SORT BY Relevancy
Hello and welcome to the Forum a show about how politics results in policies that impact people. I’m Michael Fauntroy. The Forum premiers every Friday at Noon Eastern on the Tavis Smiley Network on Blog Talk Radio. You can also hear past editions of The Forum by visiting the show page. You can follow me on my website, MichaelFauntroy.com, on Twitter @MKFauntroy, or on Facebook at Michael K. Fauntroy.
I’m flying solo today to launch a periodic series of discussions on American conservatism. I call it The Conservatism Series and today I will focus on the intersection of conservatism and Black voter suppression. It’s a preview of sorts for my upcoming book on the topic. I’ll check in periodically to discuss some of the themes that emerge from my research on the topic over the last two years.
I want to start by simply offering the reasons behind the book and how I define conservatism. I hope this will be an interactive conversation, so I encourage you to reach out to me with your questions and comments. You can find me on Twitter @MKFauntroy and on Facebook at Michael K. Fauntroy. Send me a question or comment and I’ll respond in the next edition of the conservatism series.
American Vernacular takes on the issue of voter suppression and how this seems destined to become the new civil rights battle of the 21st century. How can a nation that has proliferated war around the world inthe name of democracy deny any of its citizens the right to vote in fair and free elections? It's time to ask the question. AV announces the launch of Sisters Of Action, a grassroots organization established to get urban women registered to vote.
Tune in and join the conversation. To call, dial 619-768-2924.
We have a dandy on tap for you as we discuss VOTER SUPPRESSION with activist & author Eric Smith.
Feel free to join the conversation as all perspectives are welcomed, REALLY!
The United States has a long, rich history of voter suppression dating back all the way to 1776, the year to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Once signed, existing restriction on voting rights that limited the right to vote to white, male property owners while barring Catholic, Jews and Quakers. The Voting Rights Act signed into law by Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965 has been essentially rendered ineffective due to the Supreme Court's majority decision in Clinton v. Holder (2013) and open season on voting rights has begun in earnest.
Join Fred and Marg on BTR's Lies My Country Told Me, "Voter Suppression - State by State" on Saturday April 19, 2014 at 2:00 pm EST, 1:00 Central, 12:00 pm Mountail, 11:00 am Pacific and 3:00 pm Atlantic. Join us in the chatroom, or call in with your opinion at (347) 677-1814.
Some local news shorts and dance music your great-grandparents sexed up to during the first half hour.
Then Louis Goseland of Kansas Peoples' Action discusses the recent history of voter suppression and the elected officials who are engaging in it.
Follow Kansas Peoples' Action on twitter @KPApower!
Second hour has Guy Evans daily podcast #171 a remembrance of a wealthy British politican who renounced it and became a member of the House of Commons, Tony Benn, who passed late last week.
Then investigative journalist Greg Palast offers an entertaining fact based report on Charles Koch, Wichita billionaire and Kansas election rigging.
"I want my fair share and I want it all."
If you like to keep us on the air, make a donation.
Voter Suppression may play a role in the outcome in several States. Join Steve Leser, guests TBA for a discussion about Voter Suppression, political news and which politicians made sense and nonsense.
The Brookings Institute sums it up in a May 10, 2013 report. Even assuming high turnout rates and 2012 Republican voting margins for whites, they can not win unless they peel off more votes among minorities. ..
The Willie Lawson Show - Vote For The Willie Lawson Show as Talk Show of the Year - http://redstatetalkradio.com/redstatewp/?p=2619
I am about fed up with this whole voter suppression bullcrap! Asking adults for a photo-ID is NOT, I repeat, is NOT suppressing ANYONE'S ability to vote!
Oh My GOD!!! I can't believe what that twerp, Ron Christie - a repugniturd operative, and MSNBC contributor just said on "The Ed Show."
I don't know about YOU, but my right to privacy concerning my health care - in fact everything about my health care is HUGELY important to me - and recent polls agree.
I'll clue you in on what the 1st and 2nd paragraphs - above - have to do with each other...
We are STILL dealing with Voter Suppression. Have you heard about the letters being circulate in Maricopa County AZ? Well, I am going to tell you ALL about it.
11 Days left. VOTE Early if you can.
We'll talk about all of this, and whatever else we can fit in.
I hope you will join me.
The Brookings Institute sums it up in a May 10, 2013 report. Even assuming high turnout rates and 2012 Republican voting margins for whites, they can not win unless they peel off more votes among minorities.....
The Democratic National Convention continues...
We DID get a "bump" on our 1st night!
Despite the fact that I keep losing my "windows" and end up staring at a blank screen here in the woods, I am going to TRY tofinish giving you the info you need to REGISTER to VOTE in Florida and start on the info for Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin - including how many days BEFORE the election you must be registered - and what you will need to bring to the polls when voting.
We ALL know Voter Fraud is virtually non-existent - it is a fake concern, made-up by the repugs who are racists, bigots, in the pockets of big business and big money such as the Koch Brothers, and their ilk.
On the other hand, Voter Suppression is real, and if we don't get the proper documentation in time, if we don't get ourselves registered and get off our duffs to vote because the repugs have made it "too hard," then we are playing right into their hands. We are fulfilling their objectives.
Let's NOT do that. Let's do ALL we can to insure victory for the Democrats - from President Obama at the top of the ticket, to your states' governors, local state house representatives, and right on down the ballot to the last Democratic candidate for any office. Let's insure victory on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 for the Democrats. For the United States of America.
I hope you will join me.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (414 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- Ms Blue (34 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (31 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (28 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (18 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (15 chatters)
- Curious Times (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (10 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (9 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (9 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (8 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (7 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (5 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Diva Spot Radio (4 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- Straitway (2 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (2 chatters)
- TamidAscended (2 chatters)
- righteoushustle (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- LCS (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (2 chatters)
- 18th Dynasty Generation (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Ron Reck (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- SEG13 MasterVibe Series (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Auntie Kim Ber Lee From Vine (0 chatters)