SORT BY Relevancy
Which will provide a better ROI? Some investors use mutual funds, others buy individual stocks and build their own portfolio. Which way is better? Who has the higher ROI at the end of the year. The answer may surprise you. Martha Stocks CMT explains how mutual funds are created, and how a fund manager selects stocks. She also will explain what an investor needs to know to create their own portfolio.
Martha Stokes, CMT
Check out Martha’s Market Blog FREE
For many the thought of investments immediately brings up the topic of mutual funds. This is interesting as mutual funds have not really been in existence all that long.
Today NO BS Money Guy Todd Strobel interviews Best Selling Author Kim Butler to determine the facts, fiction and marketing behind The Mutual Fund Industry.
Kim will be sharing the facts as well as alternatives that may be better choice for the investor if not necessarily the sales person.
Click to download your free E-Book: Saving With Risk; Mutual Funds from a Prosperous Perspective
You obviously know I'm not a big fan of retirement plans. The inevitable question I get is, "If not retirement plans, where should we put our money?"
Find out some safe, and powerful places where you can trust your money can work for you.
Chris Miles Bio:
Chris Miles, the "Cash Flow Expert," is a leading authority showing entrepreneurs and their spouses how to quickly free up and create cash flow and lasting wealth TODAY spending time doing what they love most! He has been featured in US News, CNN Money, Bankrate.com, interviewed internationally on TV & radio, and has a high reputation with his company, Money Ripples (http://www.moneyripples.com/) getting his clients fast, life-altering financial results.
Who says you can't build wealth?
Working Americans have the power to build savings and investments.. And it doesn't mean winning lotto.
By freeing up $500 or more each month--by not overpaying taxes, by reducing debt, by rescuing cash in life insurance--individuals and families can get ahead of the game. It's a necessity.
Here's where your money should go.
1. Emergency Fund: This is your reserve fund in the event of an unforeseen emergency, job loss or an unexpected expense.
2. Short-Term Savings: This account is for money that you set aside for expenses like a new computer or perhaps a vacation.
3. Long-Term Savings/Investments: This is where your retirement savings, college fund and other long-range savings will go. Because these savings have more of a long-term time horizon, you can use investment vehicles with potential for a higher rate of return, such as equity mutual funds.
Let's get financially well:
In the NY Capital Region, come to our Money Health Fair, this Wednesday night, July 30 at the Rotterdam Town Library, 6:00--7:30 pm. 1100 N. Westcott Rd. Call 952-1257 for more information.
See you next time.
What's the three-legged stool of retirement and why do we have to forget about it and become investors instead of savers.
Tonight we look at mutual funds, investing with a purpose to minimize risk, maximize growth and get ahead of the game.
And what's the picture window story?
Sponsored by the Point Cafe, Schenectady Computer Repair, and Arthur's Market.
This week we discuss... The U.S. economy's strength vs. the world's weaknesses; why more than 60% of investors bet wrong; errors in picking mutual funds or money managers; and how to find the right financial advisor for you.
WELL YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE FINAL AND FIFTH EPISODE OF OUR PERSONAL FINANCIAL JOURNEY. THE FIRST FOUR EPISODES IN A NUTSHEEL GOT YOUR GOALS TOGETHER, SHOWED YOU HOW THE MONETARY SYSTEM WORKS, SHOWED YOU HOW TO GET A BUDGET TOGETHER AND WE HAVE INTRODUCED YOU TO SOME TRADING PLATFORMS AND THEIR COSTS. WE EVEN WENT AS FAR AS TO GRADE THE TRADING PLATFORMS AND BROKERS. THIS EPISODE WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO DO A TRADE AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION NEEDED BEFORE YOU PULL THE TRIGGER ON YOUR FIRST TRADE. WE WILL ALSO TEACH YOU ABOUT STOCKS, BONDS, MUTUAL FUNDS, ETF'S AND FOREX. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EPISODE. ALSO DON'T FORGET ALL OF THE SHOWS FOR BUSINESS TALK WITH DR. SCOTT ARE ALWAYS RECORDED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SHOW AIRS. SEE YOU NEXT SHOW ON BLOGTALKRADIO.COM.
Sydney Tremayne:Sydney was born in England where he lived for 26 years. He then spent the next 43 years in Canada and now lives in a mountain village in Panama. I doubt that Panama has ever seen the likes of Sydney’s internet-enabled workrate and server utilization!
He is a renowned expert in investment strategies and well known for explaining his systems, including in his three investment books (two of them best sellers), in a straightforward, easy-to-understand manner.
Sydney founded Wealthy Investor Limited in 2009 and is the chief executive officer. Over the last four years, based on more than 50 years of professional and private investment experience, he has designed a uniquely effective and profitable long-term stock timing investment system.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (479 chatters)
- John Baptist (98 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (47 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (17 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (10 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (9 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (8 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (7 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (6 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Kennel Spotlight (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- chocmami (1 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)