SORT BY Relevancy
The “Wet Your Whistle” Series continues with MICHAEL MADRIGALE, HEAD SOMMELIER at Bar Boulud!
We can’t imagine anyone better than Michael Madrigale, Head Sommelier at Bar Boulud and overseer of the wines at Epicerie and Boulud Sud to talk us through how to intelligently buy wines in a restaurant. A Food & Wine 2012 “Top Sommelier” title holder, Michael is well positioned to guide us on how to order wines properly, what to consider, what to ask and most importantly, what NOT to do. In particular, the restaurant’s emphasis on Rhone Valley and Burgundy wines will allow us to relate specific examples of Michael’s wisdom in a narrower band to make the discussion far more applicable in a restaurant setting generally or specifically at one of the Boulud restaurants.
Join us live at noon on July 23rd as we continue our Wet Your Whistle series, and give you something tangible to show off with the next time you pick up the wine list at a restaurant!
Eddie Huang and co-host Elena Bergeron welcome Michael Madrigale to Monosodium Glutamate. Michael is Head Sommelier at Bar Boulud in New York City, an expert in one of Eddie's favorite subjects - wine.
They talk about the gentrification of wine, how to save old wine-making preferences, and some wine reccomendations that novice wine-drinkers.
This episode is sponsored by Squarespace.com - get a 10% discount when you create your own professional website or online store by using the offer code MSG.
Join The Hungry Goddess in a #WineWednesday adventure with Sommelier, Stephen Rhodes. Steve is going to take us on an adventure of wines and drinking tips from Boones Farm to Burgundy! You can listen AND join in the lively twitter chat on #HGEATS with moderated questions. Have some questions for Steve? Tweet them and he will answer live! Follow @HungryGoddess @HGEATS and @Boones2Burgundy on twitter!
The Hungry Goddess Herself, Kimberly F. Moore, is kicking off the return of the popular weekly #HGEATS twitter chat with a new time and format! Join her at 8pm every Wednesday for a new foodie theme and special guest. Follow the twitter hashtag #HGEATS to chat with other foodies while you are listening live! More information on The Hungry Goddess and #HGEATS.
Another Wednesday, another edition of Canadian Musician Radio. With all of these great summer festivals and tours, we've been able to deliver a heap of artist interviews, and this week is no different.
Join us as we catch up with Juno-winning six-piece "folk popgrass" outfit The Strumbellas, singer-songwriter Astrid Young (also the half-sister of the one and only Neil), and Ryan McCambridge.
The Strumbellas are playing summer festivals across Canada and the U.S. this summer, continuing to promote the sophomore album, We Still Move Dance Floors. While its predecessor, My Father and the Hunter, was nominated for a Juno Award for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year in 2013,We Still Move Dance Floors actually took the trophy earlier in 2014 and was recently long-listed for the 2014 Polaris Music Prize. They're more focused than ever now, and we'll find out why.
Musician, composer, actor, author screenwriter, and sommelier Astrid Young released her fourth solo record, One Night at Giant Rock, at the end of June. In a special performance, Young is kicking off her "psychedelic acid folk" tour in southern Ontario in late July and will work her way west. The album, featuring Victor DeLorenzo of the Violent Femmes is a collection of songs that reflect her personal discovery of the karmic meaning of all her relationships. She speaks about the long gaps between records, some of her other musical endeavors, and more.
Finally, in addition to being a studio engineer who's been the right hand man of producer/engineer David Bottrill (Peter Gabriel, Tool, Dream Theater), Ryan McCambridge has been making music under the moniker of A Calmer Collision. We talk about the sonic balance he's struck between modern rock and electronica as well as how his experience in the studio informs his work as a musician and more.
On Wednesday July 2nd, at 8pm est, 7pm cst, 5pm pst Enjoy the pond and water gardening lifestyle segment, with your host Mike Gannon from the Pond Hunter Radio Broadcast. Mike and his guests will sample different wine varieties from the Koi Pond Cellars label out of Washington State. Come enjoy the water gardening lifestyle with a glass of wine by the pond and the Koi Pond Cellars sommelier . Koi Pond Cellars has some great wine varieties and Mike and his guests will help you decide which ones to choose. Wine and water gardens go together perfectly and Koi Pond Cellars is blending them together! The Pond Hunter Radio Broadcast begins at 8 PM EST. Call in when show is live at 949.534.0637.The Pursuit Of All Things Aquatic.
Jörn Kleinhans is one of the highest paid wine event speakers, an international authority on wine and highly visible expert on blind-tasting.
The who-is-who of Fortune 500 companies have worked with Mr. Kleinhans as a keynote speaker, team building facilitator or retreat entertainer.
Mr. Kleinhans is the founder and owner of The Wine Elite, Southern California's largest wine appreciation event production company, and has conducted hundreds of formal wine tastings for many thousands of attendees.
Besides holding the CSW certification with the Society of Wine Educators, Joey is a Certified Sommelier with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
A CFA charterholder and former Fulbright scholar with a professional investment background, Kleinhans holds graduate degrees in finance and mathematics, and serves as the Vice Chairman of Board on the Board of Directors at the American Red Cross in Orange County.
Join Mary E. as she welcomes Patrick Cullars to ArtSees Diner Radio. Patrick is the General Manager of William B's Steakhouse William B's is located in Blue Chip Casino and Spa, Michigan City, Indiana. Patrick is a member of Society of Wine Educators as a Wine Steward/Sommelier. He obtained certification through the University of Nevada Las Vegas in Food and Beverage, as well as Hotel and Casino Management.
Patrick is the consummate professional, and is known for sharing "I have the best job in the world!"
Blue Chip Casino and Spa is a member of the Boyd Gaming Family! Special thanks to the Boyd Gaming Family for sharing Patrick Cullars for this exclusive interview.
Tonight's featured musician is Steve Champagne and a little special something by Champagne and LaLuna!
Eddie Osterland is a dynamic Speaker and Entertainer. For more than 25---years, Eddie has traveled the world giving highly entertaining keynote dinner talks and delivered workshops to corporate audiences on Power Entertaining with Food and Wine.
Eddie shares his strategies on how to Power Entertain clients with ease, class, and confidence, using great wine, food and hospitality to close more big deals, solidify key business relationships and build strong lasting business relationships. Eddie’s helped hundreds of executives and CEO’s become successful Power Entertainers and speaks to more than 45 organizations per year.
In 2008, he was the only Master Sommelier invited to entertain corporate clients at the Bejing Olympics. Eddie Is the Business and Entertaining Coach for Vistage International, the world’s leading CEO organization with more than 14,000 members worldwide.
Eddie has the distinction of being America’s very first Master Sommelier, the highest International distinction that a professional can attain in fine wine and beverage service.
Author of "Power Entertaining."
Eddie holds a Degree in Psychology and is an Instrument Rated Pilot.
Our guests this morning are Shaunna McKelvey and Marcelo Freitas
Shaunna is the General Manager of Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach. She is a native of Manhattan Beach and has spent 20 years in the food, beverage and hospitality industry.
She returned to Los Angeles to attend UCLA where she earned her Bachelor's Degree in English
Literature. Shaunna’s passion is the study of exceptional leadership and superior guest service.
She is inspired by her work, her team and the incredible opportunities Shade Hotel has offered her.
His initial intention was to spend only 3 or 4 months in the area.
He unknowingly began his career in the restaurant industry as a busser in Sausalito, proceeded to work as a waiter/bartender and then moved into management.
The desire for more food and wine knowledge was sparked while working at Postrio in 1992 with the then "not so famous" Chef Wolfgang Puck.
Marcelo started learning more and more about food and wine, became a certified sommelier in 1997 and has been designing wine lists and managing several top restaurants in SF and Marin County ever since.
His passion for wine took a turn in 2006 when he met Agustin Huneeus, proprietor of Quintessa and three short weeks later, Marcelo began working for Agustin at Quintessa winery.
This morning, we’re going to learn about Shade Hotel’s monthly Wine Academy which takes place tonight and will be featuring the wines of Quintessa.
To Find Out More about Jackie Balestra visit
To Find Out More Your Host, Joe Terry visit
On Facebook at ...
Or our Website at ...
in Self Help
Are you following your passion? And what does it mean to follow one’s passion anyway?
Join me as I discuss this very topic with Wine Expert, Anthony Giglio.
Anthony is the Wine Director for American Express’s The Centurion Club, has written 10 books (including three editions of the annual FOOD & WINE MAGAZINE Wine Guide and five editions of the enormously popular Mr. Boston Official Bartender’s Guide on top of his highly-regarded first book, Cocktails in New York.
He is currently a wine reporter for CBS News Radio, as well as the wine columnist for La Cucina Italiana and the “Online Sommelier” for the FOOD & WINE Magazine’s Connoisseur Club. He has written for numerous publications, including Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure, New York, Esquire, Details, The New York Observer, Every Day with Rachael Ray and Parade Magazine.
And in addition, he has appeared on The Today Show, The Food Network, CNBC, and FOX Business News., as well as being an occasional guest on American Public Media’s “The Splendid Table” with Lynne Rossetto Kasper.
We will be discussing how he found his passion, as well as how he has created a life and career around it. And in the end, you may find some help information on following your own passion.
The affable Doug Frost, one of the world's 3 Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wine, joins the ladies of at Louie's Wine DIve to talk booze. New trends, old favorites, wine for tukeys, drinks for your in-laws, or to help you enjoy your family gatherings, Doug is a favorite guest here on EverydayKC.
Enjoy the laughs with the ladies of EDKC as they listen to Doug's stories.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
A native of Senegal and Bordeaux, Oumy Diaw started at The Boulevard Haussmann of Paris as a Champagne buyer at the retail of The Galeries Lafayette and Sommelier, 100% dedicated to champagne for the department store’s fancy delis and restaurants in 2002. She then got spotted by Joseph Henriot himself, who invited her to become a brand manager in UK and West Coast USA.
In 2009, she decided to begin her own business “The Champagne Sommelier™” in order to not only define and pioneer a new and deep tasting protocol solely dedicated to Champagne and sparkling wine category, but also to officialized her trademark title and concept of “Champagne Sommelier™”, to elevate the category and encompass the requirements Champagne demands at any level in order to be understood, tasted and sold properly in the wine world.
We CAN'T WAIT to *CLINK!* & hear more!
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (99 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (64 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (60 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (41 chatters)
- NTEB (40 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (21 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (21 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (16 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (12 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (10 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (9 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (9 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (8 chatters)
- Life Conversations (7 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (7 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- TimBinnall (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (5 chatters)
- FSF Radio (5 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- American Statesman (4 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Talk2Q (4 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (3 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (3 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- antoinette harrell (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (2 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- RHeart (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- BleachBANGSc (1 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (0 chatters)