SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the Courtyard Marriott San Francisco Larkspur Landing in Marin County, California, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Park units.
- Benjamin Sander & Megan Cantrell from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), will join us to discuss their new partnership with Climate Ride.
- Geoff Orme-Evans - Environment and Climate Change Specialist, Humane Society International
- Neal Desai – National Parks Conservation Association, will discuss Yosemite National Park’s final Merced River Plan
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show, airing live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
- Doreen Taylor – The award winning singer/songwriter releases her new single ‘Colors of the USA’ to benefit the National Parks Conservation Association.
- Steve Caron – Sky’s The Limit Observatory in Twentynine Palms, CA.
- Bruce Tepper - Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in Yosemite’s Gold Country.
- Adonia Ripple - General Manager Yosemite Operations, Yosemite Conservancy
- Leah Launey – Three Rivers B&B in Three Rivers, CA
- Dana Dierkes - Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
- Cynthia Johnston – Herbalist, MoonMaid Botanicals
- Aggie Garcia – Fashion Designer, Illusions by Aggie
Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith welcome Jim Nations, the National Parks Conservation Association's VP for the Center for Park Research, on Big Blend Radio's NATURE CONNECTION show to discuss the new report 'National Parks and Hydraulic Fracturing: Balancing Energy Needs, Nature, and America’s National Heritage' that was just released by the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA).This new report examines the impact of existing, proposed, and potential oil and gas development on America’s national parks and offers recommendations to ensure future drilling safeguards public health and the environment. The report’s five case studies analyze national parks that are already in the path of the fracking boom, including: (1) Theodore Roosevelt National Park, (2) Glacier National Park, (3) Grand Teton National Park, (4) Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and (5) Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area and Obed Wild and Scenic River. Photo of Jim Nations by Stirling Elmendorf.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day and National Parks Week than to talk with ARAMARK Parks and Destinations. There’s no better way to welcome warmer weather than with travel to the great outdoors. America offers vast wilderness for people to explore from the grandest of National Parks, to undisturbed forestland. If this isn’t inspiration enough to lace up your hiking boots, April is also Keep America Beautiful Month, and home to National Parks Week (April 20-26) and Earth Day (April 22). Perfect excuses to leave civilization, head out into wild and explore our great resources while leaving only foot (or hoof) prints behind.
Today we're talking with Allison Gosselin, Director of Environmental Sustainability at ARAMARK, & Lauren Pearce, Public Relations for ARAMARK.
ARAMARK Parks and Destinations delivers authentic, memorable experiences at national and state parks, specialty hotels, museums and other visitor destinations across the United States.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – mother-daughter travel team & publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour show, airing live from the Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in California's Yosemite Gold Country.
- LeAaron Foley of the National Parks Conservation Association explains the potential establishment of Pullman National Park in Chicago.
- Vojtech Kacerovsky - Director Czech Tourism LA & travel writer Linda Kissam discuss The Czech Republic.
- Travel writers Norm & Maralyn Hill discuss Norfolk.
- Vince Gelonese – Australian singer, songwriter, musician & show producer.
- Senani - Australian soul/pop singer.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith, publishers of VacationStationMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station travel show, airing live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of National Parks.
- Mark Essman & Christine Bohlke – Marin County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- John Dell’Osso – Point Reyes National Seashore in Marin County, CA
- Sandy Gordon – Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau in California’s Yosemite Gold Country
- Joe Juszkiewicz – Evergreen Lodge, gateway to Yosemite National Park
- George Wendt - Founder of OARS White Water Rafting & Adventure Travel Company
- Krisie Morgan - Julian Chamber of Commerce in San Diego’s mountain and back-country
- Artist Victoria Chick – Plein Air Painting
What’s better than seeing a Shakespeare play? Seeing a Shakespeare play outdoors, on a beautiful evening, in a re-creation of the Globe Theatre. Travel Brigade takes you to the Tony Award-winning Utah Shakespeare Festival, where the location in Cedar City puts you a short drive from the natural wonders of Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and Cedar Breaks National Monument, plus many other state parks and outdoor destinations. Enjoy the red rock country by day and the Bard by night! We’ll also learn about other Shakespeare festivals across America when we talk with the “Shakespeare on the Road” group visiting from England. Enjoy the trip! Follow us on Twitter @TravelBrigade.
WANT TO PUT THE CIVIL WAR INTO REAL PERSPECTIVE FOR YOUR STUDENTS .
ITS THE 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT BATTLE THAT CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY. GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK EDUCATION SPECIALIST BARB SAUNDERS IS OUR GUEST.
NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE , THEY'RE YOUR PARKS. USE THEM
Join Big Blend Magazine editors Nancy & Lisa, for Big Blend Radio! Talking about Holiday Food & Wines, featured guests on 'Eat, Drink & Be Merry' include Mark Manfield - Lorimar Winery; Dawn Bryan - Qualipedia; and RB Quinn & Mindy Merrell 'Cheater Chefs' and authors of 'Cheater BBQ'. On 'Vacation Station' we'll discuss Cultural Diversity in National Parks with Alan Spears - National Parks Conservation Association.
In this special EPR broadcast, Pastor Will Griffith draws from the Book of Micah and suggests the United States needs to embrace new concepts in foreign policy that relies less upon military might and more on the Word of God in dealing with geo-political issues. He cites inequality in the human condition as the primary cause of war in our age, and cites the following scriptural text for the foundation of this broadcast:
"He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore." ~Micah 4:3
Pastor Will touches upon the lost opportunities to "lead with world" following 911 and how the opportunity for a new American foreign policy was squandered after the Cold War. He affirms the right of the United States and Israel to defend their national security interests and suggests it is time to begin looking at new formulas for our foreign policies.
In this 1/2 hour radio broadcast, Pastor Will illustrates that there is no difference in the Bush and Obama Administrations when it comes to the ready use of military options to address the War on Terrorism. He closes out the broadcast with a prayer for President Barack Obama and the United States Congress, and follows the teachings of Jesus Himself in praying for the sworn enemies of the United States, calling on God to intervene.
VISIT EVANGEL PACIFIC MINISTRIES
Nancy Reid and Lisa Smith, the hosts of Big Blend Radio, join me here on The Mompreneur Model Show on Thursday, July 17th at 10amPT/1pmET. Nancy and Lisa, publishers of BigBlendMagazine, are stopping in to give us an update on their 5-year tour on our National Parks. Joining them are Emily Douce from The National Parks Conservation Association, Yvonne Peach, owner of the historical Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, AZ, Bruce Tepper from the Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau up in Yosemite’s Gold Country and Sandy Blankenship, President of the Exeter Chamber of Commerce and part of the Sequoia Tourism Council. They are all going to be sharing the Big Blend Radio's 5 year tour! I hope you will join us here on Word of Mom Radio - the show for Mompreneurs - the NEW Business Woman.
Thanks to our show sponsors, Life Coaching and Beyond and Safety First Bags. Meet them and all of our sponsors in our Mompreneur Marketplace on our website.
Be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Google+ and email firstname.lastname@example.org for information, comments and more.
Word of Mom Radio - sharing the wisdom of women.