SORT BY Relevancy
What to see? What to do? And Why you might want to include a National Park in your travel plans.
The last I heard, we have 401 National Parks or Monuments in the United States. If you love visiting our National Parks, you want to join the National Park Travelers Club.
There are 58 National Parks in the United States and territories with everything from a Rain Forrest in Washington, deathly heat in Death Valley, and the Everglades of Florida with aligators. If you plan to visit several parks in a calender year, there is an annual pass that will be well worth it.
Did you know that the Great Smoky Mountains is the most visited National Park? There are more than 9 million visitors each year. The 2nd most visited site is The Grand Canyon.
Tune in and find out more on why visiting our national parks is well worth the time.
Photos credits by: CNaene, Liz Noffsinger, Rawich, aeypix, and puttsk at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Our series about Education at AMERICA'S BEST IDEA, OUR NATIONAL PARKS, AND YOUR STUDENTS continues ...USING THE POWER OF MUSIC TO ENGAGE STUDENTS IN OUR NATIONAL PARKS with Jeff Wolin, Lead Educator at Florrisant Fossil Beds National Monument, is our guest!
Presented by WILDLIFE ACOUSTICS
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the Courtyard Marriott San Francisco Larkspur Landing in Marin County, California, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Park units.
- Benjamin Sander & Megan Cantrell from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), will join us to discuss their new partnership with Climate Ride.
- Geoff Orme-Evans - Environment and Climate Change Specialist, Humane Society International
- Neal Desai – National Parks Conservation Association, will discuss Yosemite National Park’s final Merced River Plan
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
- Doreen Taylor – The award winning singer/songwriter releases her new single ‘Colors of the USA’ to benefit the National Parks Conservation Association.
- Steve Caron – Sky’s The Limit Observatory in Twentynine Palms, CA.
- Bruce Tepper - Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in Yosemite’s Gold Country.
- Adonia Ripple - General Manager Yosemite Operations, Yosemite Conservancy
- Leah Launey – Three Rivers B&B in Three Rivers, CA
- Dana Dierkes - Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
- Cynthia Johnston – Herbalist, MoonMaid Botanicals
- Aggie Garcia – Fashion Designer, Illusions by Aggie
Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith welcome Jim Nations, the National Parks Conservation Association's VP for the Center for Park Research, on Big Blend Radio's NATURE CONNECTION show to discuss the new report 'National Parks and Hydraulic Fracturing: Balancing Energy Needs, Nature, and America’s National Heritage' that was just released by the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA).This new report examines the impact of existing, proposed, and potential oil and gas development on America’s national parks and offers recommendations to ensure future drilling safeguards public health and the environment. The report’s five case studies analyze national parks that are already in the path of the fracking boom, including: (1) Theodore Roosevelt National Park, (2) Glacier National Park, (3) Grand Teton National Park, (4) Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and (5) Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area and Obed Wild and Scenic River. Photo of Jim Nations by Stirling Elmendorf.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day and National Parks Week than to talk with ARAMARK Parks and Destinations. There’s no better way to welcome warmer weather than with travel to the great outdoors. America offers vast wilderness for people to explore from the grandest of National Parks, to undisturbed forestland. If this isn’t inspiration enough to lace up your hiking boots, April is also Keep America Beautiful Month, and home to National Parks Week (April 20-26) and Earth Day (April 22). Perfect excuses to leave civilization, head out into wild and explore our great resources while leaving only foot (or hoof) prints behind.
Today we're talking with Allison Gosselin, Director of Environmental Sustainability at ARAMARK, & Lauren Pearce, Public Relations for ARAMARK.
ARAMARK Parks and Destinations delivers authentic, memorable experiences at national and state parks, specialty hotels, museums and other visitor destinations across the United States.
?THE NATIONAL PARKS AND K-12 EDUCATION
Education Opps from The National Mall in DC
Our continuing series.....continues. Hence the name "continuing series". This show is so good that Abe Lincoln plans to get up off his chair to listen. Jen Epstein , Education Specialist at The National Mall and Historic Sites is our guest. NPS offers great materials for education nation-wide. Learn more today?
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – mother-daughter travel team & publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour show, airing live from the Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in California's Yosemite Gold Country.
- LeAaron Foley of the National Parks Conservation Association explains the potential establishment of Pullman National Park in Chicago.
- Vojtech Kacerovsky - Director Czech Tourism LA & travel writer Linda Kissam discuss The Czech Republic.
- Travel writers Norm & Maralyn Hill discuss Norfolk.
- Vince Gelonese – Australian singer, songwriter, musician & show producer.
- Senani - Australian soul/pop singer.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith, publishers of VacationStationMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station travel show, airing live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of National Parks.
- Mark Essman & Christine Bohlke – Marin County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- John Dell’Osso – Point Reyes National Seashore in Marin County, CA
- Sandy Gordon – Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in California’s Yosemite Gold Country
- Joe Juszkiewicz – Evergreen Lodge, gateway to Yosemite National Park
- George Wendt - Founder of OARS White Water Rafting & Adventure Travel Company
- Krisie Morgan - Julian Chamber of Commerce in San Diego’s mountain and back-country
- Artist Victoria Chick – Plein Air Painting
WANT TO PUT THE CIVIL WAR INTO REAL PERSPECTIVE FOR YOUR STUDENTS .
ITS THE 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT BATTLE THAT CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY. GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK EDUCATION SPECIALIST BARB SAUNDERS IS OUR GUEST.
NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE , THEY'RE YOUR PARKS. USE THEM
in Self Help
Tune in tonight to hear about the Haitian Container Project. These high school pre-engineering students led by mentors Marcellus Pitts and Leon Grant are on a mission to build a sustainable community in Haiti and leave a blueprint for success the whole country can follow there to improve living conditions.
Next, Teresa Baker is Founder of African American National Parks Event a network of African American hikers that blaze trials across the country and educate on the benefits of nature and protecting the environment.
Don't miss this show!
What’s better than seeing a Shakespeare play? Seeing a Shakespeare play outdoors, on a beautiful evening, in a re-creation of the Globe Theatre. Travel Brigade takes you to the Tony Award-winning Utah Shakespeare Festival, where the location in Cedar City puts you a short drive from the natural wonders of Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and Cedar Breaks National Monument, plus many other state parks and outdoor destinations. Enjoy the red rock country by day and the Bard by night! We’ll also learn about other Shakespeare festivals across America when we talk with the “Shakespeare on the Road” group visiting from England. Enjoy the trip! Follow us on Twitter @TravelBrigade.
Join Host Live Chats
- Absolute Bible Truth (19 chatters)
- FallenAngelsTV (18 chatters)
- Naked Departure Talk Show (12 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (3 chatters)
- tlbethel (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Keep It Real Daily (1 chatters)
- ShadySykes (1 chatters)