SORT BY Relevancy
Online social networks have transformed the way that we relate, organize, and create meaning in our global society. People and communities that have never interacted now routinely have the ability to learn collectively and interact in a virtual shared space. Cloud computing, ecommerce, smart phones, and virtual social graphs provide the foundation for the tremendous benefits of this global connectivity, but also present a shared vulnerability and provide others with,” the power to damage (Johnson et al 2011, p. 2)”.
In a survey of Facebook users, 91% of participants were unaware of the terms of service and even when made aware of the privacy options and terms of service, few users changed their privacy standards (Hull et al 2010). The definition of the term friend seems to be the crux of the issue as the watered down interpretation of friend – someone that you may know or that of a friend of a friend is provided access to your network. A friend in an off-line setting most often is afforded privileges once trust and intention are ascertained, but on-line, all friends are created and treated equally. Is your personal information safe? What about the safety of youth on Facebook? Who is responsible for privacy standards - the industry or the individual? Join Tony,Jen, and Melissa's discussion about privacy and trust on social networking sites.
Join Jen, Tony, and Melissa's discussion about privacy on Facebook.
Online Privacy and how your computer, smartphone and tablet provide data.
Eleven15 Talk Format-
Questions drive the topics of Brigette's Eleven15 Talk on safety, tech and community; work, schools, campuses. Send topic questions to twitter @searchkidd or connect on Linkedin, (include 11:15 in the invite)
Strategies with online safety and privacy with mobile apps, email, e-commerce, websites and database security.
Weekly spotlights on some of the best socially conscious apps, and causes that are helping make the world a better place, especially for women, children and seniors.
Brigette is a tech entrepreneur and speaker.
As the subject of personal privacy continues to be one of concern and a proposed bill is about to be submitted for consideration, one wonders "What are my rights as an individual to expect privacy?" Just what does the Constitution of the United States guarantee? Does it guarantee anything?
If history tells us anything on this subject, it tells us, "Maybe, maybe not."
Join me this morning "In the Pickle Barrel" as we take a quick look at updates on some of the events and stories of the day and then the discussion of Privacy Rights. Just be aware...if you join me live on air what you say is not private. Afterall, you will be live!
Hope to see you at 7-8:30AM In the Barrel.
Privacy today looks very different than it did 20 years ago… and the drive toward more personalized instruction from students, parents, and educators challenges privacy even further. Is it possible to build barriers to thwart data thieves and support general anonymity while providing educators with access to assessment and more nuanced qualitative information? The ability to balancing these demands is essential if we are to realize the benefits that personalized learning can offer.
Communities are trying to address the challenge of providing the infrastructure to support quality education, while still adhering to socially acceptable policies around data security and anonymity. With instruction, it’s not simply about assessment but providing substantial feedback that allows students to become masters of their own learning. In order to be effective, educators and educational environments need to know who the learner is, balance the trade offs between complete anonymity and provide access to information that informs instruction.
Join Michael Jay and guests as they take a bite out of the hard questions like:
How is technology outside of education progressing and how can we leverage it to improve our systems?
How can we educate decision makers about the trade offs around privacy/anonymity and also set expectations with parents and the larger community?
Guests at the Table:
Tim Discipio, Founder, ePals
Jeff Patterson, Founder and CEO, Gaggle, Inc.
Francesca Venning, Learning Technology Consultant, Venning and Associates
When couples come together as one in a relationship, is there room for each partner’s privacy? For instance, should it bother one’s partner if he or she doesn’t want to give one the passcode to his/her cell phone or information to log into his/her email for the sake of privacy? Opinions vary on this subject – especially between men and women.
Tune in as we discuss this juicy topic
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (26 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (23 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (19 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (18 chatters)
- StarChasr (17 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (17 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Curious Times (10 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- The Seika Network (9 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (8 chatters)
- drkate (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (5 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (5 chatters)
- Raw Sex (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Dr PrincessOdilia (3 chatters)
- men empowered (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)