SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for a special Big Blend Radio panel discussion on national parks, with guest representatives from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) including:
- John Garder - Director of Budget & Appropriations, Government Affairs
- Alan Spears - Director of Cultural Resources and Government Affairs
- Mark Wenzler - Mark Wenzler is the Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs
This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, streaming live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Utah National Parks: Ann Whittaker - Content Manager of Utah.com, and Kathleen Gonder - Park Ranger, Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Philadelphia Flower Show: Sam Lemheney - PHS Chief of Shows & Events talks about the Show’s theme this year ‘Explore America: 100 Years of the National Park Service’
- Pinnacles National Park: Park Ranger Paul Lathrop talks about the spring wildflowers, birds and butterflies in America’s 59th National Park.
- From the Hood to the Woods: Phill Morris & Roy Beasley discuss Generation X Group’s 1st Annual Youth Excursion to Yosemite.
- Art in Parks: Tanya Orgeta, founder of National Parks Arts Foundation talks about their Artist-in-Residency Programs and Workshops.
John Garder (pictured on far right) and Natalie Levine (center picture) from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), call in to chat with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith, during the 2015 Climate Ride California North Coast. On the NPCA team, John and Natalie talk about the ride, and the climate change issues facing our National Park system.
Climate Ride California is more than a bike trip – it’s an inspiring journey with like-minded people who are united by their passion for sustainability, renewable energy, and bicycles - the ultimate carbon-free form of transportation. Since 1919, the nonpartisan National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) has been the leading voice of the American people in protecting and enhancing our National Park System’s most significant lands and landmarks.
This interview originally aired on May 18, 2015 as part of Big Blend Radio's Vacation Station Travel Radio Expo, that broadcasted live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks with Colleen Bathe - Chief of Interpretation, Education and Partnerships; and Sandy Blankenship – Exeter Chamber of Commerce & Sequoia Tourism Council.
- Biodiversity – Ecologist Brian Machovina discusses his upcoming new study in Science of the Total Environment, about why adopting a plant-based diet can contribute to the preservation of natural resources and have a substantial impact on biodiversity.
- Food as Imagery - New Mexico based artist Victoria Chick discusses the history of food as an art subject.
- Peanuts – Donna George, owner of The Peanut Patch in Yuma, Arizona.
Science Fiction – Writer / Film Director Olatunde Osunsanmi discusses his work on 'The Fourth Kind,' 'Evidence' and 'Falling Skies'
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show! This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA and Born Free Foundation, discusses the outcome of the CITES 66th Meeting of the Standing Committee in Geneva.
- Mark Wenzler, Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses Southwestern Parks in Peril.
- Caeli Quinn – Co-founder of Climate Ride cycling and hiking challenges that raise awareness and support sustainability, active transportation, and environmental causes.
- Erin Hunt, Director of Operations at the California Wolf Center in Julian, CA discusses California wolves and Mexican Gray Wolf Recovery in the Southwest.
Plus, Hollywood History Nature Style, as recalled by Steve Schneickert.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays show, broadcasting live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Winter in California's Sequoia Country – Sandy Blankenship – Sequoia Tourism Council & Exeter Chamber of Commerce, Suzanne Bianco - Visalia Convention & Visitors Bureau, Dana Dierkes - Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks.
- The Peanut Patch – Donna George talks about the history, anniversary and culinary gifts at The Peanut Patch in Yuma, Arizona.
- Medjool Dates - Debbie Mansheim, owner of Basket Creations & More, the retail distributor for Bard Date Company in Yuma, Arizona.
- Holiday Cocktails with Heather Witherington, mixologist at the Yuma Landing Bar & Grill in Yuma, AZ.
Plus, Steve Schneickert recalls the Hollwood History of Thanksgiving.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s HAPPY HOUR variety show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- John Garder, Director of Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses National Park funding.
- Lynn Wiese Sneyd ‘The Book Biz Whiz’ and owner of LWS Literary Services discusses how writing a book can boost your business.
- Fashion designer Aggie Garcia talks about her career as a designer for bikini and figure suit competitors.
ANDREA LANKFORD of Travel Channel’s “Mysteries at the National Parks” (new series) televised expert, and author of “Haunted Hikes” / “Ranger Confidential: Living, Working and Dying in the National Parks” author will be on-air LIVE with The Ghost Host Sophia Temperilli on LiveParanormal.com, SATURDAY, 6/27, 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm U.K. primetime GMT!!! Listen, call-in and chat LIVE!!!
LIVE broadcast location – LiveParanormal.com
Live chat room and your call-ins welcome – (619) 639-4606.
NOTE: The time posted is Pacific Standard. The Ghost Host show is 3pm EST, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain, 8pm U.K. GMT.
Andrea Lankford’s official -- Twitter: @Andrea_Lankford
ANDREA LANKFORD, is a former National Park Service ranger, has performed firefighting, law enforcement, and life-saving wilderness medicine in Cape Hatteras, Zion, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon. As a ranger, she won several awards for her work as a criminal investigator, and she implemented the "Heat Kills, Hike Smart" public education program that generated media attention and is credited with preventing heat-related deaths at the Grand Canyon-a program that continues to save lives today. Her masochistic adventures include thru-hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, kayaking from Miami to Key West, cycling from Fairbanks to the Arctic Ocean, and being the first to mountain bike the 800-mile Arizona Trail. Haunted Hikes is her third book. Andrea currently lives in Southern California with her skeptic husband, a Special Agent for the United States Secret Service.
What to see? What to do? And Why you might want to include a National Park in your travel plans.
The last I heard, we have 401 National Parks or Monuments in the United States. If you love visiting our National Parks, you want to join the National Park Travelers Club.
There are 58 National Parks in the United States and territories with everything from a Rain Forrest in Washington, deathly heat in Death Valley, and the Everglades of Florida with aligators. If you plan to visit several parks in a calender year, there is an annual pass that will be well worth it.
Did you know that the Great Smoky Mountains is the most visited National Park? There are more than 9 million visitors each year. The 2nd most visited site is The Grand Canyon.
Tune in and find out more on why visiting our national parks is well worth the time.
Photos credits by: CNaene, Liz Noffsinger, Rawich, aeypix, and puttsk at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Our series about Education at AMERICA'S BEST IDEA, OUR NATIONAL PARKS, AND YOUR STUDENTS continues ...USING THE POWER OF MUSIC TO ENGAGE STUDENTS IN OUR NATIONAL PARKS with Jeff Wolin, Lead Educator at Florrisant Fossil Beds National Monument, is our guest!
Presented by WILDLIFE ACOUSTICS
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for the last day of Big Blend Radio’s 2-day Travel Radio Expo! This show airs live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
On This Episode:
- Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ discusses her recent trip to France
- Leah Launey of Three Rivers Bed & Breakfast and Ranger Brady Wendt of Lake Kaweah will discuss Summer Fun in Three Rivers, California
- Becky Frost, senior manager of consumer education at Experian Consumer Services will discuss Identity Theft and Travel Safety
- Todd Montgomery – Travel writer and photographer for Life-Uncorked.com, will discuss media trips and events organized by the International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association.
- John Garder, Director, Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association will try call in from his California Climate Ride!
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the Courtyard Marriott San Francisco Larkspur Landing in Marin County, California, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Park units.
- Benjamin Sander & Megan Cantrell from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), will join us to discuss their new partnership with Climate Ride.
- Geoff Orme-Evans - Environment and Climate Change Specialist, Humane Society International
- Neal Desai – National Parks Conservation Association, will discuss Yosemite National Park’s final Merced River Plan
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (5 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (3 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (3 chatters)
- HadIt Veteran To Veteran (3 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- Paravoice Network (2 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- 9 HI TIME RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop Soul Beats (1 chatters)
- Intelligencia (1 chatters)