SORT BY Relevancy
Online social networks have transformed the way that we relate, organize, and create meaning in our global society. People and communities that have never interacted now routinely have the ability to learn collectively and interact in a virtual shared space. Cloud computing, ecommerce, smart phones, and virtual social graphs provide the foundation for the tremendous benefits of this global connectivity, but also present a shared vulnerability and provide others with,” the power to damage (Johnson et al 2011, p. 2)”.
In a survey of Facebook users, 91% of participants were unaware of the terms of service and even when made aware of the privacy options and terms of service, few users changed their privacy standards (Hull et al 2010). The definition of the term friend seems to be the crux of the issue as the watered down interpretation of friend – someone that you may know or that of a friend of a friend is provided access to your network. A friend in an off-line setting most often is afforded privileges once trust and intention are ascertained, but on-line, all friends are created and treated equally. Is your personal information safe? What about the safety of youth on Facebook? Who is responsible for privacy standards - the industry or the individual? Join Tony,Jen, and Melissa's discussion about privacy and trust on social networking sites.
Join Jen, Tony, and Melissa's discussion about privacy on Facebook.
Joe and Kate are joined by Jon Rudnitsky and Nathan Macintosh to discuss whether or not they've ever gone through their girlfriend's or boyfriend's email , phone, or FaceBook and whether it's forgivable. They also talk about how when you break up with someone you shouldn't ever check their FaceBook page, because it'll just end with you crying in the fetal position.
This program will be featuring my white paper titled Privacy Resources. We will be highlighting the latest and greatest resources covering PRIVACY resources including search engines, subject directories, articles, guides and tracers - literally everything PRIVACY!!! We will also discussing my latest freely available Awareness Watch Newsletter V13N3 March 2015 highlighting Academic and Scholar Search Engines and Sources and my freely available March 2015 Zillman Column featuring Startup Resources for the Entrepreneur. You may call in to ask your questions at (718)508-9839. The show is live and thirty minutes in length starting at 2:00pm EST on Saturday, March 28, 2015 and then archived for easy review and access. Listen, Call and Enjoy!!
What amount of privacy should there be in our relationships? We're talking parent-child relationships all the way to dating and marriage. There are those who don't believe in privacy and those who think it's a must. Tonight we will discuss the idea of privacy from diaries all the way down to passwords. Tune in to listen and even share your thoughts with Dr. And Lady Newells tonight on Relationship Central!
On today's episode of Getting Social with Miriam, the topic that will be covered is privacy protection and how to keep your data private and secure. I will be interviewing Janine Darling, the CEO of Stash America, which is a data security firm. We will talk about the truth about idenity theft and how you can keep your information, and the information of your friends and family secure. Go to http://www.stashdaddy.com to find out more.
Ever since Edward Snowden exposed what many people suspected with the NSA and it's unchecked and blatant look into our personal lives, collecting data for "security reasons" people around the world have been looking for more secure and private ways of sharing data and info with one another. Instead of finding a network or a partner in the business of encyrption, why not build a computer that would assist in the process of keeping the user private? Enter Todd Weaver, founder and CEO of Purism.
Todd has been a free software advocate since 1994 and has been a successful entrepreneur with a deep background in open source technology including creating significant innovations in internet video delivery that enabled the first online cable TV company.
The Librem is the first laptop designed to protect your freedom, privacy and security.
Please join me as we find out more about this important development in person computing and the man behind it.
Todd and Purism are also in the final stages of crowdfunding for the Librem. Please join in and co-create a historical moment with Todd and Librem.
What amount of privacy should there be in our relationships? We're talking parent-child relationships all the way to dating and marriage. There are those who don't believe in privacy and those who think it's a must. Today we will discuss the idea of privacy from diaries all the way down to passwords. Tune in to listen and even share your thoughts with Dr. And Lady Newells tonight on Relationship Central!
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (76 chatters)
- John Baptist (69 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (30 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (13 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Littany (8 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- DDP Radio (8 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (6 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (6 chatters)
- Thats Novel (6 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- Spiritual Angel Whisperer (5 chatters)
- PayMeWhatIamWorth (5 chatters)
- Powertalk with OG Mack Drama (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- America Matters Radio (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (4 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (3 chatters)
- Cheri Roberts (3 chatters)
- allah team (3 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- Your Psychic Connection (2 chatters)
- The X Nation BBQ Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Get Moxie The Lifestyle Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)