SORT BY Relevancy
Today we have a conversation about about conservative focus. It always amazes me what good good people with the best intententions will choose to focus on. Today we open the conversation up about term limits and the salary problem of those in congress.
This episode is the next edition in our series, The War to Save America. We look into whether Term Limits could help fix issues like the National Debt and the gridlock in congress. We also discuss if Term Limits are not the answer, then what is? Find out in this exciting Current Issues Show episode, exclusively on TrueChat Radio. This is a rerun from August 2013.
This episode is the next edition in our series, The War to Save America. We look into whether Term Limits could help fix issues like the National Debt and the gridlock in congress. We also discuss if Term Limits are not the answer, then what is? Find out in this exciting Current Issues Show episode, exclusively on TrueChat Radio.
Chapter 1: Congress to consider term limits amendment to U.S. Constitution
Congressman Matt Salmon is in his fourth term, but that hasn’t stopped him from proposing a Constitutional amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress to just two. This follows Senator David Vitter’s similar proposal in January to the Senate. A recent Gallup poll puts favorability for Congressional term limits at 75 percent but a Constitutional Amendment requires more than a popular position even if Congress were to approve it. We talk to Phil Blumel, President of U.S. Term Limits.
Chapter 2: Public defenders seeing furloughs under sequestration
This year marks 50 since the Supreme Court gave the guarantee of legal defense regardless of one’s ability to pay for one in the decision Gideon v. Wainwright. Many more cases have been decided since then that have impacted the definition of that right, but simple economics has impacted it more than any legal precedent. In many public defenders’ offices, heavy case loads and a lack of resources mean, in practical terms, an erosion of that right. Now news that public defenders are no exception to furloughs due to sequestration cuts threatens to exacerbate the problem. We talk to Jonathan Rapping, law professor at Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School and a career public defender who founded Gideon’s Promise.
US Officials are elected, appointed, hired. and without term limits they can do dirt for as long as they so desire. America need term limits. States with term limits. All divisions, branches need term limits. TenureCorrupts.com Voting is not term limits. When we get term limits we will get corrupt officials & corrupt billionaires out of US government.
Millionaires buys midterm elections. Term limits brings the buying of elections to a screetching halt for politicians and CEOs. Millionaires do one thing. Millionaires watch their money and watch for ways to grow their money. Millionaires are being elected to watch tax payers dollars. Millionaires look for oppportunity to gain tax payers dollars. Millionaires invest in getting elected so they can grow their money. Not yours. It has nothing to do with you. Term limits will end this. Oversight ends this. Accountability ends this.
Make this election about you this time around. You need JOBs, Affordable health care, Veteran Jobs and support services for Veterans. US needs more teachers, firefighters, police officers, public workers. Mitt Romney is the man with the plan to make these jobs obsolete. Which ones of these things can you do without now and decades from now? Vote for (President Barack Obama) the man with a plan to keep government workers and to increase the capabilities of government workers, and to pay government workers for performance
Time for term limits. Time to purge our government of the real waste. The crooks! The elected official crooks who made a career off the tax payers
Senate grows wealth in obligations and pledges to ALEC and Norquist
Congress grows wealth in obligations and pledges to ALEC and Norquist
Elected officials get paid for no bid contracts. They pay back the special voters in their districts for their votes with special projects of want, while other districts go lacking of basic needs
Term limits will encourage elected officials to work, and when the work is completed they'll be rewarded until term limits sends them back home to live under the laws they have passed. If their work is not completed successfully, again they should be rewarded by firing them before term limits send them home.
Kathy’s Core Beliefs:
• America First. Elected officials must put our country first in foreign and domestic policy. We must lead the world in individual liberty, freedom and prosperity, because it is this foundation that enables all to lift themselves out of poverty.
• We have significant national problems requiring strong and principled leadership in Washington.
• Will serve with faith in God and respect for all life.
• Secure the Borders. The flood of illegal immigrants must be returned to Mexico so they can be sent back to their countries to migrate legally.
• War on Terror is real. Islamists are a world threat.
• Term Limits. Will vote yes for a Constitutional Amendment to limit House of Representatives to three terms (total six years) and Senate to two terms (total 12 years)
• Balanced Budget Amendment. We cannot continue to spend what we do not have.
• We must reestablish our manufacturing base to bring jobs back to the United States to put Americans back to work
• Energy Independence. We must use all of our resources where we have them.
• Must end the endless, senseless mandates of Global Warming. It is not proven to be a manmade problem.
It's Friday people. I'm going to talk about every little thing that pops up in my mind, no planned topics, we're going to do another Surfin' With Badger style show. Play a little music. I'm going to vent about what's on my mind. Currently what's on my mind is race relations, things that are wrong with people these days, the media being a great big bag of suck, politicians getting paid way too much and not being held accountable for anything, just some general ranting and raving it seems. You should call in, you really should. Be a part of the tenth show! Make your voice heard. Or don't. Your call.
Join Host Live Chats
- SecularTalkRadio (33 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (19 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (5 chatters)
- Healing House with Dr Ayleen (4 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (4 chatters)
- demon paranormal hunters Radio (3 chatters)
- Military Mamas (3 chatters)
- Synapticalist (2 chatters)
- THE SHAKEDOWN CREW (1 chatters)
- Live with The Rayfords (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Straight Talk14 (1 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- EarthsRetreat (1 chatters)
- AdrianBernard (1 chatters)
- Sam and Tina Watkins (0 chatters)