SORT BY Relevancy
The film follows a proposed uranium mill in southwestern Colorado—the first to be built in the U.S. in 30 years—and the emotional debate pitting a population desperate for jobs and financial stability against an environmental group based in nearby a resort town. Without judgement, both sides of the issue are brought to life in heart-wrenching de- tail as the film follows conflicting opinions and visions for the future.
What do you do when your community is dying from lack of funds...is it worth dying from a cancer-causing uranium mill? What is the cost of life in these United States?
Click here for the Trailer: Uranium Drive-In
From the film:
"I want them to understand that there's people here."
"yeah, but I don't think they care about us people. I mean there's no compromise--they don't care about us!"
"Nuclear Power was supposed to be our future. Al lot of this town is here because of Union Carbide and then when they left we're still here! They're long gone now "
"If you're only hearing the piece about jobs, you're not protecting the community. I dare you do better"
"The people complaining the most are driving to the protest in their Mercedes. You can only kick a dog so many times and pretty soon he's going to turn around and bite you."
"I have pulmonary fibrosis"
"I lost a father and two brothers from lung cancer. They all worked in the mines. My dad and my younger brother both died at the age of 48, but the way I feel it was...their time to go."
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- GR HealingFountain (6 chatters)
- Reach Out America (4 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (3 chatters)
- Entrepreneur Conversations (2 chatters)
- NYCDaFuture (2 chatters)
- Open Mike Program (1 chatters)
- Pastor Dean Judkins (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- T3 Talk the Talk (1 chatters)