SORT BY Relevancy
Another big show this week, with back-to-back episodes featuring four interviewees.
Secret City Records' Daniel Isaiah discusses his latest work, Come Into Gone. Though Isaiah has spent considerable time in Europe and the U.S., and is known in some circles as much for his award-winning short films (under the name Daniel Schachter), CIG is a distinctly local work. The new album was written in his cozy Mile End flat, in a 10-foot by 10-foot room with a perfect view of Mont-Royal, and a little piano in it hauled over from Halifax, on which many of the songs were composed. Isaiah had never taken this approach before, but through it he found chords that he wouldn’t have on his usual guitar. And though writing the songs took considerable time, not much rehearsing or preparation went into recording them. The looseness of the recordings works so well precisely because the songs are so well crafted.
We also catch up with 3/4 of the bill for the April 2nd edition of Generation Next Live at The Phoenix in Toronto in electro-rock four-piece DLV, alt quartet The Control Room, and upbeat indie pop trio Goodnight, Sunrise. (Rebel Hero, the fourth band on the bill, was on last week's show.) If you're in the Toronto area, consider checking it out. www.generationnextlive.com.
Spotlight on: Joey Digital aka Joey Womack
Rebel with a cause. Hired gun. Analytics junkie. Optimist. Cynic. Serial envelope pusher. Cult creator. Antihero. Pick one, and Joey embodies it. Recently, Joey has taken on the challenge of “saving the world” by founding sf35, an organization which introduces high-performance capacity entrepreneurs from under-served communities to experienced advisors and customers.
Since launching digitalguestlist.com as a graduate student in 2002, Joey has grown the site to 80,000 subscribers/users, and has advertised thousands of events for Fortune 500 companies, agencies, and high-profile promoters during special events weekends like NBA All-Star, Super Bowl, and Essence Music Festival. And using innovative digital marketing strategies, he has also planned and promoted events in the Southeast for brands such as Crown Royal, Ciroc, Smirnoff, Coors Light, Warner Bros., and Hennessy.
Joey received his Masters of Business Administration from Florida A&M University, where he was also initiated into the Beta Nu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha, Fraternity, Inc. He currently resides in Atlanta, GA.
"Yes, I'm Delusional - Is it wrong for me to believe that I can save the world?"
Imperialist ally Saudi Arabia has illegally invaded Yemen due to Al Qaeda friendly dictator that was U.S. Supported being deposed by a Shia anti terrorist government close to Iran coming to power aka the Houthis .The U.S. is behind the invasion why? More proof the U.S. is actually sponsors of Islamic terrorism and for the Rothschilds an Other middleast country joining the resistance to the NWO is slowing down their agenda. Anti NWO Houthi heroes are who we are in solidarity with and we will tell you why. Chris Jay and Al Suarez will do this urgent show, and do an update on the Syrian war as well and other news for a special spring break version of Voice of Rebellion Radio.
in Pop Culture
Writer/critic Bennet Pomerantz has guests including some of the fresh indy authors, artists and media guests on the Betty Award winning ANYTHING GOES
Bennet's Guest tonight is Jennifer Raygoza
Jennifer Raygoza also known as the rebel of writing, burst through the writing scene in 2012 with a vampire series called, The Guardians. It was a story originally written just for fun, but ended up being self published our of curiosity. Little did she know the series would be strongly embraced by vampire readers. Since then this down to earth, California girl has been picked up by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. She has recently released two short stories and a poetry book that includes work from her youth.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU READ HER BOOKS?
She break hearts, kills bad guys and gives you characters that make you fall in love. This writer will have you turning pages and thirsting for more.
Lots to talk about in this episode, with four - yep, four - interviewees.
Thomas D'Arcy's latest full-length, Fooled You Twice, dropped in early March and since, it's been getting a lot of positive attention. New Canadian Music, for example, said, "Pop craftsman Thomas D'Arcy is at his melodic and catchy best on second solo record Fooled You Twice." Mike chats with Thomas about the album and a lot more.
Luke Nicholson's Frantic City is his most poignant album to date. Having written the majority of material for this record while touring away from his new born daughter, one can hear the love, and maturity in both his lyrics and delivery. He's also launched an interesting new contest we'll chat about.
Mike also catches up with Toronto's Rebel Hero, a funk-rock trio with an impressive resume that's taking part in the April 4, 2015 edition of Generation Next Live at the Phoenix.
Finally, we speak with musician, engineer, producer, and studio owner Mike Saracino about his new initiative, The Globe Series, which takes him around the world to record on-the-rise musicians and spawn international collaborations.
On Women of Wisdom today, Best-Selling Author, Win Kelly Charles welcomes Speech Designer and Idea Architect, Dr. Michelle Mazur! Dr. Michelle believes that every presentation should be an experience and that the only thing that stands between you and success is giving your ideas a voice. She is the CEO of Communication Rebel and will be sharing her encouraging energy with everyone on the program today. Visit her website www.drmichellemazur.com for more information and to get your copy of her powerful tool: The Audience Journey. www.wincharles.com is Win’s website where you can find out more about your host. FOLLOW this program www.blogtalkradio.com/wcawomanwithcp and on the Fan Page www.facebook.com/wcawomanwithcp
The hate filled process of devaluing Black children starts early. Once in kindergarten the educational system begins to teach Black children their oppressive, subserviant role in America. Those children who rebel against this position soon get pegged as trouble makers, not normal or placed in special education.
1. President Obama said he has told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the Israeli leader's remarks in the closing days of his re-election campaign had upended the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and ran counter to the very nature of Israeli democracy, an unusually forceful and public condemnation of the top official of a vital United States ally.
2. Rebel fighters opposed to Yemen’s president took over the central city of Taiz in an escalation of a power struggle diplomats say risks drawing in neighboring oil giant Saudi Arabia and its main regional rival Iran.
3. The commander of the U.S. Northern Command warned that Russia is developing a long-range cruise missile that poses a new threat to the United States.
4. An Iranian ship unloaded more than 180 tons of weapons and military equipment at a rebel-controlled port in western Yemen.
5. The Jordanian government is set to sign a nuclear agreement with Russia later this month in order to build its first nuclear power plant. Earlier this month, Saudi Arabia and South Korea agreed to cooperate to build at least two small and medium-size nuclear reactors.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Deuteronomy 29:9-13 which reads: "Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do. Ye stand this day all of you before the Lord your God… That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the Lord thy God, and into his oath, which the Lord thy God maketh with thee this day: That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee..."
Our second coming quote for today is from David Hocking. He said: "There is no gospel without the return of Christ."
Broadcasting from deep in the heart of the American Empire, join your hosts Harrison Koehli and Elan Martin, and fellow Sott.net editors, as they discuss everything from current events and the latest machinations and manipulations of the global elite to history, science, and religion, and how it all fits together.
This week, IMEMC's Alexandra Halaby is back to update us on the latest news from Israel and Palestine, including the recent Israeli elections. After that, we will be discussing current events, the background to the Syrian crisis, and more.
The Truth Perspective is brought to you by the SOTT Radio Network and SOTT.net, your one-stop source for independent, unbiased, alternative news and commentary on world events.
Live every Saturday from 2-4pm EST / 11am-1pm PST / 7-9pm CET.
A Confederate page where you can Express Your Southern Pride! God BLESS DIXIE AND THE REBEL FLA...G AND ALL OF THE CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS WHO DIED FOR OUR SOUTHERN STATES. Keep those flags flying high and proud!
No, I'm no more racist than the next person. The fact is that the War between the states A had very little to do with slavery. In fact, it had nothing to with slavery until 1863 when Lincoln used it as a political agenda to save his sorry, dictator wannabe butt.
The War Between the States was about state rights. The north was imposing tariffs out the wazoo on the south. Illegal tariffs, I might add.
Sure, the south wasn't perfect; who is? All I'm saying is that they were the ones ultimately in the right in that 19th century fiasco and they took the flack for it because the winners write the history books. No the true history is written by warriors.
If you want to argue with me, please, argue intelligently. I loath hippies.
Just remember two things: 1) THE NORTHERN STATES HAD MANY SLAVES; 2)The emancipation proclamation claimed (because it had no legal authority) to free only the slaves in the "rebelling states." Northerners were free to keep their slaves until the 13th Amendment.
Why does it matter? Because a lot of heroes died trying to defend the Constitution of the United States of America, which was, at the time, still the Supreme Law of the Land in most cases. After this atrocity more commonly known as the "Civil War," all clauses and amendments regarding states rights have been ignored in every case that didn't directly benefit the federal government.
Dennis returns for the first Dennis Daniel Show of 2015 and he welcomes one of his most outrageous guests to the program. It's none other than Michaela Dietz, the voice of Crystal Gem warrior, Amethyst from the hit Cartoon Network series, "Steven Universe."
Michaela is best known as the rebel of the Crystal Gems and will join Dennis to discuss her starts in voice acting, and the first season of "Steven Universe."
Also, with WrestleMania just around the corner, Dennis tries to show the world why he is the BlogTalkRadio World Heavyweight Champion by calling out Beach City Underground Wrestling star, the Purple Puma. Will the Puma show up and answer Dennis' challenge?
Please join us in welcoming Simran, who is a Love Catalyst, Visionary Creative, and Rebel Humanitarian … for tonight’s show on Your Journey to Love.
SIMRAN, publisher of award-winning 11:11 Magazine and 11:11 Talk Radio is also author of IPPY Gold Award winning Conversations With The Universe and Your Journey to Enlightenment, now celebrates her new release, Your Journey to Love.
Your Journey to Love is the experience of real Love, not by steps, processes and tools … but through integration and communing. Meet the Self in a deeply intimate and sacred way where all is truly seen, heard and acknowledged. The key to outer reflections of Love is hidden inside one’s shadows and thoughts, experiences and identities. It is time to face what you do not want to face, embrace what you do not wish to embrace and to fall in love with all that you have wanted to deny. The greatest quest in life is ‘to Love and be Loved’. The idea of a twin flame, true love or ultimate soulmate teases the mind, especially through the most challenging moments of life. The soul’s true mate is not ‘out there’ … it sits waiting within. This is Divine courtship, mystical divorce and sacred matrimony by bringing into harmony the demon, the god and the human … the sacred trinity of the soul.
In addition to Tedx, Gaiam TV, and speaking nationally and internationally on The Rebel Road Tour, Simran initiates movement into new paradigms for humanity through vulnerability, realness and loving expression.
To learn more visit iamsimran.com and SimransBooks.com.
New Human Living Radio with Simran
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- John Baptist (80 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (63 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (30 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (29 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (28 chatters)
- DDP Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (20 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (16 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (15 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (14 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- ShadySykes (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Living Off The Grid Radio (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- ALL NATIONALIST NETWORK (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (4 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- Bobby Brown Bail and Beyond (3 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Hahn America Radio (2 chatters)
- Incubi Incarnate Broadcast (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (2 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (1 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (1 chatters)
- Relax Let Go Be with Charles (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Nu Ankh Radio (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Dating Radio (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- allah team (1 chatters)
- Anonymous North Texas (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Vision Avant (0 chatters)