SORT BY Relevancy
Join us as we break bread with our Special Featured Guest, Best Selling Author, Journalist, Lecturer, Educator and Poet, "MR. OMAR TYREE." He is just returning back from his National Book Tour, promoting his latest book titled, "ALL ACCESS" WHEN OUR REAL LIVES....BECOME THE BIGGEST ACT. The O' of Literature has published 28 books and more on the burner cooking. Soon before Washington, D.C. own Mayor Marion Barry, transition, Omar Tyree was blessed to pin the last book along with him titled, "Mayor for Life : The Incredible Story of Marion Barry, Jr."
Omar, being a man of many great talents and persistant has landed a movie deal with CODE BLACK ENTERTAINMENT and LIONGATES as they will be the Executive Producers of the "Flyy Girl," trilogy series ; starring actress, SANAA LATHAN.
Don't place the O' of literature in a box because his name is not Jack. Jack in the box can't bring out the truth like O' as he delivers in his new song titled, "WHERE ARE WE NOW?"
We invite you to take a tour of Omar Tyree's website at www.omartyree.com where you can read, shop, listen and purchase his latest book titled, "ALL ACCESS" WHEN OUR REAL LIVES ....BECOME THE BIGGEST ACT
Spread the word the O' of literature is back and he's amped to continue his LEGACY!!!
Have you ever dated a man who was smart, handsome, seemed to have all the qualities you looked for in a husband…but later turned out to be 100% crazy? Many of you saw the box office smash, “The Perfect Guy” starring Sanaa Lathan, Michael Ealy and Morris Chestnut… now, tune into “The Dedan Tolbert Show” LIVE TONIGHT at 9:00pm EST for our in depth analyzation of the film and discussion on “How to Avoid Attracting a PSYCHO!”. Feel free to call in with questions/comments to 646 200 0366 or listen LIVE online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com... “REAL Radio that Matters for Over 10 Years” #RRTM
Did you miss our recent special on “Hollywood’s Portrayal of African American Women, where we discussed Beyonce being named Time Magazine’s Most Influential Person, Lupita Nyong’o being named People Magazine’s Most Beautiful Woman, how men feel about women with weaves, tattoos, piercings and relaxed hair vs natural hair? If so, tune into "The Dedan Tolbert Show" TONIGHT at 9:00pm EST for a special rebroadcast. Listen 7 nights a week by calling 646 200 0366 or listen online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com... "REAL Radio that Matters for over 10 Years".
This week, Ndustry Hosts, Akia Uwanda and Nicole Lester, Interview Famed and Beloved Author, Omar Tyree.
Omar is a New York Times best-selling author, journalist, lecturer, poet, screenwriter, songwriter, playwrite, host, blogger, publishing consultant and literacy advocate, who has won a 2001 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literature in Fiction, a 2006 Phillis Wheatley Literary Award for Body of Work in Urban Fiction, a 2008 Citation from the City Council of Philadelphia for the African-American Children's Book Fair, and a 2010 HBCU Legends Award for his tiresome work in urban literacy.
Along with dozens of literacy awards from various national organizations, Tyree has founded and formed his own nonprofit arm of the Urban Literacy Project (ULP), where he highlights “The 5 Key Components of Literacy” (Reading, Writing, Thinking, Visualization and Application). He published 12 Brown Boys for young urban readers in September of 2008 and continues his tireless community work in urban literacy.
Most recently, Omar Tyree's urban classic Flyy Girl trilogy novel series was optioned for a feature film production by Code Black and Lions Gate Films, starring Love & Basketball Sanaa Lathan. And on Tuesday, October 6, 2015, Tyree will launch his new publishing imprint OTI (Omar Tyree Incorporated) with the explosive release of his latest and most timely novel, All Access.
For more information on his career work and various titles, please view his web site @ www.OmarTyree.com
Tune in to the live show via mobile at 718-766-4964 or online.
Hi Bedroom Playmates
Last weekend “The Perfect Guy” wasreleased in theaters and according to the previews Sanaa Lathan’s character leaves her husband and starts dating a new guy that she feels is perfect for her. Well this new guy doesn’t necessarily prove as perfect as we thought! It looks as though the ex-husband comes to the rescue to save her.
Would you do the same thing if your lover left or cheated on you with someone that turned out to be like this character? What if the person your lover cheated on you with became a stalker, abusive, or just downright crazy? Would you be willing to defend your lover AND take him/her back? If so, why or why not?
What if you left your lover and started relations with a new mate and this person became abusive or left you broken hearted…then you realize you want to go back to your ex; would you expect your ex to rescue you AND to take you back?
I’m really looking forward to discussing this issue and hearing your thoughts!
Tune in and share
Over the last 20 years, when discussing women, the term "Dime" has become synonymous with class and beauty...However, I've found that many women aren't 100% sure what characteristics, qualities and behaviors are used to determine true dime status. If you're interested in hearing exactly how professional, Christian men from all around the country rate women, tune into "Barbershop Talk" on "The Dedan Tolbert Show" TONIGHT at 9:00pm EST as some of the realest men in the country discuss "The Definition of a DIME". Listen 7 nights a week by calling 646 200 0366 or online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com... "Real Radio that Matters for Over 10 Years".
1. The death toll from Nepal's earthquake soared past 3,300 on Monday, and how much higher it would rise depended largely on the condition of vulnerable mountain villages that rescue workers were still struggling to reach two days after the disaster.
2. Hours after an Israeli air strike on militants along the Syrian border, Arab news networks al-Jazeera and al-Arabiya reported a new Israeli attack in Syrian territory early on Monday morning, targeting missile launchers held by Hezbollah and forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad.
3. At least five air strikes hit military sites and an area near the presidential palace compound in the Yemeni capital Sanaa at dawn on Sunday while warships pounded an area near the port of the southern city of Aden.
4. Huge military exercises are underway off and around Britain's coast, but NATO insists they are not a deliberate response to the Russian military's increasingly brazen behavior.
5. U.S. law enforcement officials and terror analysts say a recent string of terror-related cases in the U.S., including the the arrests of six Minnesota men accused earlier this month of attempting to join the Islamic State, highlights an unprecedented marketing effort being waged by ISIS.
6. The Middle East is plunging deeper into an arms race, with an estimated $18 billion expected to be spent on weapons this year, a development that experts warn is fuelling serious tension and conflict in the region.
7. Israel’s air force commander said on Thursday that the use of Israeli military force against Iran's nuclear facilities would be an act of "last resort," but part of his role is to ensure that the air force has "the genuine capacity to get the job done" if ordered to do so.
THE RADIO VOICE OF THE ORGANIZATION "SISTERS IN HARMONY"
WE INVITE ALL OUR FAMILY TO JOIN US JANUARY 13TH FOR ANOTHER GREAT SHOW. WE WILL HAVE SPECIAL GUEST ON THE MIC WITH US.
1) HARAMBEE TABLE ( THE PITON INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL NEWS UPDATE) WITH THE LUCIAN ROTI QUEEN "LIZ ROTI" CALLING IN LIVE FROM ST. LUCIA
2) AUTHOR/PRODUCER MR. ROGER GRANT WILL JOIN TO TALK ABOUT HIS NEW BOOK
3) SISTER SANAA SHABAZZ WILL UPDATE US ON THE THINGS SHE IS WORKING ON IN THE COMMUNITY
4) PROF. SAYFULLAAH AL-AMRIYKLY WILL JOIN US TO TALK ABOUT HIS EVENT THAT WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN PHILADELPHIA ON THE 17TH
5) BROTHER MILTON DAVIS WILL JOIN BROTHER MAASI AND I ON LIGHTS, CAMERA ,HARMONY.
SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL IN (917-889-7765) AND BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION
Recently, I had the opportunity to watch the movie, "Repentance", starring Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie, and Sanaa Lathan. This psychological thriller was originally titled "Vipaka", which is a Buddhist term for karma -- the idea that we reap what we sow and the need for repentance to make things right.
In the film, Thomas Carter (played by Anthony Mackie) is a life coach and a jack-leg psychologist who became popular from a bestselling book that he wrote after his experience in a car wreck five years before. A man, Angel Sanchez (played by Forest Whitaker), is deeply troubled by the "untimely,” strange death of his mother which, unbeknownst to us at the beginning of the film, Thomas and his brother, Ben (played by Mike Epps), have something to do with. Angel goes to Thomas for counseling to help him come to terms with the death of his mother.
Somehow, Angel becomes convinced that Thomas has something to do with the death of his mother.
One day, Thomas visits Angel’s home to tell him that he was going to leave for a while and that he needed to seek counseling from someone else. Angel reacts negatively, ties Thomas up, and kidnaps Thomas' wife and his brother, Ben. Angel begins torturing Thomas to get him to confess the sins of his past, sometimes comically using Thomas' own teachings from his book against him. Angel, of course, is waiting for Thomas to confess his involvement in his mother's death. Thomas begins confessing every sin that he can think of until he gets to the one that apparently relieves Angel's burden.
The lesson of this film reminds us of a Biblical truth -- "be sure your sin will find you out." Every wrong thing that we do, no matter how well we think we may have hidden it, will eventually be brought out into the open...
in Pop Culture
Where do ratchet babies come from? Happy Father's Day! The #SundayDinnerCrew is back! Tune in tonight at 8pm ET as #HolliewoodAndFriends (Hollie Wood, Venor & Miss Juddy) give you the latest #HotInTheBlogs topics as only they can!
They'll also get aquainted with up and coming Hip-Hop artist 401K.
Everyone is talking about the College student who breast fed her baby during the graduation ceremony. Big deal or nah?
The new season of "Orange Is The New Black" plus details on Season 3.
Jermaine Dupri defends Mariah Carey's album sales.
Most ridiculous petition ever. Beyonce and Jay Z told to comb Blue Ivy's hair
Sanaa Lathan's Stalker
And a WHOLE LOT MORE!
Including #RecklessAndRatchet and #WhatBlowsMine? Where you, the listener can call in and tell us what's that one thing that just gets under your skin. Tune in tonight at 8pm ET!
You can call 646-716-8544 just to listen or press 1 to be a part of the show and speak your mind on the topics.
Are you an artist? Do you know an artist? Submit music to the be played on the show firstname.lastname@example.org
**CATCH HOLLIE WOOD AND FRIENDS LIVE IN CONCERT - JUNE 29TH - 7PM - SPIKE HILL 186 BEDFORD AVE (IN WILLIAMSBURG, BK) FEATURING PERFORMANCES BY HOLLIE WOOD, VENOR, TATIANA SCOTT AND MORE... 21+ - TIX $10 - FACEBOOK.COM/IAMHOLLIEWOOD**
Join Host Live Chats
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (8 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- We Are One Amerca (3 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (2 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Changing Worldviews (1 chatters)
- Daniel J Vena (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Sex Energy Goddess13 (1 chatters)
- true psychics network (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (0 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (0 chatters)