SORT BY Relevancy
On January 22, at 3pmEST, we present Mary Diaz on the "Huaman Rights Demand" radio broadcast. Mary is a prisoner activist who advocates for paroles and pardons. Tell us your opinion by calling (347)857-3293, or you can listen by computer live or hear the archived tape 24/7. Diaz is affiliated with "Human Conflicts," and "LET MY PEOPLE GO" is the motto. Mary lives in Florida, which had over 5,200 inmates who were parole eligible in 2014 but only released 18. Prison investors on Pardons and Parole Boards are a barrier to freedom for many rehabilitated inmates, I think.
Diaz said Alabama's Pardon and Parole Board has become a trendsetter for the rest of the country regarding releases. In Alabama during 2014, the Board considered 6,647 paroles, of which 2,237 were granted. The Board granted 657 pardons of 798 pardons heard and processed 522 voter rights restorations. That is real progress against mass incarceration. Some of the change may be credited to the ?Southern Poverty Law Center's lawsuit against the Alabama prison system.
"Presently, Maynard Cooper & Gale is fighting a Southern Poverty Law Center lawsuit that claims the health care provided to Alabama's inmates is inadequate and unconstitutional. Correctional health care firm Corizon is paying the firm to fight the lawsuit on behalf of the state due to a provision in its $224 million contract with the state. In total, the state has spent $1.86 million in taxpayer money to fight prison lawsuits in the past four years." reports AL(dot) com. That sum likely also includes a lawsuit by the ACLU? for segregating inmates with HIV. Righteous lawsuits litigated in just courts matter.
January is our month for new beginnings. We'll discuss pardons, paroles, and successful re-entry this month at Human Rights Demand and at National Network in Action (NNIA1). Please participate!
Cops Are Buying Cameras. Should You Buy the Camera Company?
On Monday, December 1, 2014, President Obama vowed to build more trust between communities and police. According to WhiteHouse.gov, “Part of the proposal is a new Body Worn Camera As Partnership Program, which would provide a 50 percent match to states and localities that purchase body worn cameras and requisite storage. In fact, the proposed $75 million, three-year investment could help purchase 50,000 body worn cameras.”
This is great news for underserved communities. But it is also great news for Taser International, a leading provider of the video-cam of choice for police officers, the Taser Axon Flex.
Could cameras on cops prevent future Ferguson and Staten Island tragedies?
For additional information on my analysis of Taser, read the article, "Cops are Buying Cameras. Should You Buy the Camera Company?" at the link directly below.
Save the date: Tues, Sept 9th at 8-9pm. My first new show for season. Meet activist @tamikadmallory. She's the former executive director for Rev. Al Sharpton National Action Network & Founder/President of Mallory Consulting. Mallory works with the Obama administration on equal rights for women, health care, gun control etc. We'll discuss her career and more. Listen at www.blogtalkradio.com/meccashow1. Don't miss this show. Call in with questions or comment at 347.857.4866
Tonight on Our InDaMixxx show we start of with LilWayne's "BelieveMe" (big new record for LilWayne) and then we mix into Tyga brand new hit "PassMeTheHookah" (ft Young Thug). In the number 3 slot is KidInk with "MainChick" (this dudes on a roll) and at #4 we debut TheCollective (BeatMekanixxxs) doing our "GetAtMe3PcAnthem" (#WeFixinTheBeat). Next we hightlight another OjedaPenn cut "PresidentObama" (J-Hop is here). An Atl/NO rapper WingzOnaPlane is next with his cut "GlobalMind" (this dude is the truth #ComeOnWingz). Rico Love is next with his version of "Parinoid" (great remix) and we wind it up with WillIAm's "ImFeelinMyself" (ft MileyCyrus, WizKhalifa & JuicyJ) call in at (347) 826-7743. #CUTonit
Listen as we go live again tonite and take President Obamas Speech apart for complete analyzation.
Corresspondent and anchor Mark Falzon to commentate.
This show sponsored by ladylibertyinstitute
Log onto our forum here: Youthforindependenceforum
Today on the Brian The Hammer Show:
-Thamsanqa Jantjie - The sign language interpreter widely ridiculed for his performance at the Nelson Mandela memorial stands by his work.
-Ethan Couch, 16 year old Texas Boy kills 4 people while driving drunk - No Jail Time because he's rich. Defense: the youth is himself a victim -- of "affluenza" according to one psychologist -- The product of wealthy, privileged parents who never set limits for the boy.
-Nick Goroff, will be here to talk about his article: "Bernie Sanders Stuns Washington by Introducing Single-Payer Health Care Bill"
-RG3 benched for 3 seasons - What are your thoughts?
-6yr old accused of Sexual Harassment - The principal at the Colorado school where a 6-year-old was suspended Monday for planting a kiss on a classmate's cheek said the allegations on the student's record will be changed from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct."
-Duck Dynasty goes to Afghanistan
-Zimmerman will not face domestic charges
Join us LIVE at 9am pacific - 12pm eastern time - Call in with comments and questions 646-595-3032
1) Because I tell it like it is
2) because I seek out the truth
3) because I put three hours worth of material into fifteen short minutes
4) Because I think like an individual with my own thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes! Yep their all mine!
5) Because as a conservative, what we have to say has value in society. I am not liberal that believes in tax and spend other peoples monies!
6) Because the is no me, I am unique, funny, opinionated!
7) Because I am humble, cool, calm, collective and educated and experienced in real life.
8) Because I have had a multitude of failures and successes. That's what being American is all about!!!!!
9) Because I am truly blessed to be an American citizen living in the Golden State of California!!!!
10) Because I was born poor, and have accidentlly made it in this complicated society, we call America.
Folks this is a very historic day....I am having an open mic show for two hours in hope that we get phone calls from DC as follow up as far as how things went during the conference. If you get this early enough, tune in Thursday AM-9am:live stream until 530pm EST on:
We will be sharing alot of good, related music to the truth about what happened to Native Americans for many generations. From the beginning of when Columbus took the wrong turn, to present day feet dragging by our government to live up to & honor the treaties. YES IT HAS BEEN ALL ABOUT
1) Real Estate 2) Resources 3) poor money management and investments 4) racist curriculum in our school systems and in the marketing/products/commercialism arenas 5)isolation; 6)minimal health care for all(if at all)-including urgent care; 7) trust fund appropriations & no pay out to those who, in some cases, have lived in poverty & died waiting for the well deserved payment; 8) mis-conceptions by outsiders who think we don't pay taxes & that casinos have made us all rich- NOT!; 9) theft & exploitation of our ceremonies by plastic shamans, cult leaders & even our own people in some circumstances; 10) boarding schools & other religions oppressing us & trying to "kill the Indian"; 11) toxic dumping on Indian lands, creating cancerous & other deadly health conditions & concerns on some tribal lands; 12) having to create laws & acts to protect our ways; 13) Desecration of sacred sites; 14) dams erected , destroying historical & ancient sites of our people; 15) NAGPRA laws being ignored & exceptions being made for trespass & development on top of burial ground & archaeological sites; 16) loss of many our languages.....this is the short list
PLEASE Call in (718) 508-9165
Join Host Live Chats
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (23 chatters)
- CRAZY NATION RADIO (9 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (8 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (8 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Anticrisis73 (4 chatters)
- Crankhouse Radio (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- MHH NETWORK (2 chatters)
- the real talk show1 (1 chatters)
- The Word Radio (1 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- order of the black dragon (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)