leser, guests TBA for a discussion about Voter Suppression, political news and which politicians made sense and nonsense.
The United States has a long, rich history of voter suppression dating back all the way to 1776, the year to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Once signed, existing restriction on voting rights that limited the right to vote to white, male property owners while barring Catholic, Jews and Quakers. The Voting Rights Act signed into law by Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965 has been essentially rendered ineffective due to the Supreme Court's majority decision in Clinton v. Holder (2013) and open season on voting rights has begun in earnest.
Join Fred and Marg on BTR's Lies My Country Told Me, "Voter Suppression - State by State" on Saturday April 19, 2014 at 2:00 pm EST, 1:00 Central, 12:00 pm Mountail, 11:00 am Pacific and 3:00 pm Atlantic. Join us in the chatroom, or call in with your opinion at (347) 677-1814.
Some local news shorts and dance music your great-grandparents sexed up to during the first half hour.
Then Louis Goseland of Kansas Peoples' Action discusses the recent history of voter suppression and the elected officials who are engaging in it.
Follow Kansas Peoples' Action on twitter @KPApower!
Second hour has Guy Evans daily podcast #171 a remembrance of a wealthy British politican who renounced it and became a member of the House of Commons, Tony Benn, who passed late last week.
Then investigative journalist Greg Palast offers an entertaining fact based report on Charles Koch, Wichita billionaire and Kansas election rigging.
"I want my fair share and I want it all."
If you like to keep us on the air, make a donation.
The Willie Lawson Show - Vote For The Willie Lawson Show as Talk Show of the Year - http://redstatetalkradio.com/redstatewp/?p=2619
I am about fed up with this whole voter suppression bullcrap! Asking adults for a photo-ID is NOT, I repeat, is NOT suppressing ANYONE'S ability to vote!
Oh My GOD!!! I can't believe what that twerp, Ron Christie - a repugniturd operative, and MSNBC contributor just said on "The Ed Show."
I don't know about YOU, but my right to privacy concerning my health care - in fact everything about my health care is HUGELY important to me - and recent polls agree.
I'll clue you in on what the 1st and 2nd paragraphs - above - have to do with each other...
We are STILL dealing with Voter Suppression. Have you heard about the letters being circulate in Maricopa County AZ? Well, I am going to tell you ALL about it.
11 Days left. VOTE Early if you can.
We'll talk about all of this, and whatever else we can fit in.
I hope you will join me.
The Brookings Institute sums it up in a May 10, 2013 report. Even assuming high turnout rates and 2012 Republican voting margins for whites, they can not win unless they peel off more votes among minorities. ..
Good Morning and welcome to the Seriouside of the jril show. This morning, we will be discussing the following topics:
1ST SEGMENT: Are police officers above the law?
2ND SEGMENT: Voter suppression-why is this allowed in the US and is this a modern version of the POLE TAX?
3RD SEGMENT: What a difference a week makes! Are republicans regret the Romney/Ryan ticket?
On Thursday, August 30, Mittens (Romney) accepts the GOP nomination to be their candidate for president. I am covering BOTH conventions, and will be covering some of the "highlights" and rebuttals on this show.
But first things first - I am going to go over what you need to REGISTER to VOTE in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin - how many days BEFORE the election you must be registered - and what you will need to bring to the polls when voting.
It's scary out there, folks. Voter Fraud is virtually non-existent - it is a fake concern, made-up by the repubs who are racists, bigots, in the pockets of big business and big money such as the Koch Brothers, and their ilk.
Voter Suppression is real, and if we don't get the proper documentation in time, if we don't get ourselves registered and get off our duffs to vote because the repubs have made it "too hard," then we are playing right into their hands. We are fulfilling their objectives.
Let's NOT do that. Let's do ALL we can to insure victory for the Democrats - from President Obama at the top of the ticket, to the US Senator representing your state, to your district's Congressperson, your states' governors, local state house representatives, and right on down the ballot to the last Democratic candidate for any office. Let's insure victory on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 for the Democrats. For the United States of America.
I hope you will join me.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (84 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (69 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (35 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (31 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- in5d (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (23 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (23 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Rifleman (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- Intuitive Heart Radio (8 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (8 chatters)
- Quagmire America (8 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (6 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (5 chatters)
- The Seika Network (5 chatters)
- The Program Returns (4 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (4 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- The American Republic (2 chatters)
- The Torrey Allen Show (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (2 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- 13RevolutionRadio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Happy Hour Network (2 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (2 chatters)
- Ladies of Light Radio (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- 65457 (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (1 chatters)
- Crush Radio Raw (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (1 chatters)