SORT BY Relevancy
Tenants gathered in the community room of Stonehenge Village, an Upper West Side rental complex, to hear about its new gym. Management explained that only market-rate tenants — fewer than 40 percent of the residents — would have access, Jean Green Dorsey, the president of the tenant association.“I had a room full of people going crazy,” said Ms. Dorsey, who has lived in the building since 1972 in a rent-stabilized unit. Ms. Dorsey pays $1,107 a month for a two-bedroom with a terrace and views of Harlem. New York Times
Extell, was approved under a city program meant to incentivize affordable housing, New York's Department of Housing Preservation and Development The 33-story building, now under construction at 40 Riverside Boulevard on the Upper West Side, will contain 219 luxury units facing the Hudson River. There will also be a segment on floors two through six that will contain 55 street-facing units for the building's poorer residents. This segment will have a Poor Door.Residents living in the lower-income part of 40 Riverside will be prohibited from using the attractive amenities commonly found in Extell properties, including a gym and a swimming pool.
WHY ARE POOR PEOPLE POOR AND RICH PEOPLE RICH? TONIGHT WE ARE GOING TO LOOK AT SOME THINGS THAT YOU HAVE ASKED YOURSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHY ARE POOR PEOPLE POOR AND RICH PEOPLE RICH?
IS IT BECAUSE OF HOW THE RICH OR POOR ARE PARENTS RAISED THEM OR IS IT BECAUSE THEY HAD MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE?
THE ANSWER I GIVE YOU MAY UPSET YOU, BUT THERE IS A REASON WHY THE POOR IS POOR AND THE RICH IS RICH.
The show will explore the hardships that many working Americans face daily earning minimum pay. These Americans are often victims of systematic forms of usary and encounter difficulties rising above poverty lines. We will examine ways to transform the lives of the working poor while exploring the biblical principles of tithing, giving and receiving.
MINIMUM WAGE FOR THE RICH $6 MILLION AN HOUR AND FOR THE POOR $7:25 WE MUST STAND UP AND FIGHT BACK PEPLE TOGETHER AS ONE PEOPLE IT'S THE ONLY WAY
Fast Food Franchise Owners Ask Congress For Help To Stop Worker Campaign For Wages, Union
Immigration reform will help economy
This week on Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson, Stephanie addresses the troubling and ongoing challenge of poverty in America. Though the media and our national conversation regularly neglects the harsh realities of our nation’s poor, poverty remains a critical issue affecting an alarming number of families and individuals. So here, in 2014, who are these individuals? What do they look like and how old are they? And, most importantly, are we ready to face the issue?
Joining us to address some of these challenging questions is Peter Edelman, Professor of Law at Georgetown Law Center and Faculty Co-Director of the Georgetown Center on Poverty, Inequality and Public Policy; Angela Glover Blackwell, CEO of PolicyLink, a research and action institute advancing economic and social equity; and Eric Hauser, President of The Hauser Group, an organization committed to the public interest. Together we will take a close look at this serious issue, its current state and its impact while discussing ways of tackling the problem.
It is time to gather at the Roundtable as Stephanie Robinson delivers hot topics, deep talk and a little bit of uplift. Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson... pull up a chair.
the intro show... what this show is and something about the host.
http://blogtalkradio.com/hollischapmanshow Diane M. Warmsley is proud to announce the release of the book Cash Poor or College?, to be released by Motivational Press. Diane M. Warmsley finds inspiration from 35 years of parenting and working in the college admissions arena.. In the words of Justin Sachs, Best-Selling Author of The Power of Persistence and “Diane Warmsley’s Cash Poor or College? provides parents with an easy to use guide to success in getting their teens on the fast-track to the college of their dreams.Why College Matters in the 21st Century 2) Winning Values for the Teens Years 3) College Search Demystified 4) Ways Parents must Support Teens 5) Under-the-radar Strategies to Boost College Preparedness 6) Five Debates that Parents Must Win!
I love reading a good book. I've loved reading every since I was a little kid. However lots of kids today do not like reading books. In fact they would rather stimulate their mind by playing videos, watching videos, talking on their cell phones or watching the latest reality show. There is a strong push in this country to increase the literacy rate. Did you know that poor reading was found to be linked to low grades.Yes poor reading has even been linked to poverty. Poor literacy is not just someone else's problem literacy is everyone's problem. Today we will discuss improving reading habits to help improve grades and our country. Join Us!
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (23 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (18 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- BlackWomensBlueprint (4 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (4 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- NYCDaFuture (3 chatters)
- Smack Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (2 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- UAM Radio (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (1 chatters)
- Jaimie Hope (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- 27 Outs Podcast Home of MiLB TalkX (1 chatters)
- Bucco Talk0 (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (1 chatters)
- Pnut aka Mr Jones (1 chatters)
- PSP (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (0 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (0 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (0 chatters)