SORT BY Relevancy
May is Lupus Awareness Month. What is Lupus? An auto-immune deficiency disease that can completely turn your life around. Join Author LM Young and her guests as they discuss the importance of creating awareness of this most serious illness. As always, My Rays of Light Radio encourages all of our listeners to call in and view your thoughts and comments about this disease.
Order a Copy - http://fhu2.org/K140619.html
Cure Stress - http://curestressdevice.com/device
Host: Roy Masters
Roy discussed sickness is not a disease, it is an emotion.
Dawn's call about Lupus continues.
Cathy was helped by what Roy said about Lupus.
Verna asks about Bi-Polar.
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). An estimated, 1.5 million Americans have lupus.
Special Guest: Annette Myarick is the CEO for the Lupus Foundation of America’s (LFA) Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter. Prior to joining the LFA in 1991, she was with the Arthritis Foundation’s Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter for 14 years, most recently as the Vice President for Public Health Strategies. Annette has a Bachelor’s degree in Community Health Education from Temple University.
Special Guest: Leyla Moreno is a native of Panama. Leyla was recognized in 2008 and 2009 by Impacto Latin Newspaper and the Philadelphia Multicultural Congress as one of the ten Most Influential Latino Leaders under 40. She graduated (cum laude) with a degree in Political Science and Latin American Studies from Temple University. Leyla is a board member of the Lupus Foundation of America’s (LFA) Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter.
Special Guest: Tabitha Borrero is 35 years old, lives in New Jersey and was diagnosed with lupus in 2002. Since her diagnosis, Tabitha has been a warrior and champion for the cause. Her candid approach at living with lupus, exemplifies the daily struggles and emotional distress the disease can cause. But, more importantly, she shares the joy and daily accomplishments of living life with lupus. The energy Tabitha brings to being a lupus warrior, reminds us that the battle is never over. She reminds us that we are warriors and warriors don’t quit.
Keva Brooks Napper is a native of Greensboro, North Carolina. She graduated from North Carolina Central University and served as an educator in Guilford County and Winston Salem Forsyth County Schools. Keva founded Beautiful Butterflies, Inc. in 2011 and serves as its executive director.
Diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in 2003, she suffered several grand mal seizures and had 2 blood clots on the brain, causing a stroke, in 2004 with a miraculous recovery. Throughout the years, she has had many obstacles to overcome. With God’s grace, a loving family and supportive friends, she has been able to overcome them, one day at a time.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that for unknown reasons is rapidly on the rise, especially among African American women. It is treatable, but as yet the cure has not been discovered or if it has, has not been widely published. It can be fatal. Lupus attacks many organs so the symptoms appear like so many other diseases.How can you tell if you have lupus? How can you manage the affects of it and still maintain an active life? Community Activist Norreen Nix discusses her struggle to triumph over this debilitating disease, even as she continues her many activities as a youth mentor and organizer.
ASA~ Family Tune Friday, August 8, 2014 from 6:00pm-7:30pm www.blogtalkradio.com/hereafterisnow or listen on the call in line at 347-857-4514 press #1 to comment or ask a question. The topic will be LUPUS Joint Pain
Joint and muscle pain is often the first sign of lupus so check it out with your doctor. This pain tends to occur on both sides of the body at the same time, particularly in the joints of the wrists, hands, fingers, and knees so not just one side. The joints may look inflamed and feel warm to the touch. But unlike rheumatoid arthritis, lupus usually does not cause permanent joint damage therefore you could over look it.
Lupus Symptom: Butterfly Rash
A tell-tale sign of lupus is a butterfly-shaped rash across the cheeks and bridge of the nose. There are also other common skin problems include sensitivity to the sun with flaky, red spots or a scaly, purple rash on various parts of the body, including the face, neck, and arms this could be mistaken for eczema. I read reports that some people also develop mouth sores.
Lupus Symptom: Nail Changes as well
Lupus can cause the nails to crack or even fall off. They may be discolored with blue or reddish spots at the base please don't let this alarm you. These spots are actually in the nail bed, the result of inflamed small blood vessels. Swelling may also make the skin around the base of the nail look red and puffy, but it could be other reasons.
Did you know that these and more are sign, symptoms and the effects of Lupus? Lets talk.... this Friday!
Join the Literary Ladies of the ATL as we interview our literary sister, authoress K.S. Oliver. In honor of Lupus Awareness Month, K.S. explains to us what it is like to live with Lupus. This episode is meant to inspire and educate our community about an illness that many suffer from yet many know so little about. Don't miss this opportunity to educate yourself because you just may know someone with Lupus.
IN THE MIX web radio - Health, Wellness & Beauty series“Where a healthy, happy & beautiful YOU, starts from the inside out!” Friday June 14, 2013 5pm PST Joint pain, arthritis, rash on the face, these are just some of the symptoms of this ravaging and mysterious autoimmune disease Lupus. Activist and Lupus survivor ZENAY ARNOLD stops by IN THE MIX web radio’s Health, Wellness & Beauty series to talk about surviving LUPUS, creating her foundation and her fight to spread the word to make us more aware. Even though her sister actress TICHINA ARNOLD (“Martin,” “Happily Divorced”) might be a star, she is ZENAY’S biggest fan and advocate. Join us in the fight! www.tichinaarnold.com Visit us on facebook and leave your comments about this show: www.facebook.com/blogtalksam
IN THE MIX web radio is sponsored by:GEN’S GUILTLESS GOURMET: Healthier for the planet, healthier for you! www.gensguiltlessgourmet.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (86 chatters)
- The Portal (34 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (33 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (22 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Straitway (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Living Astrology (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (6 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (4 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- CWA Radio (3 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (3 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- LyricalForte (2 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (1 chatters)
- RevBarbara (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Out and About Town (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (0 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (0 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (0 chatters)