SORT BY Relevancy
Joe Caporoso talks with Corey Griffin of NBC Sports and The Jets Blog about covering the NFL, his contributions to SNY's The Jets Blog and his expectations for the 2015 season. Questions? Call in at 347-215-8903! Make sure to follow Corey at @CoreyGriffinNBC
NBC Sports officially announced their boxing series this Wednesday at their headquarters in New York City. Most of what was reported yesterday revolved around a double header taking place in Las Vegas on March 7th on NBC. The main event will be Keith Thurman against Robert Guerrero with Adrien Broner vs. John Molina as the co-feature.
Here are other details:
¦There will be 20 fights over the course of the year, 11 will appear on NBC with five shown during prime time hours. The first fight, which will be on March 7, 2015 as discussed above will be on NBC.
¦The next major fight for the series will take place on April 11th on NBC as well and pits light welterweight champion Danny “Swift” Garcia against Lamont Peterson.
¦Fighters will be more active, fighting approximately 3-4 times per year.
¦Fighters appearing on the network will be subjected to Olympic style drug testing for their respective bouts with Cleveland Clinic examining them medically.
¦Proceeds from the NBC series will support the Fighter Brain Health study which will be lead by Dr. Charlie Bernick.
As was reported yesterday, Garcia-Peterson was expected to be announced. Rumors are floating around the west coast about a possible fight between Josesito Lopez and Andre Berto as well.
Anita Marks joined NBC Sports Radio in 2012 and serves as the host of The Anita Marks Show, weekends from Noon – 3 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Radio.
A 12 year veteran and pioneer of sports talk radio, Marks began her career in Miami, Fla. In 2006 Marks made her way to Baltimore, MD where her afternoon drive show was simulcast for four years on Comcast Mid Atlantic Sports Network. Marks joined WFAN in New York in 2010 and served as a host and reporter for shows on WFAN and Sirius XM.
We discuss the emergence and impact of women in sports media.
Sunday, April 12, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "PBC on NBC" edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!
Fight scribe and ring announcer Joseph Herron, along with editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland, will examine both riveting bouts on Saturday night's broadcast of Premier Boxing Champions on NBC primetime!!
- Andy Lee Split Draw 12 with Peter Quillin
- Danny Garcia MD 12 over Lamont Peterson
- Did Judge Glenn Feldman score the fight correctly?
- Did Lamont Peterson deserve the decision over Garcia?
- Has Danny lost a step, or has everyone merely started taking Garcia seriously?
Joseph and Lee will also grade the overall presentation of the NBC broadcast and examine the future of PBC
- How long will Haymon be able to fund these endeavors without significant sponsorship and endorsement?
- Is PBC good or bad for boxing?
The FightSaga team will also preview this weekend's upcoming events on rival networks, HBO and Showtime!!
- Chavez vs. Fonfara, April 18th on Showtime
- Crawford vs. Dulorme, April 18th on HBO
- Provodnikov vs. Matthysse, April 18th on HBO
Tune in for another special edition of Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee, exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
This week in the Barbershop Mike Knoxxx & the crew talk Premier Boxing Champions on NBC Sports Ronda Rousey Best In The World and NFL!
Miss the sports talk you and your buddies talk about in the Barbershop or at the gym & bar well look no further then DA-Barbershop!!! For one hour a week join Mike Knoxxx and the crew talking the biggest stories in the week in sports! MMA,ProWrestling,NBA,MLB,NFL,NCAA & More!!!
Our sports section offers coverage of local sporting events as well as state-wide competitions and national sports. The Hour Of Power In Sports radio program!
Tuesday, April 7, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "PBC" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will preview this weekend's big fight card from Brooklyn, New York, which is slated to be televised on NBC this Saturday night!!
- Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson...12 round special attraction
- Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin for the WBO Middleweight title
Coach Ronnie will answer many questions swirling around Al Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" series
- Why did the influential adviser form the "PBC"?
- What is Al Haymon's "end game"?
- How long can "PBC" sustain this kind of activity?
- What are the benefits of the controversial boxing series versus more traditional business models?
The Houston, Texas based fight coach will also share his thoughts on this past Saturday's fight card on CBS.
- Stevenson UD12 over Bika
- Beterbiev KO4 over Campillo
Tune in for an all new edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
How many of the 16 teams in the NBA Playoffs have a legitimate shot at the championship?
It is a fair question, and it was posed to me this morning on NBC Sports Radio by host Erik Kuselias on NBC Sports Radio. Just to give you a preview, I did not answer "Trail Blazers," "Pelicans" or "Celtics." But I did give an answer that reflects what an odd situation we have on our hands after the first two days of the NBA Playoffs.
Clearly, the Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs are both championship worthy. And just as clearly, one of those teams is going to be watching the second round of the playoffs from their sofas. After two days of postseason basketball, it is not unfair to say that the only series worth your while is the one taking place between the Nos. 3 and 6 seeds in the West -- the two teams that finished the regular season with the strongest finishing kicks.
But which team in the other seven series has a legitimate shot to make these NBA playoffs a bit more interesting?
Give a listen and I'll provide you with an answer.
Join Ej Garr and Corey D Roberts on Sunday April 19th from 7-9pm EST for this week's episode of Major League Fantasy Sports Radio sponsored by the Sports Palooza Radio Network. We will take live call ins at 646.915.8596. We will be discussing current events in Fantasy Baseball.
Our guests this week are Marc Foster, Ryan Bishop, and Ron McCleese. Marc is a former writer with us (Foster your Roster), a seven year veteran, and 3 time champion in MLFS leagues. Ron is a key member of MLFS, a football writer, commissioner, and multi league owner. Ryan is a staple owner in our leagues with 8 years of experience. Ryan is one of the original MLFB owners from 2008.
If you can’t make it to the live airing you can always download the podcast at I-Tunes or Google Play stores. Search for “Sports Palooza Radio Show”. Android owners download “Podcast Republic” and then search on podcast republic for “Sports Palooza Radio Show.”
Will Hawkins, Brian Rojas, Tarek Brooks and guests discuss DC area sports at 7pm ET/4pm PT
* Devil's Advocate
* Wizards Weekly: Reviewing the Wizards/Raptors playoff match up
* Capitals Weekly: Reviewing the Capitals/Islanders playoff match up
* Nationals Weekly: Reviewing last week's results and what is coming up for the week ahead.
* Redskins News: Overview what the Redskins should focus on in the NFL Draft
Other National Sports Headlines:
* NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Review... Duke versus Wisconsin
* Indiana Pacers Chris Copeland stabbed outside New York night club / Two Atlanta Hawks players arrested
* NBA Playoff news
* NHL Playoff news
* Alex Rodriguez returns in a big fashion following suspension
* Adrian Peterson reinstated
* Aaron Hernandez convicted of first degree murder
* Boxing on HBO and Showtime
Lucas Matthysse versus Ruslan Provodnikov
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr versus Andrzej Fonfara
Terence Crawford versus Thomas Dulorme
To listen to the show, go over to www.SportzAddix.com and click on the live radio player or to listen or be part of the show, simply dial 646-378-1303
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (54 chatters)
- The Yaron Brook Show (11 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (5 chatters)
- GGM Radio (5 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Hahn America Radio (2 chatters)
- Psychic Mia0899cs (1 chatters)