SORT BY Relevancy
Jennifer Michael is dynamic. Funny. Passionate. Determined. And busy! She is the founder of CraftyStitches.com and is on a mission to remind and teach women and young girls that sewing is every bit a part of the STEM movement as anything else. In fact, she was just invited to the White House (yes, THAT White House) as a representative of Etsy (yes, THAT Esty!) to talk about it. Her products are beautiful and so is her vision. Hang on as you listen in! Now where is my sewing machine....
I've often wondered whyit is that, when I am going through something; it is in those timesthat I feel most creative? Is it possible that in those times a person becomes more aligned with his/her inner being?
We've all heard the expression "Reap What You Sew" right? But what does that "really" mean. Author Chris Boersma Smith joins me to discuss the connection between creativity and healing. As she shares the inspiration behind her newly release book "Reap As You Sew" on this episode of "Real Talk With Tammie".
Meet Kim Newell of Kim's Uphostery Shop , Judith Ellis of JCE Sews 4U and Terese Bennett of Cozy Cottage Slipcovers.com, whom all own their own sewing businesses.
Let's find out how they started their businesses, and why they started making slipcovers for furniture. Each will be teaching at the Slipcover Summit in Hickory, NC June 26 -29, 2012.
European-born (Poland) spent some of childhood in Europe. Grew up in Chicago, later moved to Wisconsin, 13 years in Boston, moved to Seattle 3 years ago to continue graduate education Professional life: scientist/materials engineer working in nanotechnology R&D group in Seattle Business: too many hobbies. I live to make/create things. Interests developed in early childhood in my dad’s (engineer/carpenter) workshop. Soap love came from grandmother’s/mom’s love of all that’s simple and all that’s natural. Best soap recipes I have are from my grandma Greatest passions: woodworking, sewing, soap making, knitting How did the business started: search for perfect soap making aids. I didn’t own a house previously and I had no room for workshop setup. Since its purchase I have been remodeling it building furniture for it and working on other projects. I also had a space for a soap room. From there I came to realize that I needed molds easy to work with and ones in which I could create prettiest designs possible. My molds received such great feedback from fellow soapers that I decided to share them with others. When I became a vendor for Bramble Berry I realized that I have created something unique. It’s only beginning but we’ll see
This short film Abyss of Being is about how our love ones who come home from the war and have seen and experince the horros of war. PTSD is all shape sizes, male or female, we all suffer with our loves ones!
Cloud MyKals and Byron James have written this heart gripping short film. It brought back my emotions as a veteran, and I am hoping all of your will come out for the showing on Feburary 17, 2015 at 7:00 pm and ends at 9:00 pm PCT.
"When The War is Over The Battle for The Mind Begins"
in Self Help
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Day 1 of Big Blend Radio’s special Quality of Life Radio Expo, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
- Meg Blackburn Losey, PhD – Author ‘THE CHILDREN OF NOW...EVOLUTION: How We Can Support the Fast-Forward Evolution of Our Children and All of Humanity’
- Mae Edwards – Singer-songwriter, violinist, recording artist, author 'Starlette & Saint: A Memoir On Dualism’
- Asher Fox, C.Ht,.Sc.B. – Author ‘Fat to Fearless: Enjoy Permanent Weight Loss and End Emotional Eating...For Good!’
- Aggie Garcia – Fashion designer and owner of Illusions by Aggie discusses Sewing History.
- Glynn Burrows - Norfolk Tours in England explains ‘Why Buy Local?’
Join us for "THE SET APART LIFE Morning Show". This show is about what we do as Mothers, Sisters, Aunts and most of all Daughters of The Most High Yah in our everyday lives. So join us every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 8:00 a.m. PST for he topic of the day.
Listen in as Emah Ahuvah Chana Baht Yah, Emah Hannah Baht Yah and our Baht in Yah, Asah Tirtsah BahtYah as we discuss the topic of the day with any special guest we may have.
Join us as and our special guest, Bernease Brown as we talk about herbs, and what they are good for.
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (19 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (17 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (15 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (9 chatters)
- Perry Steele (8 chatters)
- Universal Radio (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (4 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- Sultry Sammi Craig (3 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (3 chatters)
- Transition Radio (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Progress in the World (2 chatters)
- QAR Live Radio (2 chatters)
- Interstellar Realities (2 chatters)
- Jason OBrien (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Blue Waters Twin Sister (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- FrmHsPerspectiv (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (1 chatters)
- I Love Politics (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (0 chatters)