SORT BY Relevancy
John Garder (pictured on far right) and Natalie Levine (center picture) from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), call in to chat with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith, during the 2015 Climate Ride California North Coast. On the NPCA team, John and Natalie talk about the ride, and the climate change issues facing our National Park system.
Climate Ride California is more than a bike trip – it’s an inspiring journey with like-minded people who are united by their passion for sustainability, renewable energy, and bicycles - the ultimate carbon-free form of transportation. Since 1919, the nonpartisan National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) has been the leading voice of the American people in protecting and enhancing our National Park System’s most significant lands and landmarks.
This interview originally aired on May 18, 2015 as part of Big Blend Radio's Vacation Station Travel Radio Expo, that broadcasted live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s HAPPY HOUR variety show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- John Garder, Director of Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses National Park funding.
- Lynn Wiese Sneyd ‘The Book Biz Whiz’ and owner of LWS Literary Services discusses how writing a book can boost your business.
- Fashion designer Aggie Garcia talks about her career as a designer for bikini and figure suit competitors.
ANDREA LANKFORD of Travel Channel’s “Mysteries at the National Parks” (new series) televised expert, and author of “Haunted Hikes” / “Ranger Confidential: Living, Working and Dying in the National Parks” author will be on-air LIVE with The Ghost Host Sophia Temperilli on LiveParanormal.com, SATURDAY, 6/27, 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm U.K. primetime GMT!!! Listen, call-in and chat LIVE!!!
LIVE broadcast location – LiveParanormal.com
Live chat room and your call-ins welcome – (619) 639-4606.
NOTE: The time posted is Pacific Standard. The Ghost Host show is 3pm EST, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain, 8pm U.K. GMT.
Andrea Lankford’s official -- Twitter: @Andrea_Lankford
ANDREA LANKFORD, is a former National Park Service ranger, has performed firefighting, law enforcement, and life-saving wilderness medicine in Cape Hatteras, Zion, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon. As a ranger, she won several awards for her work as a criminal investigator, and she implemented the "Heat Kills, Hike Smart" public education program that generated media attention and is credited with preventing heat-related deaths at the Grand Canyon-a program that continues to save lives today. Her masochistic adventures include thru-hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, kayaking from Miami to Key West, cycling from Fairbanks to the Arctic Ocean, and being the first to mountain bike the 800-mile Arizona Trail. Haunted Hikes is her third book. Andrea currently lives in Southern California with her skeptic husband, a Special Agent for the United States Secret Service.
What to see? What to do? And Why you might want to include a National Park in your travel plans.
The last I heard, we have 401 National Parks or Monuments in the United States. If you love visiting our National Parks, you want to join the National Park Travelers Club.
There are 58 National Parks in the United States and territories with everything from a Rain Forrest in Washington, deathly heat in Death Valley, and the Everglades of Florida with aligators. If you plan to visit several parks in a calender year, there is an annual pass that will be well worth it.
Did you know that the Great Smoky Mountains is the most visited National Park? There are more than 9 million visitors each year. The 2nd most visited site is The Grand Canyon.
Tune in and find out more on why visiting our national parks is well worth the time.
Photos credits by: CNaene, Liz Noffsinger, Rawich, aeypix, and puttsk at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for the last day of Big Blend Radio’s 2-day Travel Radio Expo! This show airs live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
On This Episode:
- Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ discusses her recent trip to France
- Leah Launey of Three Rivers Bed & Breakfast and Ranger Brady Wendt of Lake Kaweah will discuss Summer Fun in Three Rivers, California
- Becky Frost, senior manager of consumer education at Experian Consumer Services will discuss Identity Theft and Travel Safety
- Todd Montgomery – Travel writer and photographer for Life-Uncorked.com, will discuss media trips and events organized by the International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association.
- John Garder, Director, Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association will try call in from his California Climate Ride!
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Our series about Education at AMERICA'S BEST IDEA, OUR NATIONAL PARKS, AND YOUR STUDENTS continues ...USING THE POWER OF MUSIC TO ENGAGE STUDENTS IN OUR NATIONAL PARKS with Jeff Wolin, Lead Educator at Florrisant Fossil Beds National Monument, is our guest!
Presented by WILDLIFE ACOUSTICS
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the Courtyard Marriott San Francisco Larkspur Landing in Marin County, California, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Park units.
- Benjamin Sander & Megan Cantrell from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), will join us to discuss their new partnership with Climate Ride.
- Geoff Orme-Evans - Environment and Climate Change Specialist, Humane Society International
- Neal Desai – National Parks Conservation Association, will discuss Yosemite National Park’s final Merced River Plan
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
- Doreen Taylor – The award winning singer/songwriter releases her new single ‘Colors of the USA’ to benefit the National Parks Conservation Association.
- Steve Caron – Sky’s The Limit Observatory in Twentynine Palms, CA.
- Bruce Tepper - Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in Yosemite’s Gold Country.
- Adonia Ripple - General Manager Yosemite Operations, Yosemite Conservancy
- Leah Launey – Three Rivers B&B in Three Rivers, CA
- Dana Dierkes - Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
- Cynthia Johnston – Herbalist, MoonMaid Botanicals
- Aggie Garcia – Fashion Designer, Illusions by Aggie
Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith welcome Jim Nations, the National Parks Conservation Association's VP for the Center for Park Research, on Big Blend Radio's NATURE CONNECTION show to discuss the new report 'National Parks and Hydraulic Fracturing: Balancing Energy Needs, Nature, and America’s National Heritage' that was just released by the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA).This new report examines the impact of existing, proposed, and potential oil and gas development on America’s national parks and offers recommendations to ensure future drilling safeguards public health and the environment. The report’s five case studies analyze national parks that are already in the path of the fracking boom, including: (1) Theodore Roosevelt National Park, (2) Glacier National Park, (3) Grand Teton National Park, (4) Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and (5) Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area and Obed Wild and Scenic River. Photo of Jim Nations by Stirling Elmendorf.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day and National Parks Week than to talk with ARAMARK Parks and Destinations. There’s no better way to welcome warmer weather than with travel to the great outdoors. America offers vast wilderness for people to explore from the grandest of National Parks, to undisturbed forestland. If this isn’t inspiration enough to lace up your hiking boots, April is also Keep America Beautiful Month, and home to National Parks Week (April 20-26) and Earth Day (April 22). Perfect excuses to leave civilization, head out into wild and explore our great resources while leaving only foot (or hoof) prints behind.
Today we're talking with Allison Gosselin, Director of Environmental Sustainability at ARAMARK, & Lauren Pearce, Public Relations for ARAMARK.
ARAMARK Parks and Destinations delivers authentic, memorable experiences at national and state parks, specialty hotels, museums and other visitor destinations across the United States.
?THE NATIONAL PARKS AND K-12 EDUCATION
Education Opps from The National Mall in DC
Our continuing series.....continues. Hence the name "continuing series". This show is so good that Abe Lincoln plans to get up off his chair to listen. Jen Epstein , Education Specialist at The National Mall and Historic Sites is our guest. NPS offers great materials for education nation-wide. Learn more today?
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – mother-daughter travel team & publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour show, airing live from the Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in California's Yosemite Gold Country.
- LeAaron Foley of the National Parks Conservation Association explains the potential establishment of Pullman National Park in Chicago.
- Vojtech Kacerovsky - Director Czech Tourism LA & travel writer Linda Kissam discuss The Czech Republic.
- Travel writers Norm & Maralyn Hill discuss Norfolk.
- Vince Gelonese – Australian singer, songwriter, musician & show producer.
- Senani - Australian soul/pop singer.