SORT BY Relevancy
Greetings to our Afronerd podcast loyalists! Welcome to the latest episode of The Grindhouse (Mixtape), courtesy of Afronerd Radio airing this Saturday at 6pm (EST). Join Dburt, Capt. Kirk and the "Uncanny" Daryll B. as they combine forces (not unlike a Black Team Venture) to discuss the following topics: a more detailed retelling of the "goings ons" at last week's Black Comic Book Festival at Harlem's Schomburg museum; the next X-Men movie installment has a new set of younger actors; after a 20 plus year plus "hiatus" legendary minority themed comic book publisher, Milestone Media returns; actor Anthony Mackie (Winter Soldier, Black or White) appears to be receiving more blowback from his comments on race and profiling; thoughts on DC and Marvel upcoming event storylines-Convergence and Secret War, respectively; yet another police shooting (NJ) hits the media but does it bear scrutiny; Dburt highlights Marvel's new Deathlok comic; is "deflate gate" another "non-troversy," or does it have legs; tech talk with the new Hololens headset and prospective Mach I tube travel plans and lastly, is BET's reputation ruining any chance of a positive spin pertaining to their new miniseries, The Book of Negroes? Call the show live at 646-915-9620.
Howdy, loyal citizens! Welcome to the latest edition of Afronerd Radio's Mid Week in Review broadcast airing this Wednesday at 7:30pm (EST). Join Dburt and Capt. Kirk as they wax politic and prophetic on the following topics: a brief pre-Grindhouse discussion regarding our visit to this past weekend's Black Comic Book Festival located at the legendary Schomburg Black History Museum; Dburt gives his last diatribe on the folly of intraracial colorism at the advent of the release of the Light Girls doc on the OWN network; and there's probably a similar rant as it pertains to Black investment in the Academy Awards; Tesla's Elon Musk is hoping to revolutionize public transportation with his Hyperloop transit system; analyzing actor Anthony Mackie's recent comments about race, Selma and racial profiling (now Anthony you know you can't have a non-tribal/individualistic opinion!); and speaking of Selma, why has Dburt delayed watching the film (and thankfully, Cap has seen it) and lastly, was MSNBC's Ronan Farrow awkwardly condescending toward a young Black attendee to POTUS' latest State of the Union address? You decide. Call the hosts live at 646-915-9620.
Is Giving Your Music Away Helping or Hurting Your Music Career? The debate about free music has raged for years now, and there’s still no answer that satisfies all sides. Tim Kreider’s NYT op-ed piece called “Slaves of the Internet, Unite!” does a good job voicing the frustrations of artists around the world who are tired of seeing their labor go unvalued (both monetarily and otherwise). But Remember, buyers no longer have to purchase an entire album in order to enjoy an artist's music. They can purchase single tracks that they have heard on other platforms. This is a perfect way for artists to earn and create revenue in streams that were not possible before the age of the MP3. Rather than risking the loss of a sale because a potential buyer does not want to buy an entire CD, artists can also now make money because buyers can select any specific song they want. The other side of this is that, if a band releases a song for free, fans may want to buy more of their songs which require a purchase.
We are back tonight with a full line-up of interviews and a few great archives from the IBC interviews.
We are continuing our post coverage of the IBC.
Great Archived Interviews from Beale Street.
Dawn Dyar with us for the Mid west Bands And Clubs Report.
We will be interviewing 3 New Bands in this segment.
Plus we should have surprises in between all this.
We will be on the air at 8 PM Eastern for segment # 2.
Sandra C will be interviewing Eagle Claw and the Mighty Talons. They will be sharing their IBC adventures.
Al Fink has a report about some new friends, software, Facebook pages and some great archived shows!
We will be back with you on Wednesday 01/28/2015 at 5 PM Eastern..
Tune in @ 5pm - 10pm Eastern. Monday-Sunday.
To listen to or join the show call 347-637-1611. 5-10pm Mon-Sun
To listen to the show on the internet www.BNCLive.com
All Shows are Archived and Available FREE on www.BNCLive.com 24/7
ON TODAYS URBAN REUP TUESDAY PODCAST BLAST I GOT SOME PRODUCT FROM:
PURPOSE:VICTORY(DEDICATED TO JOLIE)
LL COOL J FEAT MAVADO:HUSTLER
PAPERDOLL FT G-DEP:PROPLEM TO SOLVE
THA BROADUS BOYZ:MY 2 BOYZ
SCHOOLLY D:P.S.K(WHAT IT MEAN)
TEEJAESOHIGH:INHIBITIONS RUN WILD FT DIRTYINJUN
Tear Out The Heart - Metalcore band from St. Louis,Mo...New album "Dead,Everywhere" out now on Victory Records..Out now on the Dead,Everwhere Tour...Hometown record release show on Jan 31st @ The Ready Room...Check out all their music, videos & tour dates @ www.facebook.com/tearouttheheart
Amnesia Beach - Indie Singer/Songwriter Elben Capule from California...New single "Fires & Liars" out now...more new music coming out in 2015...Check out his music,tour dates & more @ www.facebook.com/amnesiabeach
It's Good Morning Caribbean Morning Tempo Show. Tuesday thru Friday mornings 8am - 10am (ET). Brought to you by Kalalloo Network (News Channel) & News Network on K-Radio. www.watchnews.tv also, be sure to visit www.Kalalloo.com... once there note the iREE link above the right eye of our 'Lady Kalalloo, Sandy' the sea crab... you will then enter Kalalloo Media Network's 24/7 Music Channel and never wanna leave. This will also be the purfect opportunity for you to learn additional information on 'iREE World Music 20 Count Down' weekly every Monday night at 8. CHECK- IT- OUT!!!
Sa"id Salaam is a the author of over 20+ books. His pen is creative...thought provoking and undoubtable diabolic! We will tap into the man behing the pen on todays show! Here are a few reviews from his readers! This is a review from Sherrie she was fascinated by his latest release; Dope Girl 4. It was released Jan 6th and already has 28 reviews 27 5 star and one 4 star review!
Dope Girl Series: http://amzn.to/1zbXk6I
STRAIGHT GLASS!!!! (5STARS)
This is one of those books its hard to give a review on because you dont want to give out spoilers but you cant just say it was good because thats an understatement.
Everything about this book is straight glass...from the cover to the characters to the knowledge being dropped to the humor to the very end.
I waited on pins and needles for this book to drop and now I can't wait to discuss it because it was truly awesome.
If you thinking about reading it, make sure you start from the very beginning. It's the only way to truly understand the dope girl and her family of misfits.
My name is K Sherrie
And I recommend this read
#MMDR #KSherrie #SODCP #2015CSWS
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (79 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (77 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (68 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (48 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (45 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- HOV Radio (14 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (12 chatters)
- BeverlyD (10 chatters)
- 63289 (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (9 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (8 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (7 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (7 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (6 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (6 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Black Wealth Creation (4 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (4 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio2 (3 chatters)
- motherofsix (3 chatters)
- Ministry Along the Way Radio (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Rick Moran (3 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Wicce Women (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- TEAM Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- BC Radio (2 chatters)
- EvolutionRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- NCI Radio (1 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (1 chatters)
- Splashhhh (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- SALLYBLESSING (1 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Draft Countdown (1 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)
- Awakened BEloved Community (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- dana smearman (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Takeover Tuesday Live (1 chatters)
- Throne Seekers Bible Study (1 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (0 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (0 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (0 chatters)