SORT BY Relevancy
since enrollment occurs through human judgment, fallible decisions can be made. A local church may therefore have some who are Christians in name only. Hypocrites may become members of a local church, but they don't sneak by the Lord to become members of the universal church
As the gospel spreads and people respond to it, those in a particular area start a local church when they agree to work together as one. Whereas the church universal began in Jerusalem on Pentecost, local churches have begun at different places and different times. When one wishes to become an accepted member of the local church, they must join themselves to that church. Whereas one is added by The Lord himself to the universal church, we can seek to join a local congregation ( if its members are willing to accept us)
On this edition of Cross Encounters Radio.....
1. Recently Tony preached two sermons related to open-air preaching and preachers, at the Milton Herald Society: "A Defense for the Public Proclamation of the Gospel" and "Have You Been Sent?" Both Chris and Rich have some questions for Tony. Has Tony gone too far? Are his expectations for all open-air preachers to be qualified, called, and sent by the local church unreasonable? Are they impractical? We will take your calls.
2. There has been a major development with the Church of Wells. Catherine Grove who, for two years, was all but hidden from her family by church leadership (the church's leadership would insist it was completely voluntary on Catherine's part), has left the quasi-church and returned to her family.
3. Rich and Chris will present Tony with another "Always Ready" scenario. How will Tony transition the scenario into a gospel opportunity?
Why all the brothers and sisters chasing after the title of bishop and apostle, why do we need them? What use are they to the local assembly? Can a church just have a congregational church polity and be fine?
Should a congregation be independent or INTERdependent?
Why do we need bishops?
Can you vote the founder out of a church (congregation) he started?
We are going to cover this and more.
Church government is called church polity. Polity is where we get the word politics from. Episcopal government involves a certain type of church structure. Congregational autonomy is opposed to episcopal polity.
The Fellowship model is about associating and not about being submitted. You come and go as you please. You do what you want. If this one make you mad you leave and start your own with its own protocol.
A diocese by definition is a local church made up of multiple congregations It is pastored by the Bishop. Each parish or campus church is submitted to the bishop as their senior pastor and each campus church is not the local church but an expression of the local church
You can buy our 2014 Syllabus for $25 in PDF or WORD format from the website. www.coaab.org
This episode of Connect airs on May 20, 2015. Jane Wood is a layperson from Waynesville, NC. She is active in her local church (First UMC, Waynesville), is the Smoky Mountain District Lay Leader, and is the President of the Foundation for Evangelism at Lake Junaluska, NC.
Join us this coming Thursday April 9 at 7:30 PM as we study God's Word the Bible. This week's topic: Characteristics Of A True Church Of Christ (Part 2).
E-mail us your PRAYER REQUEST at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of prayer.
Please tell other likeminded saints to join us in Bible Study this Thursday night. Let us emulate the noble Bereans by receiving the word with all readiness of mind and by searching the Scriptures to verify the veracity of all teaching and preaching (Acts 17:11).
The Eternal Spirit and the Eternal Blood Speake in the Church
The Spirit Alive Praise & Worship Experince
Join Us: 9:00 AM (PST) -12 NOON (EST)
Message: Real Heroes
Text: Various Scripture
Memorial Day is time of remembering those who have given their lives, so that we may live free, but Christ should be memorialized every day of our lives. We can become real heroes of faith when we simply stand on God's word, and teach God's word by living God's word for all men to see, so that they might know the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Spirit Alive Praise & Worship Experience is a virtual church where we are standing in the gap for those who can't go, or won't go into the building by providing a safe and loving atmosphere where they can simply hear the word of God, and truly be encouraged, healed, restored, and transformed. So, if you can't go, or won't go to a local church; the church will come to you.
Dr. Jules Boquet
Dr. Jules Boquet is the co-founder of Christ Impact World Mission along with his wife, Deborah. He is a missionary to France and Europe, as well the Head of School of Messiah Montessori School in Louisiana, and a Pastor of a local church in Louisiana. He has residences in Louisiana and in Paris, France. (You can follow them on their FACEBOOK PAGE: Christ IMPACT World Mission)
Dr. Jules Boquet is a prophetic missionary with an apostolic call:
? To help impact France (and French-speaking peoples) and Europe for Christ and To impact the young generation who are called from the nations of the world to advance the cause of Christ in France, Europe and the world.
Co-Host - Author, Tina Walker
Her Books are Available on Amazon
Dr. Mario Ramos his book is available on Amazon
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (14 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (9 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (6 chatters)
- InHisPresenceMinistriesWE (2 chatters)
- Coach K and Joe Show (2 chatters)
- WHYT Radio (2 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (2 chatters)
- coachroges (1 chatters)
- Dads of Great Students (1 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance Ministries (1 chatters)