SORT BY Relevancy
The US Supreme Court failed to hear the cases of five states regarding their bans on same sex marriage and by doing so paved the way for these blasphemous ceremonies to begin? Why are coward preachers so silent? Where are the so called Christian politicians when we need them? Join us as we defend the faith once delivered!
No, our show is not on the first Monday in October (which is past anyway). The title of this episode refers to the traditional start of the Supreme Court season.
Tuesday night we will be talking about the Supreme Court and its decisions (and non-decisions) and their impact on our lives. For example, the court's decision not to listen to arguments on marriage equality has already sent ripple effects across the nation. A stealth decision early Saturday morning on the Texas voter ID law can have a chilling effect on voting rights in any and all states seeking to suppress citizens right to vote.
What do YOU think are the most important Supreme Court decisions?
Who is your favorite Justice? Do you even have a favorite Justice?
What effects will the upcoming mid-term elections and the 2016 presidential election have on the make-up of the Supreme Court?
Join us Tuesday for what should be an enjoyable and enlightening conversation about the Supreme Court.
CALL 347-850-8445 to join the conversation.
The MOMocrats' first podcast of October coincides with the opening of the 2014 term of the Supreme Court, which lately has been the source of horror stories like Citizens United and the gutting of the Voting Rights Act. RH Reality Check legal analyst Jessica Pieklo joins Cynematic, Karoli and Donna Schwartz Mills for a preview of what might get on the SCOTUS calendar and what we might expect this year. Political discussion from the progressive point of view by the MOMocrats. Produced by Engender Media Group.
ELLIS HENICAN is a Newsday columnist, television news political analyst, three-time New York Times bestselling author, and social media storyteller. He is also the voice of Stormy on the hit Cartoon Network series, “Sealab 2021”.
Across a wide variety of media platforms, Ellis is known for telling compelling stories about the people and issues of today. His most recent book is The Party’s Over: How the Extreme Right Hijacked the GOP and I Became a Democrat, which he wrote with Florida governor Charlie Crist. Ellis’ other books include Doc: A Memoir, with famed baseball pitcher Dwight Gooden, Damn Few with Navy SEAL commander Rorke Denver, In the Blink of an Eye with NASCAR legend Michael Waltrip, and Home Team with New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.
Thomas Ruskin <http://cmp-group.com/aboutcmp.htm> , President of the CMP Protective and Investigative Group may be an excellent choice to discuss the Supreme Court's ruling on cell phone searches.
Thomas Ruskin is a highly decorated former New York City Police Detective Investigator. He was responsible for Crisis Management for the Mayor, Police Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners of Operations and Crime Control Strategies for New York City. He has been involved in cases that have received worldwide attention, including the 1993 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, the NYC subway system bombing, airline crashes, police shootings, hostage situations and major organized crime and narcotic cases. The majority of Tom's background, ranging over two decades in law enforcement, has been spent in the field of investigation.
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* The US Supreme Court has declined to hear cases on gay “marriage” which is now being forced upon 30 states.
* Review of the Court’s decision from last year in the Windsor case.
* Gordon College in New England may lose its accreditation for believing the Bible.
Shane Krauser and his cohosts, Donnie and Chappy, take on numerous topics, including:
1. President Obama and the U.S. Supreme Court. Will he have the opportunity to appoint more justices? What are the implications?
2. Did President Obama violate the law re: the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? What does the National Defense Authorization Act say?
3. What if there are some members of Congress who are atheists? What does the Constitution say and how does that compare to the people's right to know?
4. The Michael Brown saga in Ferguson, Missouri continues, and Jesse Jackson chimes in. Race baiting or reality?
5. President Obama recently gave a speech calling companies moving their base operations and headquarters to other countries with a lower corporate tax rate "unpatriotic."
This week's stunning Supreme Court decision on prayer before public meetings is a blow to religious diversity, bringing us one step closer to declaring Christianity the nation's official religion - exactly the opposite of what the Founders intended. RH Reality Check legal expert Jessica Pieklo talks about the case, judicial activism and what's left on the docket. Political discussion from the progressive point of view with MOMocrats Cynematic, Anoosh Jorjorian, Astacia Carter, Christina Gleason and Donna Schwartz Mills. Produced by Engender Media Group.
Tonight on Patriot Voices of Social Media has Supreme Court decisions on the 2nd Amendment, Ebola-what does the US government know that we don't? More on why I like the Watchmen of America. Contrafighter blog. Facebook page
Another day, another Supreme Court ruling...this time the Koch brothers have manipulated one of their projects on to the judicial table. The new ruling states that there are no longer any limits on campaign donations to any one political candidate. With the exiting of Obama from the presidency, this new ruling unfairly stacks the deck against Democratic and Indepenedent candidates representing the poor and working class, African-Americans and minorities--and eliminates fair elections and candiate choices for the voters. Billionaires and "elite" groups will be easily able to fund their candidates no matter what the opposing candidates budget or campaign price tags are, because they will always have the ability to match or exceed the numbers, ensuring that the election results will swing their way. The SUpreme Court has done nothing but serve not the people on a whole, but as an ally for the rich. Has the entire instution of America been put on the auction table?
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (44 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (13 chatters)
- MRTALK (8 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (8 chatters)
- Southern Sense Is Conservative (6 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Reentry Radio USA (2 chatters)
- Charles Internatl House Music (2 chatters)
- babycoaldust (2 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (2 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- businessnegotiators1 (1 chatters)
- 64667 (1 chatters)
- GANGSTERS SPORTS (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- simonapple04 (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- LifeScape Radio (1 chatters)